Week 16 - Feb 19 to 25 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Week 16 - Feb 19 to 25 (games, conf standings, NET)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some people honestly thought that UT-Chatt was gonna run through the SoCon undefeated this season. You wanna know who didn't think that? My Spartans of UNC-Greensboro trailed 46-37 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Spartans never give up and they outscored the Mocs 31-18 in the 4th to come up with the huge upset 68-64.

View attachment 96861

The real Spartans reside in Greensboro, not East Lansing.
Wait, what is with that mascot? Is it making puppy dog eyes? About to cry? Sorry, I think Sparty would take offense to this mascot even calling itself a Spartan.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wait, what is with that mascot? Is it making puppy dog eyes? About to cry? Sorry, I think Sparty would take offense to this mascot even calling itself a Spartan.

giphy.gif

I might need to ask my mother to bring this up at the next UNC-G alumni meeting... they do need a fiercer looking Spartan :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan has had to farm out coverage of his 72 teams, so I present :

I expected USC-Upstate to win today, and that they would have tied for the crown if we had lost our last two games and they won out. When I checked they were beating Winthrop in the second half. But i just checked and Winthrop pulled off the upset and dealt Upstate their 5th conference loss.

Regular Season Champs

#1 Seed in the Big South Tournament

The Tournament is being held at High Point.

panther-black-panther.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think you are too reliant on NET. Not long ago you were convinced Santa Clara was the second best team in the WCC because of NET. They are currently in 5th place.
:rolleyes:
Sometimes the jinx takes a while to land, but it's inexorable.

In lieu of an apology, I'll gladly accept a gift certificate for brisket at Pinkerton's :D

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:
Sometimes the jinx takes a while to land, but it's inexorable.

In lieu of an apology, I'll gladly accept a gift certificate for brisket at Pinkerton's :D
Dang it. Only cuz Portland took a dive w/ 3 straight losses. :eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Dang it. Only cuz Portland took a dive w/ 3 straight losses. :eek:
One of which was to Santa Clara. Another of which was to Gonzaga, whom Santa Clara had already played twice. And another because law of averages and regression to the mean.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Here was the brutal turnover by West Virginia which effectively gave Baylor the win. Quinerly fumbles the catch of the inbound pass and then compounds it by saving the ball back in bounds to the Baylor player. Oh well, at least my Coogs men's team put the frown on the Wacophytes' faces today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
One of which was to Santa Clara. Another of which was to Gonzaga, whom Santa Clara had already played twice. And another because law of averages and regression to the mean.
Gonzaga is up next (the losing streak will reach 4). The 3 Ls have been Pacific, Santa Clara and USF, all winnable games. At least they have a chance of winning their finale against LMU.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is up next (the losing streak will reach 4). The 3 Ls have been Pacific, Santa Clara and USF, all winnable games. At least they have a chance of winning their finale against LMU.
Who knows, maybe they'll shock the world and beat Gonzaga. That's one jinx that hasn't landed yet

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hey gang - almost forgot! Here's today's top 25 grid. The Iowa/Illinois game was added to FS1 after this past Monday's post.

On edit - we'll have at least one more top 25 loss (USC/Utah) to add to 11 that have already happened (WVA x2).

1708880201660.jpeg

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Interesting that the Virginia at Louisville game is not being broadcasted/streamed, the only ACC game not available.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hey gang - almost forgot! Here's today's top 25 grid. The Iowa/Illinois game was added to FS1 after this past Monday's post.

On edit - we'll have at least one more top 25 loss (USC/Utah) to add to 11 that have already happened (WVA x2).

View attachment 96889
UConn/Depaul is on CBS Sports Network.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
At the end of the 1st quarter, Virginia has the lead over Louisville, 16-15.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom