Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Must be a glorified practice because the refs aren't not calling 3 seconds in the lane on Stanford.

As noted above most of UNLV's FTAs were BS calls.

Anyway the lead is 20 now. And that's w/ Kiana Williams and Lexie Hull doing hardly anything so far.

Reaction Score
This is a glorified practice. Tara has gone 11 deep in the 1st quarter I think. Several starters have barely played. Brink came in and was subbed out again almost immediately. She probably doesn't want to embarrass her former player and assistant coach Lindy LaRoque. 'Furd could pick their score if they wanted to.

This. I mean, yes, Stanford's had it's moments when it hasn't exactly been clicking, but this is also a team that's had to adapt to some very unusual circumstances in adjusting to life in Vegas. I think other posters have already pointed out what's been going on in this game so far, but I'm pleased at how Stanford is playing given where we are in the season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Where is Brink? Did she get hurt? Played about a minute, hasn't been in in Q2.

edit--never mind, just came in; surprised at her lack of PT so far

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They should be ahead by at least 30, if not more, it's UNLV for Christ sake.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
They should be ahead by at least 30, if not more, it's UNLV for Christ sake.
Tara's not gonna run up the score too much against her former player who was gracious enough to repair our broken season by hosting us last minute and letting us stay to schedule the Washington schools. I see Tara going deep into the roster within a few minutes into every quarter as long as we're up by at least 20.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Damn, looks like I can't get that network even clicking Plebe's link...:oops:
I'm getting it without issue. How bout now?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hailey Jones on triple double watch, but probably won't play much in the 2nd half.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Tara's not gonna run up the score too much against her former player who was gracious enough to repair our broken season by hosting us last minute and letting us stay to schedule the Washington schools. I see Tara going deep into the roster within a few minutes into every quarter as long as we're up by at least 20.
They aren't looking as sharp as in their first game. I am not worried, though.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
She was also her assistant coach for the last few years. I can tell you that all 11 Stanford players are better than the best UNLV player.

Reaction Score
I also have a feeling that people on this board will nitpick anything that they can find about Stanford.
They aren't looking as sharp as in their first game. I

I think that's to be expected due to the SCC County Ban, the Relocation, and what we might surmise is a lack of practice time given everything that's happened.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
They aren't looking as sharp as in their first game. I
It seems like in our players have been going for more one-on-one (and sometimes one-on-three) hero ball than I am accustomed to seeing in a Tara team, rather than running sets. Not sure if that was part of the game plan since they athletically overmatch their opposition rather substantially and we're rotating the whole cast and crew in and out just about on the minute. Plus it's good practice to develop those plan B shots when the D is keyed in on our sets. But there have been a number of missed shots and turnovers when our younger players are trying to drive into the paint rather than score off a set play, and it shows in the box score.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jones w/ 14, Belibi 8, Anna Wilson 7 at the half. 47-21.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
It seems like in our players have been going for more one-on-one (and sometimes one-on-three) hero ball than I am accustomed to seeing in a Tara team, rather than running sets. Not sure if that was part of the game plan, since they athletically overmatch their opposition rather substantially, and it's good practice to develop those plan B shots when the D is keyed in on our sets. But there have been a number of missed shots and turnovers when our younger players are trying to drive into the paint rather than score off a set play, and it shows in the box score.
I saw that from Brink for sure. Tara will have a few words of wisdom at halftime.

Reaction Score
Well, I have good news for @SECbbfan24 as I am watching the Auburn-Houston game and Auburn is definitely the worst team in the SEC. Auburn is losing by 10 (closest they have been since the 1st qtr, midway through the 4th. 56-46 6 minutes left, sloppy play, poor shooting...:oops:

I gotta be honest here, Houston can't handle the press, has poor passing, poor rebound control that 1. after 6 years, I don't know how Huey still has a job and 2. I am so glad to be out of the American due to pathetic teams.

As a UCF Alum that lives in Houston it has been interesting. I first started taking my kids to most of the UCF vs Houston games of various sports over the last 5 years.

The first of the non-men's basketball or football game was the last season of Coach Joi. Both teams were pretty rough and UCF choked away the game. Soon after that game Joi was fired (she honestly was allowed to hang around far too long due to apathy from prior ADs) and Coach Abe was hired.

I know Coach Abe isn't loved here but the transformation has obviously been huge from a competitive stand point. I don't think we have lost at Houston since that hire and generally the lead has been comfortable. I think Houston is where UCF was with Coach Joi and they just don't care enough to make a change. It will be interesting to see how the 2nd tier teams (USF/UCF/Cincy) do without UCONN here over the next couple of seasons.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
As noted above most of UNLV's FTAs were BS calls.

Anyway the lead is 20 now. And that's w/ Kiana Williams and Lexie Hull doing hardly anything so far.
No they were not BS calls.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm getting it without issue. How bout now?
The link @MSGRET provided did the trick, the link you had did get there but it wouldn't work. And sure enought, the game comes and and is at Halftime... Head bang

So while I "Like"d the post from MSGRET, let me formally give him the assist on the play as I did score. Your pass was on the money but I "missed the shot", so no assist for you on that link... :rolleyes:

And while I got your attention, based all the games you have seen, what is you Dec 5 Conference ranking?

Plebe

Reaction Score
The link @MSGRET provided did the trick, the link you had did get there but it wouldn't work. So while I "Like"d the post from MSGRET, let me formally give him the assist on the play as I did score. Your pass was on the money but I "missed the shot", so no assist for you on that link... :rolleyes:

So while I got your attention, based all the games you have seen, what is you Dec 5 Conference ranking?
Ha I don’t have enough data really. But clearly the pac 12 is the top conference, no other conference will be able to make up that gap.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think multiple people disagree, let's move on and enjoy the second half.
To be honest i can always tell if @nwhoopfan has a rooting interest by simply waiting to see which team he thinks is getting screwed over by the refs :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
'Furd goes up 30 immediately to start Q3. Big enough margin now?

edit--12-0 run to start Q3, now up almost 40

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
To be honest i can always tell if @nwhoopfan has a rooting interest by simply waiting to see which team he thinks is getting screwed over by the refs :rolleyes:

Hmm...:rolleyes:

Well I do occasionally point out dubious officiating in a game I don't have a rooting interest in.

Reaction Score

Hmm...:rolleyes:

Well I do occasionally point out dubious officiating in a game I don't have a rooting interest in.

Honestly, I'd love to see Missy call a UConn game against...well, anyone really, and see how that goes for UConn fans.

Stanford up by 39 with a great start to Q3.

Reaction Score
No defense (or offense) by UNLV. UNLV's defense is non-existent. Stanford getting one lay-up after another. Not taking a thing away from Stanford, as lay-up practice is valuable.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom