Week 1 preview (Nov. 9-14) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 1 preview (Nov. 9-14)

Reaction Score
Westbeld is racking up the rebounds for ND, 16 and still in Q3.
Yeah, she's a beast on the boards. W. Illinois has no one who can keep her from getting position down low. I'm not sure what ND will do when they play a team with height. They've been living within 5 ft of the basket this game this game.

Reaction Score
Belmont up 28-13 over Ole Miss, halfway through the second quarter.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss is down 28-13 to Belmont, midway through the second quarter.

Belmont upset Gonzaga in last year’s tourney and has a really under the radar player in Destinee Wells.

Auburn also struggling with Georgia Southern, leading 22-20.

Reaction Score
Georgia looks great. They have most of their key players back, and they look very athletic, and play like a team that is in mid-season form. I won't be surprised if Georgia is ranked in TOP 10 in February, 2022.

Texas A&M also looks sharp.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ole Miss is down 28-13 to Belmont, midway through the second quarter.

Belmont upset Gonzaga in last year’s tourney and has a really under the radar player in Destinee Wells.

Auburn also struggling with Georgia Southern, leading 22-20.
Coach Yo....

Auburn I am not shocked struggling. Auburn was awful last year and then lost Unique Thompson on top of it.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Much better 3rd quarter from ND and then took the foot off the gas again in the 4th.

Brunelle spent much of the second half on an exercise bike. Not sure what was going on there.

Westbeld had a quiet 15 and 18 if such a thing exists. Miles was probably the best player for ND tonight with 16p, 11r, 6a.

I continue to think ND looks better with Citron on the floor even despite having minimal offensive impact tonight.

Reaction Score
Belmont putting a beat down on Ole Miss, up 52-36 near the end of the third quarter

Reaction Score
Gonzaga handling their business up 14 on Montana State. 31-17

Also...huge shout to the WCC and their streaming services! Whoever you guys go through or whatever you guys are doing, keep it up. Mid-major showing some of these P5 conferences how to stream some games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gonzaga handling their business up 14 on Montana State. 31-17

Also...huge shout to the WCC and their streaming services! Whoever you guys go through or whatever you guys are doing, keep it up. Mid-major showing some of these P5 conferences how to stream some games.
WCC streaming used to have some issues, but agreed this is a very nice production.

Ejim looks like she's at the head of the line to be the next star at GU.

Reaction Score
Only top 25 team to lose so far is NCSt, but that of course was to #1 SC.

Tho Michigan and Tenn came close.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ole Miss loses at home to Belmont, 62-50.

SEC, y'all.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is playing Montana St. Looked at MSU's roster, their associate head coach is Sunny Smallwood. Wow has she been around. Been an assistant at most of the schools out West it seems like. I remember her stint with Washington, that's been a few years ago.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Hopefully LSU doesnt embarrass themselves verses FGCU this Sunday :)
Watch out for this one
1636686277957.jpeg

Reaction Score
People may disagree with me but I have not drank the Kentucky koolaid for a while. Sure they have some good players but they always look so discombobulated and play down to their opponents most of the time.
Agree 100%.

Georgia is much better

Reaction Score
Belmont one of the best mid-majors in WBB for a while. NCAAT appearances 5 of the last 6 seasons. Ranked #4 in that mid-major poll posted here earlier by someone. Not really an upset for them to defeat Ole Miss.

Reaction Score
Much better 3rd quarter from ND and then took the foot off the gas again in the 4th.

Brunelle spent much of the second half on an exercise bike. Not sure what was going on there.

Westbeld had a quiet 15 and 18 if such a thing exists. Miles was probably the best player for ND tonight with 16p, 11r, 6a.

I continue to think ND looks better with Citron on the floor even despite having minimal offensive impact tonight.
If Olivia Miles keeps playing like this she’ll definitely be in the running for FOY. She’s been impressive since last spring. I know it’s early and I’m interested to see what other freshman will stand out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Now the curse of WCC streaming strikes. Had to quit. Game is in mop up time and it's freezing constantly. Zags D is way ahead of their O. The Truongs, Kempton and Ejim looked good, not a lot of production from everybody else.

Reaction Score
Recording a couple good games to watch tomorrow, as I will be courtside at Gill Coliseum for the Oregon State home opener today...GO BEAVS!

Arizona vs Louisville & South Carolina vs South Dakota State. Wish I could record the Tennessee game but not an option for me.

So happy to be able to see WCBB "live" again.

Reaction Score
Recording a couple good games to watch tomorrow, as I will be courtside at Gill Coliseum for the Oregon State home opener today...GO BEAVS!

Arizona vs Louisville & South Carolina vs South Dakota State. Wish I could record the Tennessee game but not an option for me.

So happy to be able to see WCBB "live" again.
#6 Louisville will plan #22 Arizona at 1:30 PM PT (4:30 PM ET) today.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Belmont one of the best mid-majors in WBB for a while. NCAAT appearances 5 of the last 6 seasons. Ranked #4 in that mid-major poll posted here earlier by someone. Not really an upset for them to defeat Ole Miss.
I went back and watched the first half of this game, and Belmont's ball movement and situational awareness on offense was remarkable, doubly so because it's the season opener. There's a reason they put away Gonzaga with relative ease last year in the NCAAT.

I'm also remembering how UCF traveled to Belmont for an early season game a couple years ago and got completely blown off the court because Belmont could not miss from 3.

Ole Miss was Ole Mess, to be sure. For a team that nearly got an NCAAT at-large bid, reached the WNIT final, and returned all 5 starters, they should've looked better.

Reaction Score
I went back and watched the first half of this game, and Belmont's ball movement and situational awareness on offense was remarkable, doubly so because it's the season opener. There's a reason they put away Gonzaga with relative ease last year in the NCAAT.

I'm also remembering how UCF traveled to Belmont for an early season game a couple years ago and got completely blown off the court because Belmont could not miss from 3.

Ole Miss was Ole Mess, to be sure. For a team that nearly got an NCAAT at-large bid, reached the WNIT final, and returned all 5 starters, they should've looked better.
Belmont has the return game to UCF in a little over a week. It is one of many interesting games for UCF this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
#6 Louisville will plan #22 Arizona at 1:30 PM PT (4:30 PM ET) today.
It's on ESPNU. Game starting now. I'll be in the Chat for this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom