Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

Reaction Score
Little Rock leads Vanderbilt 26-9 lmao after 1 quarter

Screen_Shot_2017-09-26_at_1.08.38_PM.png

Reaction Score
I'm cautiously optimistic. Last year was all about blowing double digit leads for Washington. Their last 2 games they've taken a decent lead going into Q4 and blown the game wide open, winning by nearly 30 each game. Yesterday was by far their biggest winning margin in a Pac 12 game since Wynn has been there. Previously it was by 14 over Colorado. I know Cal is 0-3 and looks really bad, but I'm still looking at it as a positive for the Dawgs.

But of course we will find out a lot more about what kind of team UW has on Sunday.

I think there's definitely been some positives coming out of Seattle this year -- the bad news is that it looks like the Stanford game might be their last game for a while depending on Wazzu's COVID protocol for next week. That means that they'd likely run into Stanford, then Oregon. I hope that doesn't shake up whatever mojo or confidence they'd built up before an easier stretch against Oregon State, Colorado, and Utah.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, this Vandy-Ark game is showing how inept Vandy is. I am not sure if Fuller is playing but Vandy may be worse than Auburn. When is White's contract up? I have that info buried somewhere in my excel spreadsheets but if the new Vandy AD extends her contract, they should be arrested as accessory to the crime of larceny.

61-51 Ark-LR after 3 quarters...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I haven't been watching any of these teams, but it sounds like it's gonna be a real fight to find out who is the worst team in the SEC. Several worthy contenders.

Reaction Score
Alabama making a comeback vs Ok St

Good game

Just took 62-61 lead

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Alabama making a comeback vs Ok St

Good game

Just took 62-61 lead
I would say this is a horrible game. Oklahoma State looks completely disinterested and listless on both ends, with about 95% of their offense consisting of aimless dribbling, and on defense completely failing to guard players whose only offensive weapon is an outside shot. Alabama has also gotten into the game through ample use of the Pat Summitt chuck-and-crash method.

Okie State really misses Vivian Gray, I tell ya. Outside of Natasha Mack they just don't have anyone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would say this is a horrible game. Oklahoma State looks completely disinterested and listless on both ends, with about 95% of their offense consisting of aimless dribbling, and completely failing to guard players whose only offensive weapon is an outside shot. Alabama has also gotten into the game through ample use of the Pat Summitt chuck-and-crash method.

I haven't watched until just this last minute, saw the score was close so assumed it be interesting lol

Thanks for the info

Most Alabama games under Curry are usually rough to watch

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I haven't watched until just this last minute, saw the score was close so assumed it be interesting lol
I started watching early in 4Q, and the Cowgirls watched their lead wither away with roughly the same level of interest with which one might watch paint dry. Uninspired would be putting it mildly.

Ha I do differentiate between a close game and a good game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford looking to run away early. Up 17-5 at the first media TO.

Hailey Jones look quicker and smoother to me than last year. She's had a couple breakaway layups where she just glides down the floor.

Brink hasn't come in yet, I'm looking forward to seeing her.

Reaction Score
Stanford off to a solid start. 17-5 with 4 to go in Q1,.

Reaction Score
I started watching early in 4Q, and the Cowgirls watched their lead wither away with roughly the same level of interest with which one might watch paint dry. Uninspired would be putting it mildly.

Ha I do differentiate between a close game and a good game.

A win is a win at this point I guess. Tbh I have seen a lot of sloppy play early this year watching so far (maybe outside of Louisville). Just work to get better and clean up each week. Alabama at least will be 4-0 with a decent road win. Got work to do but its a better start than quite a few other teams I know.

Reaction Score
Stanford looking to run away early. Up 17-5 at the first media TO.

Hailey Jones look quicker and smoother to me than last year. She's had a couple breakaway layups where she just glides down the floor.

Brink hasn't come in yet, I'm looking forward to seeing her.

Jones is looking great this year. I've been really enjoying watching her play so far, and as you said, she's just gliding all over the court.

Reaction Score
Watching UNLV vs Stanford. UNLV is terrible. I know Stanford can make teams look terrible, but UNLV is terrible on their own.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I can definitely say after watching partial or most of 20 games this season across a variety conferences, The #1 conference without a doubt is the PAC12. While I think the top teams in the ACC are better than the top teams in the Big10, I need to see few more of the bottom feeders to determine which of these two leagues is 2nd and which is 3rd. The Big12 and SEC are a distant 3rd/4th and the door is open for the BigEast to flex it's muscle to close the gap with those two leagues. But yeah, the rust/sloppiness is apparent for many teams and games. The question is can you see glimpses of greatness within and for the usual suspects you can.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Damn, looks like I can't get that network even clicking Plebe's link...:oops:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm not impressed with Stanford's play. If UNLV would hit their free throws this would a much closer game.

Reaction Score
Side note, former Miss St player Breamber Scott with a big game of 28 points and 6 rebounds as she led Little Rock to a 82-74 win over Vanderbilt

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watching UNLV vs Stanford. UNLV is terrible. I know Stanford can make teams look terrible, but UNLV is terrible on their own.

This is a glorified practice. Tara has gone 11 deep in the 1st quarter I think. Several starters have barely played. Brink came in and was subbed out again almost immediately. She probably doesn't want to embarrass her former player and assistant coach Lindy LaRoque. 'Furd could pick their score if they wanted to.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm not impressed with Stanford's play. If UNLV would hit their free throws this would a much closer game.

Since going up `11-0 they've been shuttling in just about every player on their roster.

Reaction Score
They started good but the last 5 minutes they were stagnant

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
They started good but the last 5 minutes they were stagnant
The Missy Barlow ticky tack foul special helps, too. She definitely knows how to slow that game pace down to molasses. ;)

Announcer said UNLV is the only D1 team in the country where over 90% of their players have no more than 1 season of college ball experience. Figures they'd display "growth opportunity" to put is gently... :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Must be a glorified practice because the refs aren't not calling 3 seconds in the lane on Stanford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom