Week 1 preview (Nov. 9-14) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week 1 preview (Nov. 9-14)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Arizona beats Louisville by 2 in overtime.

In many ways a very typical Arizona win. Outstanding on defense, not great on offense but scored just enough to win.

Arizona is severely underranked in the AP preseason poll at #22. They were #14 in the Boneyard poll, and I had them at #12 on my Boneyard ballot (I had Louisville #9). So now I'll be moving Arizona ahead of both Louisville and Baylor.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score

In many ways a very typical Arizona win. Outstanding on defense, not great on offense but scored just enough to win.

Arizona is severely underranked in the AP preseason poll at #22. They were #14 in the Boneyard poll, and I had them at #12 on my Boneyard ballot (I had Louisville #9). So now I'll be moving Arizona ahead of both Louisville and Baylor.
I had Baylor #6, Louisville #10, Arizona #14. Louisville will definitely be dropping for me this week. Baylor may drop a few spots but I'm not sure who has proven they are actually better. Their game against FGCU will tell us a lot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Any news on Barrell . Horston looks like she is taking over (good and bad). Possible triple double (13 pts, 10 RB and 7 TO's) with 2 minutes left in 3Q although I imagine she woiuld be pulled so she does not get the ignoble award

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
TN lead cut to 4 after 3Q. 34-30 with an 8-0 run after 3Q.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

What was the range of Arizona in terms of the BY poll.... im too lazy to go back and look. I know that I had them #10

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Any news on Barrell . Horston looks like she is taking over (good and bad). Possible triple double (13 pts, 10 RB and 7 TO's) with 2 minutes left in 3Q although I imagine she woiuld be pulled so she does not get the ignoble award
She got her triple-double. 11 turnovers.

Tennessee had 28 turnovers for the game and scored 47 points. If UCF shot over 30% they might have won the game. I'm underwhelmed by the job Kellie is doing so far.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Tennessee had 28 turnovers for the game and scored 47 points. If UCF shot over 30% they might have won the game. I'm underwhelmed by the job Kellie is doing so far.
I watched the first 15 minutes on replay. Brutal, ugly basketball. I had to turn it off.

Reaction Score

Holly was a way better recruiter. Harper seems to have her teams playing gritty basketball but they also turn the ball over way too much and struggle so much offensively (similar to Holly teams but without the grit)

Reaction Score
Mississippi State was down 39-31 to South Dakota State at halftime and came back to win 76-71. R Jackson with 23. A Hayes with 14. J Jordan with 17 points and 11 rebounds. However Jordan was on the receiving end of several of M Taylor’s 7 assists.
Coach Novak did a great job making adjustments at halftime to include mixing up defenses in the second half. Most of the second half he played 6-0 freshman D Carter at post.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ye gads, I just watched the Minn- ASU game and Minnesota won in OT after they blew a big lead in the 4th. Both these teams are going to struggle this year as neither is very good.

Reaction Score

I have the solution! Steal Barnes from AZ and let her bring all her players via the transfer portal. There! Now Tennessee is good again and coached by the lady Tennessee fans said “I don’t consider her black”

Reaction Score
Holly was a way better recruiter. Harper seems to have her teams playing gritty basketball but they also turn the ball over way too much and struggle so much offensively (similar to Holly teams but without the grit)
They have no semblance of an offense.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever been more discouraged by a game than Washington's opener. And they even won. Nearly squandered a 16 point lead, barely scored in the 4th quarter, turned the ball over 36 times. I thought the dark ages were over and they were moving forward...but it looks like the same junk still.

Might have to consider this a lost season already. Just wait for them to purge the roster of all of Wynn's players and start the long rebuild.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever been more discouraged by a game than Washington's opener. And they even won. Nearly squandered a 16 point lead, barely scored in the 4th quarter, turned the ball over 36 times. I thought the dark ages were over and they were moving forward...but it looks like the same junk still.

Might have to consider this a lost season already. Just wait for them to purge the roster of all of Wynn's players and start the long rebuild.
Damn, and I thought UConn fans were bad about jumping to rash grand conclusions after just a single game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I watched the first 15 minutes on replay. Brutal, ugly basketball. I had to turn it off.
5 points by UCF in 2Q. Making their 9-point first quarter seem prolific by comparison.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I had Baylor #6, Louisville #10, Arizona #14. Louisville will definitely be dropping for me this week. Baylor may drop a few spots but I'm not sure who has proven they are actually better. Their game against FGCU will tell us a lot.
Baylor's game against FGCU? I thought Baylor was going to play Maryland. It's LSU that's about to play FGCU.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Baylor's game against FGCU? I thought Baylor was going to play Maryland. It's LSU that's about to play FGCU.
Yikes, I'm getting my Kim Mulkey programs mixed up :confused::confused::confused: basketball overload
thanks for the correction!

Reaction Score
Mississippi State was down 39-31 to South Dakota State at halftime and came back to win 76-71. R Jackson with 23. A Hayes with 14. J Jordan with 17 points and 11 rebounds. However Jordan was on the receiving end of several of M Taylor’s 7 assists.
Coach Novak did a great job making adjustments at halftime to include mixing up defenses in the second half. Most of the second half he played 6-0 freshman D Carter at post.
Watched the game. Really impressed byCoach Novak, he is involved and motivating. I especially was impressed by the calm demeanor he displayed even when the team play was not going well. MSST team chemistry between the coach and players is a pleasant surprise. My major concern is the lack of size hopefully J Carter will rejoin the team soon in decent shape and can blend in without disruptIng the team chemistry.

Reaction Score
5 points by UCF in 2Q. Making their 9-point first quarter seem prolific by comparison.
It was ugly all around. Glad they kept it close despite being ice cold. The final 45 seconds were really weird too. UCF cut it to 5 after a technical on Tennessee and then our point guard took an ugly three immediately after the in bounds (which was odd) and it took the refs over 20 seconds to call a foul despite several attempts.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It was a good win for Tennessee. Playing with the best player. The defense was good. Harper said in postgame that Miles effects the game with defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom