Wahab not Committing on Thursday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Wahab not Committing on Thursday

Reaction Score
My complaints about Ollie's recruiting was that he signed too many guys, specifically bigs, that were just not able to compete or produce at this level. He also always left us shorthanded in the backcourt as far as numbers go. We never had enough guards.
Ollie consistently signed bigs (Whaley, Kwintin, Lubin) who were 300+ level recruits towards the end of his tenure. Can’t win with that

Reaction Score
Let's get back on track with Wahab.
I didn't see this statement by Corey Evans until this AM. Maybe others saw it but I don't recall it being discussed.

Well, sources told Rivals.com that this is more about Wahab not entirely being sold on his final decision...........................

So,
1. Was his final decision originally Pitt but VaTech has jumped in so strong that he is now considering them?
Or
2. Was his final decision originally VaTech but Hurley jumped in so strong on Tuesday that he's holding off and rethinking the decision?

Doomed after bolding the number...................

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
A bad coach who won us the national championship n the AAC title. Well none of the players that is being coach by Hurley has taken the giant leap that most of y'all expected. Adams is still not on the NBA radar, Vital is not suddenly endow with a high BBIQ. Louisville fans r now calling for the benching of Enoch for a freshman. Vance Jackson is not even a starter in NM. Maybe KO was not the problem. Maybe issues with injuries n a depleted roster was the main problem
wait, wut? KO? good guy, bad coach. no spine. perfect for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Let's get back on track with Wahab.
I didn't see this statement by Corey Evans until this AM. Maybe others saw it but I don't recall it being discussed.

Well, sources told Rivals.com that this is more about Wahab not entirely being sold on his final decision.......

So,
1. Was his final decision originally Pitt but VaTech has jumped in so strong that he is now considering them?
Or
2. Was his final decision originally VaTech but Hurley jumped in so strong on Tuesday that he's holding off and rethinking the decision?

Doomed after bolding the number....

Ridiculous thought of getting back on track what is wrong with you?!?!?:oops::D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You don't get it. We don't like him so absolutely everything he did well while here is supposed to be minimized, explained or forgotten.
I think most people here are pretty fair about KO's contributions here. The natty speaks for itself. Keeping the team together during the ban season so we had a chance for the natty was incredibly impressive. After that, he was, uh less than impressive, and didn't appear to have his heart in coaching the team anymore. Where he earns some bad blood is from his representation's decision to threaten bad PR to try to get Ollie money that I think pretty much everyone at this point agrees wasn't owed to him. Personally, I blame his representation more that Ollie for that, but Ollie bears the brunt of the bad will it generated.

I agree with you that I'd rather focus Wahab or whoever rather than endlessly rehashing KO's pros and cons, but the his knee jerk defenders are as much to blame as he critics.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think most people here are pretty fair about KO's contributions here. The natty speaks for itself. Keeping the team together during the ban season so we had a chance for the natty was incredibly impressive. After that, he was, uh less than impressive, and didn't appear to have his heart in coaching the team anymore. Where he earns some bad blood is from his representation's decision to threaten bad PR to try to get Ollie money that I think pretty much everyone at this point agrees wasn't owed to him. Personally, I blame his representation more that Ollie for that, but Ollie bears the brunt of the bad will it generated.

I agree with you that I'd rather focus Wahab or whoever rather than endlessly rehashing KO's pros and cons, but the his knee jerk defenders are as much to blame as he critics.

Respectfully, I disagree. People haven’t been fair about 2012-14 in the slightest. The overwhelming consensus has shifted such that the poor performance from 2014-18 and the bad blood with the termination proceedings has given people license to completely rewrite those first two years.

If a bunch of overemotional folks weren’t constantly saying ahistorical things, the number of people who could be conceivably seen as “defending” only would be 2 – and those posters are deservedly lambasted by everyone else here.

Bottom line, all of this drama would go away if people stopped pretending that 2012-14 didn’t happen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Respectfully, I disagree. People haven’t been fair about 2012-14 in the slightest. The overwhelming consensus has shifted such that the poor performance from 2014-18 and the bad blood with the termination proceedings has given people license to completely rewrite those first two years.

If a bunch of overemotional folks weren’t constantly saying ahistorical things, the number of people who could be conceivably seen as “defending” only would be 2 – and those posters are deservedly lambasted by everyone else here.

Bottom line, all of this drama would go away if people stopped pretending that 2012-14 didn’t happen.
Bottom line all of this drama will go away if when KO exhausts or drops his appeals.

PM me if you want to discuss this more Stair. Don't want to hijack the thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom