We need a point guard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We need a point guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I figured some dofus would say SH wins with Richmond. Congrats on being the 1st.

lol….go pound sand.

This site is way too easy to find - brings in way too many morons like this oaf who gets his undies in a wad when someone doesn’t wave their pom poms after every game.

Just go away.

Reaction Score
lol….go pound sand.

This site is way too easy to find - brings in way too many morons like this oaf who gets his undies in a wad when someone doesn’t wave their pom poms after every game.

Just go away.
Oh did I hurt your feelings?

You lost your fastball years ago, now you're just a grumpy old man who thinks he is witty but is more laughed at than with.

Reaction Score
I am stunned that someone built a team without a point guard and thought it would work. And that he thinks he can do it again next year.

If Seton Hall doesn’t lose KR in the first half, we’re 0-2 against Seton Hall this year - we can only score against them in spurts and when they start to pressure our offense, we simply fall apart. We had Sanogo out there at the end trying to run the offense.

That was just ugly.
That's about the most empty feeling I've had about a win. The season is almost over and Hurley still hasn't found our best lineup/hasn't found a way to play our best players together.

And yes Hurley is nuts if he thinks going into next season with just Castle and Diarra as our point guards is a good idea.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
WTH does that have to do with him being a pg
I think he means having the kind of PG that can take us overthetop. Cole was more of a combo guard if anything too.

Reaction Score
I think he means having the kind of PG that can take us overthetop. Cole was more of a combo guard if anything too.
Someone who can run the offense and get around the corner. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

You actually need 2 point guards, not just 1.

You can really see in the recruiting that it's not working. Diggins and Gaffney did not and could not do either of these things. It's gotta be a matter of priorities.

Reaction Score
lol….go pound sand.

Just go away.
For a 5 game stretch, Newton played as well as anyone in the Big East and I didn’t hear anyone say we don’t have a point guard. Last game, they took away Newton due to the way they defended him…..and this game Diarra just was playing better.

And now we don’t have a point guard….to make that statement does stink….I agree.

Reaction Score
lol….go pound sand.

Just go away.
But on the flip, all of our wins you give basically no credit yet you pile on after every loss. Interesting mindset.

4 years ago this team was under .500 in the AAC. They obviously need to win in the tourney and if we don’t everyone will be mad and there will be no pom poms.

But it boggles my mind how anyone can be that disappointed with where we are right now

Reaction Score
Someone who can run the offense and get around the corner. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

You actually need 2 point guards, not just 1.

You can really see in the recruiting that it's not working. Diggins and Gaffney did not and could not do either of these things. It's gotta be a matter of priorities.
I don’t actually disagree with anything you said here. I just think we’ve had pgs, just not any who could consistently get into the paint

Reaction Score
18 tos and 18% shooting from 3. We aren’t going very far with that.
It’s one game.

Team is weak at point guard. Newton isn’t as consistent as Hurley expected. Diarra was best option today IMO.

Jackson should be PG because he is the only one who isn’t guarded in the half court. Lol. Let him start the offense .

But, I am not doom and gloom. They aren’t as good as No. 2 in the country, but they are also much better than last years team.

I think they are a low 3 seed when all is said and done. Anything after sweet 16 is gravy.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
lol….go pound sand.

Just go away.
You’re coming off as they guy who has his panties stuffed into his hole here. If you don’t start a thread to explain how we really lost a game we won you’re a pom pom waver by default? Lazy, miserable take. Enjoy seething all next year if we ever accidentally win a game then too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I am stunned that someone built a team without a point guard and thought it would work. And that he thinks he can do it again next year.

If Seton Hall doesn’t lose KR in the first half, we’re 0-2 against Seton Hall this year - we can only score against them in spurts and when they start to pressure our offense, we simply fall apart. We had Sanogo out there at the end trying to run the offense.

That was just ugly.
Finally.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Game wasn't even competitive down the stretch, until we stopped playing in the. last two minutes

Keep playing, don't take the air out if the ball, it's a laugher

Nobody is changing that

Reaction Score
Newton is the PG period. He has been very up and down. The high end success of this team depends on him playing well. This was a rare game that we won with both him not playing well and Hawkins not shooting it well.

Reaction Score
I disagree. There are few “pure pgs” at any level of basketball. They’re all combo guards

Yeah. Most nba point guards are combo guards. You have to be able to play I. And off the ball u less you have skills like Chris Paul.

Newton is the only combo guard on this roster. But, Newton doesn’t score at all off ball and didn’t make an impact offensiey off ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom