Warde to Michigan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Warde to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that he can be pretty satisfied in what he has accomplished here after the abortion that Hathaway left him. I would imagine that he will have some pull for us getting in the big. It would be a real coup for him to accomplish that considering that he would add a program that he built from scratch.

Reaction Score
I think that he can be pretty satisfied in what he has accomplished here after the abortion that Hathaway left him. I would imagine that he will have some pull for us getting in the big. It would be a real coup for him to accomplish that considering that he would add a program that he built from scratch.

lolwut

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Thank you to the dude who deleted that Courant post.

Reaction Score
Good for Warde. He'll be happy at his alma mater and it allows a new AD to come in and give UConn a chance to play in a conference that doesn't suck.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You never know though. ADimeBack.com recently published a list of names that UConn should consider for AD, and Hathaway's name did come up.

Whoever wrote that needs to lay off the crack rock. Not happening in a million years.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Warde. He was only +++ for UConn and our relationship with him will continue to be a +++. Susan will name a closely held interim and she's surely been searching for the new AD for weeks. She is 95% of what matters in CR and considering she won with Warde, I expect nothing but a successful hire as AD, regardless of who BYers want.;)

Reaction Score
Good for Warde.

Now UConn has got to act like this is a desirable job and not think small time. A nationwide search for the best candidate should leave no stone unturned. This is an athletic department filled with national champions. Act like it.

Reaction Score
Get a kick from the posts about doughnuts and food in relation to Warde Manual. Here's my take on that - I am sure I'd rather spend a night at a bar talking sports with Warde than the shallow d**ks who write such ignorant BS.;)

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He does not have to monitor from the beach anymore. He's made it.
He was a so so AD. That is all. He fell into Hockey, had his hand forced on Ollie ( thank God on that) and really, what did he convey to us about being shipwrecked in the shatshow AAC other than to tell us to win games? Buh Bye

Reaction Score
Get a kick from the posts about doughnuts and food in relation to Warde Manual. Here's my take on that - I am sure I'd rather spend a night at a bar talking sports with Warde than the shallow d**ks who write such ignorant BS.;)

I fear he will have to fight off the police for the donuts in Mich.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I HATE HIM....but,I could care less really.

Reaction Score
He does not have to monitor from the beach anymore. He's made it.
He was a so so AD. That is all. He fell into Hockey, had his hand forced on Ollie ( thank God on that) and really, what did he convey to us about being shipwrecked in the shatshow AAC other than to tell us to win games? Buh Bye
"Warde gets no credit for the good things that happened while he's here, but I have no problem blaming him for the bad stuff that was outta his control."

I always get a kick out of these clown posts.

Reaction Score
"Warde gets no credit for the good things that happened while he's here, but I have no problem blaming him for the bad stuff that was outta his control."

I always get a kick out of these clown posts.

It's unreal how someone can be so disconnected from reality. I wonder how he holds down a full time job.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
A message from Herbst:

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/genrel/012916aad.html

"
A MESSAGE FROM UCONN PRESIDENT SUSAN HERBST
Search committee named; Rachel Rubin to serve as interim AD.

UCONNHUSKIESDOTCOM
Jan. 29, 2016
Dear Colleagues and Friends,

The only downside to hiring fine leaders for key positions at UConn is that their experience and skills are sought after by other institutions across the nation, who also want to hire strong leaders.

When Warde Manuel, our Athletic Director since 2012, told me he was interested in the AD position at the University of Michigan, I was not at all surprised; Michigan is his alma mater where he spent years of his life as a student-athlete, playing football for Bo Schembechler, participating in track and field, and earning his degrees, later becoming assistant and associate AD there.

I was also not surprised when he was recently named to the position; Warde is a terrific AD and any university would be lucky to have him. While we are sorry to lose him at UConn, we also understand how much the position at Michigan means to him and we wish him all the best.

Warde is expected to begin at Michigan in March. Rachel Rubin, who began her career at UConn as an Associate Athletic Director and is currently Chief of Staff in my office, will serve as interim AD.

We will begin a national search for a permanent successor immediately. I have appointed a committee to lead this search. They will serve in a critically important advisory capacity as we move through the process and I ultimately appoint our next AD.

The members of the committee are:

* Andy Bessette ('75) UConn Board of Trustees
* Scott Brown, UConn Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor of Educational Psychology, NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative
* Andrea Dennis-LaVigne ('03), UConn Board of Trustees (Committee Chair)
* Doug Elliot ('82), President of The Hartford
* Thomas Ritter (Law '77) UConn Board of Trustees
* Rachel Rubin ('77), Chief of Staff to the President & Executive Secretary to the Board of Trustees
* Nancy Stevens, Head Coach, UConn Field Hockey I look forward to a thorough and efficient search process.

Please join me in thanking Warde for his outstanding service to UConn and in wishing him all the best.

Sincerely,

Susan Herbst
"

Reaction Score
Thank you Warde. "UCONN deserves to be in a P5 conference." For you to say it as the UM AD. For others to hear it. It's more than what most has done. Here's hoping that still in you're own way, you continue to lend your voice towards this goal.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Warde tells everyone UConn should be in a P5 conference. Between 1:45 and 2:30 into the video.

I wish this didn't make me like him, because he's already gone.

Reaction Score
Thank you Warde. "UCONN deserves to be in a P5 conference." For you to say it as the UM AD. For others to hear it. It's more than what most has done. Here's hoping that still in you're own way, you continue to lend your voice towards this goal.
It was right after he thanked DeFillippo for that final kick in UConn's nads.

Reaction Score
Warde tells everyone UConn should be in a P5 conference. Between 1:45 and 2:30 into the video.

That was a nice touch, I can't really hate him now. Maybe he gives us a push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom