We need a new coach | The Boneyard

We need a new coach

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There’s no longer any argument against firing Kevin Ollie - at least not one that makes any sense.

We’re legitimately a bottom-third team in the American. There’s no excuse for that. People want to go to the Big East? As presently constituted, there isn’t a team in that conference we’d be favored to beat. If we were lucky, we’d steal wins at home against DePaul and maybe St. John’s.

The program is a farrago of misery and it’s all a direct result of the head coach’s incompetence or neglect or a combination of the two...

Recruiting - bad.
Player development - bad.
On court success - bad.
Off court avoidance of the NCAA - bad.
Public perception - bad.

A Tulsa writer punked the program today and people got their undies in a knot over it - if anything, the guy pulled his punches. Tulsa is something like 5-2 against us. Frank Haith is not a good head coach, but he’ll beat Kevin Ollie with Tulsa’s players and if you switched teams, he’ll beat Kevin Ollie again with UConn’s players.

He’s just a bad head coach and he’s a bad program manager - if it weren’t for the poison pill of a contract we have with him, there’d be no question Ollie would be fired at the end of the season. None.

Even so, he’s gotta go.

Reaction Score
We all know Ollie must go. Some of us had already been calling for this last year. Fishy are you asking for Ollie's head before the season is over? I'm with you on it as this is a total embarrassment to the game of basketball and the UCONN brand.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
He is staying next year. Oh well lol.

Reaction Score
We got spoiled JC's teams found a way to win at the end KO's teams find a way to lose. It is so hard to watch.

Reaction Score
No - that sort of thing is reserved for some sort of malfeasance.

I don’t want him humiliated, I just want the program to move on from something that clearly is not working.
Yes, if he can agree on a lesser buyout and save face for his alma matter that would at least show he cares about are future. You have to think by now he realizes he isn't the right man to lead them forward. He needs a talk with Mike Davis and understand sometimes you are just over your head.

Reaction Score
I watched possession after possession with the ball being passed around the perimeter with no effort to engage our bigs by passing it to them in the paint or foul line. I saw contested 3s hoisted one after another (bad shots at that) with no effort to either take a better shot, find an open man, or run a semblance of offense.

With that said I watched a coach that allowed it to happen time and time again, as if selfish play, hoisting 3s whenever and wherever the player want and ignoring our bigs was acceptable. Not one attempt to correct the occurrences or discipline the player(s) who were doing their own thing.

Then you have Jalen shooting numerous circus shots, Larrier looking to get his when he can and Vital thinking he's an All American, its like the players are running the team and the Coaches are invisible.

To watch this putrid of an offense is very painful, even worse to watch a Coach just clap (as if encouraging) after every bad play is terrifying and disgusting. Why would a big man (i.e. recruit) even want to come here?

Sure our personnel is not that good, but we appear Coach less for sure. This is the first season I have never cheered when watching our team, its like I'm more of an engaged spectator without the 'feel good'.

Last edited:

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I really have to wonder if the apologists are going to keep it up after this one. Not just here, but more importantly in terms of boosters, etc.

Last year we had the worst season that most of us can remember, and instead of showing some meager steps in the right direction we are following it up with an even more pathetic showing. There is no argument left in support of keeping him, unless you think loyalty to “the family” is worth this torture.

Reaction Score
No - that sort of thing is reserved for some sort of malfeasance.

I don’t want him humiliated, I just want the program to move on from something that clearly is not working.
And whoever negotiated for the state to be tarred and feathered, then dragged through Hartford after the women’s NC parade.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Guys...at the end of the day... it's just a scalitoing game. Sheesh

Reaction Score
Guys...at the end of the day... it's just a scalitoing game. Sheesh
These are not just games, they are 2 1/2 hours of our time that we can't recoup. Its not entertainment or educational, its one bad movie after another that we continue to watch with no benefit or enjoyment.

Its not so bad if you are young but for us older folks its basically precious 'time wasted'.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There’s no longer any argument against firing Kevin Ollie - at least not one that makes any sense.

We’re legitimately a bottom-third team in the American. There’s no excuse for that. People want to go to the Big East? As presently constituted, there isn’t a team in that conference we’d be favored to beat. If we were lucky, we’d steal wins at home against Depaul and maybe St. John’s.

The program is a farrago of misery and it’s all a direct result of the head coach’s incompetence or neglect or a combination of the two...

Recruiting - bad.
On court success - bad.
Public perception - bad.

A Tulsa writer punked the program today and people got their undies in a knot over it - if anything, the guy pulled his punches. Tulsa is something like 5-2 against us. Frank Haith is not a good head coach, but he’ll beat Kevin Ollie with Tulsa’s players and if you switched teams, he’d beat Kevin Ollie again with UConn’s players.

He’s just a bad head coach and he’s a bad program manager - if it weren’t for the poison pill of a contract we have with him, there’d be no question Ollie would be fired at the end of the season. None.

Even so, he’s gotta go.
I've got no rebuttal.
Mark the date. It's a first.
I've got no rebuttal. You are right.

Reaction Score
Really hope that Danny Hurley would like to coach us even though the American isnt a “P5” I think he can turn things around relatively quickly

Reaction Score

We’re legitimately a bottom-third team in the American. There’s no excuse for that. People want to go to the Big East? As presently constituted, there isn’t a team in that conference we’d be favored to beat. If we were lucky, we’d steal wins at home against Depaul and maybe St. John’s.

Recruiting - bad.
On court success - bad.
Public perception - bad.

A Tulsa writer punked the program today and people got their undies in a knot over it - if anything, the guy pulled his punches. Tulsa is something like 5-2 against us. Frank Haith is not a good head coach, but he’ll beat Kevin Ollie with Tulsa’s players and if you switched teams, he’d beat Kevin Ollie again with UConn’s players.

Even so, he’s gotta go.
There already is no question, he was done before tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom