Week 16 - Feb 19 to 25 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 16 - Feb 19 to 25 (games, conf standings, NET)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Cal beat Arizona St. 67-55. Bears are 6-9, will be their best conference finish in a long time.
Cal, like Stanford, benefited from an extremely unbalanced schedule.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Might it be said he has one foot in the Graves.
p456999_b_h8_ad.jpg

Reaction Score
Butler has won 5 games in the Big East? The new dude seems to be slowly building a program. They were absolutely awful a couple of years ago.
Seemed pretty good when they played UConn earlier. Was surprised when they started so poorly but I think they had the tougher teams early.

Reaction Score
Butler has won 5 games in the Big East? The new dude seems to be slowly building a program. They were absolutely awful a couple of years ago.
4 in a row including a win at Villanova!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
4 in a row including a win at Villanova!
Nova is currently demolishing Creighton, leading 21-8 with less than a minute to go in the first.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Nova is currently demolishing Creighton, leading 21-8 with less than a minute to go in the first.
23-10 at the end of the 1st quarter. Nova with 5 made 3s in the quarter.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
23-10 at the end of the 1st quarter. Nova with 5 made 3s in the quarter.
UConn plays them on Wednesday, if they beat Creighton I think they make the dance. They aren't expected to win against the Husky's but they should have no problems against DePaul at home.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cal, like Stanford, benefited from an extremely unbalanced schedule.
True, but they still had to win games, something they hadn't done much of in the previous 4 years. Smith's best conference mark previously was 4-14. They could still add 1 or 2 wins.

Plebe

Reaction Score
True, but they still had to win games, something they hadn't done much of in the previous 4 years. Smith's best conference mark previously was 4-14. They could still add 1 or 2 wins.
Yeah but who have they beaten? Four of their six wins have come against the Washington schools. The other two are over Oregon and Arizona State. Benefitting from other teams' disappointing and/or dismal performances.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UConn plays them on Wednesday, if they beat Creighton I think they make the dance. They aren't expected to win against the Husky's but they should have no problems against DePaul at home.

Even if they pull out a win today, im not sure nova deserves a bid. If they do get in, I hope Duke plays them in the opening round :D

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Start of the 4th quarter, Creighton up 54 - 45.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
With 3:49 eft in the game, Creighton leads 74 - 55.

Creighton has outscore Nova in the second half 41 - 22.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
WV-Baylor game showing streaming on Big12 or ESPN+. Anyone know if that translates to other providers?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
WV-Baylor game showing streaming on Big12 or ESPN+. Anyone know if that translates to other providers?
Not sure what your question is but if I understand you correctly, it means the game is only on ESPN+. Many Big12 games are on ESPN+ under the Big12/ESPN+ banner.
I have Hulu Live with the ESPN+ add on and many of the ESPN+ games are listed under the Sports heading. I just tuned in to the Princeton Columbia game.
The Baylor WVa game is also listed.
It's my understanding that you can watch it using the ESPN app but you also have to be an ESPN+ subscriber.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah but who have they beaten? Four of their six wins have come against the Washington schools. The other two are over Oregon and Arizona State. Benefitting from other teams' disappointing and/or dismal performances.
I'm still going with, they took advantage of the opportunity. In years past they weren't beating even the bad teams in the conference. I'm not lobbying for NCAA Tourney consideration for them. When you've been really down and out, you'll take any improvement you can.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Not sure what your question is but if I understand you correctly, it means the game is only on ESPN+. Many Big12 games are on ESPN+ under the Big12/ESPN+ banner.
I have Hulu Live with the ESPN+ add on and many of the ESPN+ games are listed under the Sports heading. I just tuned in to the Princeton Columbia game.
The Baylor WVa game is also listed.
Thanks. Yeah, I was vague on my request. Sometimes the local games show up as an extra channel on a network. I'm really trying not to sign up for yet another streaming service.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Columbia leading Princeton 19-13 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm still going with, they took advantage of the opportunity. In years past they weren't beating even the bad teams in the conference. I'm not lobbying for NCAA Tourney consideration for them. When you've been really down and out, you'll take any improvement you can.
No doubt they're improved over previous years. They're a bubble team. Not sure they'll make it but for sure they're in the mix.

Reaction Score
Columbia leading Princeton 19-13 at the end of the 1st quarter.
Traveling but otherwise would be at this game. Looks like packed house. These two teams have played some great games past two years. Like last year Princeton is maybe slightly better but Columbia can definitely win. Both I think are deserving of NCAA bids but Columbia probably has to win conference tourney. Seems like Princeton would still have good shot at at-large bid even if Columbia wins it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom