Warde to Michigan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warde to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would this have some effect on KO's escape clause if he leaves for another job? I thought that was a condition of his new contract that Warde or Suzy leaving will lower his payout?

He could leave for an NBA job without a buyout after this season now. I don't think that's going to be an issue. Ollie has a ton of value as a HC right now, but it appears that most of that value is in recruiting, which isn't something that matters in the NBA. I don't think anybody is about to offer him $3mm+ to leave UConn right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One of the only positives that can come of this is NO MORE duck_KING DONUT JOKES!!!!

Can "20 minutes" and the "Dumb and Dumber" gif be retired too?
No. I'm shocked that you would even suggest it.

If you really believe that this ends the donuts/pina colada memes, you are an idealistic dreamer, my friend.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Absolutely. In 20 minutes.
So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-A-Chance-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No. I'm shocked that you would even suggest it.

If you really believe that this ends the donuts/pina colada memes, you are an idealistic dreamer, my friend.
I have a lot of problem with that and I will not hold back until next December 23rd.

Reaction Score
Tough to see him go, wishing him well at Michigan. And if he can play a part in influencing the B1G to add UConn, yeah, that would be good.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Guys OMG hahaha that donut joke is so funny!!!11!1! :p teehee u guys rok so much thx for mking me laugh!1!

Good lord ....

Anyway, this kind of sucks - Warde has done pretty darn well here considering the absolute hot garbage of a job Hathaway did before he hopped out. Will be interested to see who comes in next.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
mark blaudschun ‏@blauds 9m9 minutes ago
Michigan chooses UConn's Manuel as its next AD...ajerseyguy.com

There will probably be mixed opinions on Warde mostly due to CR, which may have been completely out of his control. I for one appreciate what he did for the university in a short period of time. Got the BBall facility completed, Hockey moved to Hockey East, hired Bob Diaco, and helped improve the academics of the basketball program.

I still can't figure out what people expected him to do with conference realignment. It's a certainty he was talking to all and sundry behind the scenes. He's just an AD, a relatively new and not all that powerful one at that, and there are far more people (higher ups) involved in this thing than that.

The only thing would be to come out publicly swinging I guess, though I highly doubt that does anything. It would only hurt our standing with new conference members.

Reaction Score
One of the only positives that can come of this is NO MORE duck_KING DONUT JOKES!!!!

Can "20 minutes" and the "Dumb and Dumber" gif be retired too?

I'd wait until we know who Warde's replacement is before saying the donut jokes should be retired. We could see the AD equivalent of Mangino replacing Friedgen.
;)

Reaction Score
He could leave for an NBA job without a buyout after this season now. I don't think that's going to be an issue. Ollie has a ton of value as a HC right now, but it appears that most of that value is in recruiting, which isn't something that matters in the NBA. I don't think anybody is about to offer him $3mm+ to leave UConn right now.
Season's not over yet. If we go on a run to the Final 4 - and I'm not saying that's likely, but it's certainly possible if we keep playing defense like this - then he'll be the hot name again.

And recruiting will be a huge part of his job, because he'd get hired by the Wizards with the expectation that he could lure Durant. That's the team I'm most afraid of.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I still can't figure out what people expected him to do with conference realignment. It's a certainty he was talking to all and sundry behind the scenes.
I think he was "monitoring" while Jurich was pwning.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Season's not over yet. If we go on a run to the Final 4 - and I'm not saying that's likely, but it's certainly possible if we keep playing defense like this - then he'll be the hot name again.

And recruiting will be a huge part of his job, because he'd get hired by the Wizards with the expectation that he could lure Durant. That's the team I'm most afraid of.
If UConn goes on another run like that, he gets a raise and extension.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The hockey thing was/is inevitable - not sure he had a hell of a lot to take a bow for.
I hope UConn has a plan in place for a quick replacement - someone who is very visable and dynamic
As far as CR - if UConn didn't get him out of the bowels of Buffalo and in a high profile school he wouldn't be at Michagan, alumni or not alumni. So, realizing that, I am sure he will help in any way he can if a vote comes his way.
I am neutral on him - i really don't see much real benefits while he was here and unlike Hathaway, no real negatives. He did the job - thats it.
Time to move on to someone with a personality and dynamics.

Reaction Score
Warde always seemed like a good guy to me. Had the chance to talk with briefly one time before a game at the XL and he was very down to earth. Its true that if UConn was in bad shape, he wouldnt be a serious candidate for a power 5 school let alone Michigan. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I dont think he was trying to jump on the first train out of town that was heading for greener pastures. The fact it was Michigan this time (his alma mater) pretty much sealed the deal.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people will disagree, but I dont think he was trying to jump on the first train out of town that was heading for greener pastures. The fact it was Michigan this time (his alma mater) pretty much sealed the deal.

What Warde says himself is much less important than the narrative in the media. We need the story to be "Warde takes a dream job at his alma mater" and not "Warde abandons small-time UConn for a shot with the big boys".

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I guess he really is a rock star. Happy he cut his teeth here. Hoping he can help in some way as a reference.

Warde no longer runs on Dunkin.
Warde ran on Starbucks, saw him leaving one in Manchester about a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom