Walking Dead Season 8 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 8

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I am surprised at how much I enjoyed Fear The Walking Dead as the series went on. It was a tough start.

Looking forward to Sunday.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I somewhat hate myself for allowing myself to be sucked in for another season. It's like ignoring the sunk cost rule of finance.

I do, however, have mucho respect for Chris Hartwick. I was watching a Green Room episode with Hartwick, who more than held his own against Eddie Izzard and Jimmy Carr. Dude may be the hardest working man in show business. Loved "The Wall" game show.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I somewhat hate myself for allowing myself to be sucked in for another season. It's like ignoring the sunk cost rule of finance.

I do, however, have mucho respect for Chris Hartwick. I was watching a Green Room episode with Hartwick, who more than held his own against Eddie Izzard and Jimmy Carr. Dude may be the hardest working man in show business. Loved "The Wall" game show.
He's kind of like a down to earth Ryan Seacrest.

Reaction Score
Off to an okay start, but I wish it were a 2 hour episode because I'm really confused by the time line. I assume it's been a few weeks or months considering everyone is healed and the planning that was done, so then:

1) Why weren't there more soldiers from the Kingdom, Alexandria and Hilltop? That was a relatively small group that went to Negan's house, even assuming that they left some soldiers behind.

2) Why didn't Negan seem to have more soldiers on his home front? Dwight sent some of his hotshots out, but that's it?

3) How come Darrel can stick an arrow in a motorcycle tire from a 100 yards (let alone shooting the explosives on a moving motorcycle), yet nobody in Rick's group can put a bullet in an exposed Negan. The guy was standing right in front of them. They shot off thousands of rounds, but only Rick is aiming at Negan? Are they all trained by Star Wars storm troopers, or A team characters?

4) Weren't they running short on ammunition? Maybe it was only Alexandria and the Kingdom has a huge cache, but they certainly seemed to waste a lot in shooting up the Saviorville windows.

5) Is Maggie ever going to look remotely pregnant?

I'm sure there will be answers to 1, 2 and 4, but I think some if it is just sloppy or easy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Spend most of season two trying to find ammunition. Lose it all in the last episode.

Come back the following season with more weaponry than the Army. Welcome to The Walking Dead!

Not being able to shoot the main bad guy is an art in the movies. Every one of his soldiers will be killed by a bullet or an arrow, but the head guy has to die in some special fashion. And I’m sure the comparatively small number of soldiers on both sides was a conscious decision to keep costs down.

Not a bad episode. Not a great episode.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
3) How come Darrel can stick an arrow in a motorcycle tire from a 100 yards (let alone shooting the explosives on a moving motorcycle), yet nobody in Rick's group can put a bullet in an exposed Negan. The guy was standing right in front of them. They shot off thousands of rounds, but only Rick is aiming at Negan? Are they all trained by Star Wars storm troopers, or A team characters?

Did they get any of the five/six who were standing out there? Didn't seem so.

I was lost for much of it. Not sure what the hell was happening in the scenes with Rick with a beard, or when his eyes were red. Or how sending Carl out with a gas tank to siphon from cars that have been idled for years manages to acquire enough viable gasoline for a military convoy...

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

That scene where Daryl and Dwight shot the arrow back and forth was so ridiculous. He was standing calmly behind a wooden pallet as the dude shot the arrow back at him. Guess they have a lot of faith in each other's arrow shooting skills. LOL.

RtUjEyx.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Those rally speeches were cringe-worthy.

Where are all the women from GirlTown? I am imagining they will come out of nowhere to kill Saviours.

Overall I liked the episode. Everything went too well for the good guys, tho. Gabriel is in a pickle, tho.

Strange how Negan yells "We are going to War!!!" and then gets rolled up on like that. Are the Saviours inside that building? Or already dispatched?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Off to an okay start, but I wish it were a 2 hour episode because I'm really confused by the time line. I assume it's been a few weeks or months considering everyone is healed and the planning that was done, so then:

1) Why weren't there more soldiers from the Kingdom, Alexandria and Hilltop? That was a relatively small group that went to Negan's house, even assuming that they left some soldiers behind.

The plan was to give them a chance to give up...sow division among his soldiers, while actually leading a huge army of walkers to do the real fighting.

2) Why didn't Negan seem to have more soldiers on his home front? Dwight sent some of his hotshots out, but that's it?

Extras are expensive.

Anyone with a scoped rifle could have killed Negan from Rick's position and two people could have taken out his #2. But then the season would be over in the first episode.

4) Weren't they running short on ammunition? Maybe it was only Alexandria and the Kingdom has a huge cache, but they certainly seemed to waste a lot in shooting up the Saviorville windows.

Kingdom did have a sizable armory. They were just unwilling to use it. But again, TV is stupid.

No. She's pretty much the last hottie.

I'm sure there will be answers to 1, 2 and 4, but I think some if it is just sloppy or easy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't think it had been too long since the Negan attacked Alexandria. Maybe a couple weeks at the most?? Rosita and Michonne were still injured.

But we know TWD doesn't do the time thing very well. A whole season can be a couple weeks, then they'll jump a few months in the offseason.

I don't think they have a ton of people. I remember at one point last season Maggie saying something like there were 60-80 at Alexandria. But lot's of them were old or young.

There were probably some inside. But a lot of the Sanctuary is just worker bees anyway. Probably not a lot he wants to give guns to. Also lot's of his soldiers are at the outposts. There are probably as many outposts as needed for story telling.

Yea, TV, movies. Gimple said on TTD that Rick's group was supposed to be further away from Negan and his LTs (i.e. they wouldn't really have that clean of a shot). He admitted they probably didn't portray that very well. So I don't know if that was him or Nicotero's problem.

Alexandria got a bunch from Oceanside. But yea, like Hershel's shotgun...infinite ammunition. Infinite gas that doesn't spoil. Mileage may vary....a days drive from Alexandria to Hilltop, or you can rollerskate it. TV/Movies.

Eventually probably. Or maybe she miscarries?? Don't know if they want another baby to deal with while filming?? But I think she said something about being able to fight into the 2nd trimester, implying she's still in the first. Which goes back to your timeline question. But a lot of women don't start showing til the 2nd trimester.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Those rally speeches were cringe-worthy.
Are you NOT inspired??

Where are all the women from GirlTown? I am imagining they will come out of nowhere to kill Saviours.
They said they didn't want to fight. At least their leader said that. IDK, maybe they'll show up later. But Rick and company took most all their weapons anyway.

Reaction Score
Does this show really have some major plot line its tries to push the storyline to? At least with Game of thrones, you know the ending is in site. With Walking Dead, they could literally drag it out 10 more seasons if they wanted to.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My memory is shot...wasn't there a person in a tree lurking? Did that get explained?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Does this show really have some major plot line its tries to push the storyline to?
No. The source material is still being written. They did mention they might catch up to the source material, then go their own way.

At least with Game of thrones, you know the ending is in site.
Thank goodness. :rolleyes:

With Walking Dead, they could literally drag it out 10 more seasons if they wanted to.
I think that's the plan. Or until it quits making money.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My memory is shot...wasn't there a person in a tree lurking? Did that get explained?
You mean the Savior lookout? The one on the list with the other ones they were taking out?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You mean the Savior lookout? The one on the list with the other ones they were taking out?
No...I think this person once jumped down from a branch and walked toward one of the settlements. Was kind of recent. And there seemed to be 2 scenes only of the mystery lurker.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No...I think this person once jumped down from a branch and walked toward one of the settlements. Was kind of recent. And there seemed to be 2 scenes only of the mystery lurker.
Ah, this was from last season?? I might vaguely remember?? Maybe one of the trash people spying on the Alexandrians??

Reaction Score
A meh episode with classic TWD inconsistencies. Really the thing that sticks out most to me was how terrible Rick's aged hair and beard looked. Although if they threw a bandana and an eyepatch on him he'd make a perfect Solid Snake for a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Also, why the hell are they wasting so many bullets on windows??? And who was shooting back? They were receiving fire but they didn't show anyone. Next episode will probably be from the Saviors perspective I bet.

Reaction Score
A meh episode with classic TWD inconsistencies. Really the thing that sticks out most to me was how terrible Rick's aged hair and beard looked. Although if they threw a bandana and an eyepatch on him he'd make a perfect Solid Snake for a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Also, why the hell are they wasting so many bullets on windows??? And who was shooting back? They were receiving fire but they didn't show anyone. Next episode will probably be from the Saviors perspective I bet.
I liked the episode I guess but this confused me as well. Battle 1 of the war was basically wipeout car explosions, blow up an RV and shoot out windows. A Dukes of Hazard episode!
The inexplicable Rick's crew hiding behind metal while Negan's waltzed around with no fear was exacerbated by the fact that we literally saw on one go down from a shot.
However, they did a good job of simulating a plan with walkers, Carol, Daryl etc.. And they effectively communicated that Rick took out their HQ. If I'm planning battle #2 and I remember hearing Rick say they just need to eliminate one man, I might bring a sniper.
Would have been funny if after the crapping pants line the reverend simply pulled out a gun and shot Negan.

Reaction Score
I liked the episode I guess but this confused me as well. Battle 1 of the war was basically wipeout car explosions, blow up an RV and shoot out windows. A Dukes of Hazard episode!
The inexplicable Rick's crew hiding behind metal while Negan's waltzed around with no fear was exacerbated by the fact that we literally saw on one go down from a shot.
However, they did a good job of simulating a plan with walkers, Carol, Daryl etc.. And they effectively communicated that Rick took out their HQ. If I'm planning battle #2 and I remember hearing Rick say they just need to eliminate one man, I might bring a sniper.
Would have been funny if after the crapping pants line the reverend simply pulled out a gun and shot Negan.
Yea makes no sense. They completely had the drop on them. Cut the head off the snake, especially if they are planning on hitting pretty much all their locations at once. The saviors would've been in complete disarray without any leadership. And as we've seen the majority of them are just wimpy worker bees who are more trapped than complicit.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately their sniper is now a dead zombie. (and Rick is pretty clear, he gets Negan)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom