Warde to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
mark blaudschun ‏@blauds 9m9 minutes ago
Michigan chooses UConn's Manuel as its next AD...ajerseyguy.com

There will probably be mixed opinions on Warde mostly due to CR, which may have been completely out of his control. I for one appreciate what he did for the university in a short period of time. Got the BBall facility completed, Hockey moved to Hockey East, hired Bob Diaco, and helped improve the academics of the basketball program.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this helps, hurts or does nothing to advance our CR case.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ward will have inside info and opinions of UConn to offer those in the B1G might ask. The content is dependent on what Warden really thinks of his time here.

We assume it's positive, but we really can't know. Not sure UCONN really knows.

I'll accept whomever Susan picks. I don't need to vet candidates, she's shown that she knows what she is doing in this area.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Have to think that Sean Frazier is the strong favorite to get the job. I would think it will be a quick hiring process and most of the legwork has already been done on UConn's end.

Reaction Score
Hope they have good donut shops near campus.
Blauds clearly has someone inside UConn feeding him stuff over the past six months and probably more.
I'm betting it's pretty official

Reaction Score
I'm pissed, we're losing a big time Hollywood connection with Warde. Actor Anthony Mackie was talking about his support for UConn basketball on some late night talk show during the 2014 run, said he was like childhood friends with Warde and tried to keep up with UConn hoops as a result. Can't be bad to have the falcon on your side

Reaction Score
Warde should be praised for what he was able to do in his time here between elevating our hockey program and building facilities. Our conference has nothing to do with his decisions.

I hope the right choice for our next AD is Frazier, because that would mean there's belief we have a legitimate shot at the B1G.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Warde did a lot of great things and a lot of eh things. He's a Michigan man and this is his dream job so it's hard to fault him. We should get the guy from Hofstra, can't remember his name. Either way, I hope this doesnt hurt us in CR.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Blauds clearly has someone inside UConn feeding him stuff over the past six months and probably more.
This was meant in response to UConnTrumbull not the donut comment!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I guess he really is a rock star. Happy he cut his teeth here. Hoping he can help in some way as a reference.

Warde no longer runs on Dunkin.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yes, its all a very clever plan by Susan.

Warde gets nice recommendation(s) from UConn and returns the favor by helping to initiate UConn invite to B1G.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Assuming he just scooped the Horde, shame on them. But not surprising. Somebody wake up Jacobs and tell him we are still in the AAC.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Would this have some effect on KO's escape clause if he leaves for another job? I thought that was a condition of his new contract that Warde or Suzy leaving will lower his payout?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Did Jim Harbaugh have to approve of him?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ward will have inside info and opinions of UConn to offer those in the B1G might ask. The content is dependent on what Warden really thinks of his time here.

We assume it's positive, but we really can't know. Not sure UCONN really knows.

I'll accept whomever Susan picks. I don't need to vet candidates, she's shown that she knows what she is doing in this area.
If UConn was a complete fuster cluck, they wouldn't be interested in Warde. So to that extent, Manuel's move is a confirmation of UConn's Athletic Department. That said, we'll have to have a good hire to keep that impression current after his move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog