Waiting for MRI results | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Waiting for MRI results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Regarding HIPPA, and FERPA and any other rules and regulations covering the disclosure of medical records from student athletes, here are a couple of articles that should give anyone enough information to graduate from the Holiday Inn Express University and sound somewhat intelligent. Sounding intelligent is purely a personal decision and should only be disclosed with your written consent on the board.

Reaction Score
It's HIPAA and it will be 26 years old next year. The full name of the law is the "Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996."
Thank you. I meant to say is. My point is...it's no fans right to know. People confuse a courtesy with a right.

Reaction Score
I took these videos of PB after leaving the doctor's office. She will be better then ever!
Bionic Woman GIF

Reaction Score
Does Paige "NIL - Buckets" Bueckers and her family want this "private medical information" withheld from the public?

She's a public sports figure, the reigning POY with millions of "followers", who suffered an in-game injury seen by perhaps millions....why act as if it's a delicate, "private" situation? We're not talking cancer or transitioning...it's a sports-related knee injury.

It wouldn't hurt Paige, the team, or the school, if information was made available.

For ex: "Paige will undergo an MRI on such and such day, and the results will be made available 12 (24, whatever) hours later. Until that time, there will be no further comment/information."

Reaction Score
Does Paige "NIL - Buckets" Bueckers and her family want this "private medical information" withheld from the public?

She's a public sports figure, the reigning POY with millions of "followers", who suffered an in-game injury seen by perhaps millions....why act as if it's a delicate, "private" situation? We're not talking cancer or transitioning...it's a sports-related knee injury.

It wouldn't hurt Paige, the team, or the school, if information was made available.

For ex: "Paige will undergo an MRI on such and such day, and the results will be made available 12 (24, whatever) hours later. Until that time, there will be no further comment/information."
This entire post was disgusting.

Reaction Score

Why...because it is private and being concerned or having been witnessed to...doesn't change that. It certainly as SOME have said or alluded to doesn't "entitle" them to the information and doesn't make those who understand this limitation any less of a fan. Yes...everyone saw her grab her knee, but what caused that is protected medical information until the patient says that it isn't. I get the angst...curiosity or whatever one wants to call it. I just don't understand the...demand.

I wish her the best. But this is about something larger than sports....for me anyway. And that is the behavior and expectations of fans and how they see these athletes that they claim to respect. Respect their privacy if that's what they want. Pray. Wish them well. Bite your fingernails. And it matters not one bit what was disclosed regarding some other athlete.

And lastly...I'm not arguing whether disclosure would hurt because...I don't know. BUT...everyone can decide for themself if not disclosing it or not expediting...would cause them harm. My answer is no, I wouldn't be harmed and if I had concluded yes...I'd be more worried about myself than Paige.

Reaction Score
You don't have to show them. You DO as a CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. So still...it's YOUR RIGHT to disclose or not. And they have the right to not have you work there. At question here is different. It's whether someone OTHER THAN YOU (UCONN) is restricted to disclosure without your consent. And that is YES.
So If I own a company and we self insure, and we want to control our medical insurance costs I can’t request medical records as a condition of employment? I want to make sure potential employees don’t have any underlying medical conditions that will drive up medical costs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Huh? Unless Geno wants he and his team to be bombarded with Paige questions, false rumors everyday, it would be smart to issue a statement.
Do you REALIZE that for the past 26 years, all injuries suffered on the court, by any member of the UCONN Women's basketball team HAS been made public?

This is hard for both of you.

You do not have a right to know this girl’s medical status. When they want you to know, you will know. If Paige does not want to release specifics, spoilers, you won’t get them because it’s not remotely your business.

Reaction Score
So If I own a company and we self insure, and we want to control our medical insurance costs I can’t request medical records as a condition of employment? I want to make sure potential employees don’t have any underlying medical conditions that will drive up medical costs.
I used the same term as you, right? Condition OF employment. I could disagree to your terms and not disclose and go find work elsewhere. Now...if you're asking me for information post hire...that's not the same thing.

Reaction Score

If she and her parents want it private then they have to be prepared to answer endless phone calls and texts asking for information. Better to allow a limited release.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Frankly, that would be insidious.

Reaction Score
When we ask our government officials to disclose information we aren't nearly this demanding as taxpayers. I'm just saying.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I injured my knee playing basketball this spring, it took me quite a while to get an MRI (probably not a problem for Bueckers), it then took time to get the technician to read the results, and longer still to see an ortho and discuss a treatment plan. I'd be wildly impressed if a state school medical hospital could get her soup to nuts service with a treatment plan that would make sense to make public within 24 hours. And she might even want more than one opinion.

So even she knows the basic diagnosis, I still think it will take time to determine a treatment plan and how long she's likely to be out. Until then, there's really no point in releasing anything, even if she wanted to.

Wish her well, and her injury slight: speaking from experience, torn meniscuses and ligaments from the basketball are NO fun, and the path to full recovery is LONG.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I injured my knee playing basketball this spring, it took me quite a while to get an MRI (probably not a problem for Bueckers), it then took time to get the technician to read the results, and longer still to see an ortho and discuss a treatment plan. I'd be wildly impressed if a state school medical hospital could get her soup to nuts service with a treatment plan that would make sense to make public within 24 hours. And she might even want more than one opinion.

So even she knows the basic diagnosis, I still think it will take time to determine a treatment plan and how long she's likely to be out. Until then, there's really no point in releasing anything, even if she wanted to.

Wish her well, and her injury slight: speaking from experience, torn meniscuses and ligaments from the basketball are NO fun, and the path to full recovery is LONG.
You need to remember... this is The Best Player in NCAA WBB (the reigning POY for all awards except the only one she was ineligible for), the Best Player at UCONN, she plays for Geno who is held in highest esteem in Connecticut, and UCONN is a Basketball School and UCONN WBB is held in the highest regard in the State. IF there is anyone who can get the MRI done, reviewed and treatment plan developed in "record time"... it would be in this case with Paige.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom