Wahab not Committing on Thursday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wahab not Committing on Thursday

Reaction Score
My complaint with Ollie was that he was a very, very, very bad college basketball coach.
A bad coach who won us the national championship n the AAC title. Well none of the players that is being coach by Hurley has taken the giant leap that most of y'all expected. Adams is still not on the NBA radar, Vital is not suddenly endow with a high BBIQ. Louisville fans r now calling for the benching of Enoch for a freshman. Vance Jackson is not even a starter in NM. Maybe KO was not the problem. Maybe issues with injuries n a depleted roster was the main problem

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe issues with injuries n a depleted roster was the main problem

Those certainly led to the losing records and to KO losing his job (along with NCAA violations). However, if KO had been luckier and more rule-abiding, he would have done well enough to keep his job, but he still wouldn't have been as good a head coach as Hurley.

KO can be a competent college coach if he wants to be one, and dedicates himself to it. It'll be interesting to see how his career proceeds from here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A bad coach who won us the national championship n the AAC title. Well none of the players that is being coach by Hurley has taken the giant leap that most of y'all expected. Adams is still not on the NBA radar, Vital is not suddenly endow with a high BBIQ. Louisville fans r now calling for the benching of Enoch for a freshman. Vance Jackson is not even a starter in NM. Maybe KO was not the problem. Maybe issues with injuries n a depleted roster was the main problem
KO was part of the problem. He chose to recruit and sign these underwhelming players that are pointed out. He bought the groceries that made the roster look depleted. It wasn't all injuries. Also, pretty tough for Hurley to undo several years of no development in one offseason and a handful of games. A lot of bad habits were formed that are tough to break in such a short time.

Reaction Score
Precious and Kofu would be huge and I’m not an Ollie fanatic but Hamilton would be roughly in between the two in terms of ranking and being a statement get. Heck Durham and Jackson weren’t far behind Kofis ranking if not ahead of it, IIRC. Not to mention Adams and Gilbert who were both top 20 recruits IIRC. Precious is a step ahead of them all in terms of ranking but Kofi actually is behind Akok in some rankings and at least a few of the ones Ollie got. Ollie had serious flaws but he and his staff got some high ranked recruits also.

Wasn't Will Jackson top 15 too at one point before he got hurt? Prince Ali top 50ish? Not sure recruiting was as big of a problem for Ollie as many make it out to be. Injuries, retaining those recruits and development is another story. Ollie had a lot of bad bounces. Pun intended.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His eye for talent was not great regardless of the rankings. Not all these ranked guys pan out regardless of good or bad development. The way he contructed his teams were way out of balance. Not enough shooters, not enough guards, ineffective bigs, too many unskilled frontcourt tweeners that couldnt dribble or shoot or rebound effectively etc...

pj

Reaction Score
KO seemed to go to a peculiar strategy: instead of the standard 5 guards / 3 sf / 5 bigs approach, he went 3 strong guards / 3 sf / 7 mediocre bigs, with the idea that 3-4 of the mediocre bigs might be playable as upperclassman, and he'd have 3 playable guards, 2 playable sf, and 3 playable upperclassmen bigs for an 8-player rotation even if his big man recruiting was mediocre and it took 2-3 years for them to develop.

The trouble was any guard injury kills him with that roster construction. Moreover, if you can't retain your bigs you never get the mature upperclassmen.

He would have been better off recruiting 5 strong guards and playing 3 or 4 guard lineups.

Reaction Score
lol this guy

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No one was criticizing KO here. Anytime his name is mentioned posters like you get all sensitive lol. Saying Ollie never got that statement commitment after the title isn’t knocking him. It’s a factual observation. It’s ok, his feelings aren’t hurt

Sounds like you don't know the difference between a fact and opinion. Although maybe you should get the vaccine thing down before you move on to that.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Is someone angry that his strip club visits aren't subsidized by his rich buddy's salary anymore?

Reaction Score
Sounds like you don't know the difference between a fact and opinion. Although maybe you should get the vaccine thing down before you move on to that.
Name the elite bigs he reeled in. I’ll wait. Him not reeling in big time front court players seems pretty factual to me

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Name the elite bigs he reeled in. I’ll wait. Him not reeling in big time front court players seems pretty factual to me

“Statement commit” is subjective, and that’s the point you made in post #67 that I responded to. Pretty sure as other posters have pointed out, it’s reasonable to give that title to DH and JA.

Here’s what you’re doing: Moving the goalposts - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
“Statement commit” is subjective, and that’s the point you made in post #67 that I responded to. Pretty sure as other posters have pointed out, it’s reasonable to give that title to Dan Hurley and JA.
Here’s what you’re doing: Moving the goalposts - Wikipedia
Wrong again. I said Kofi would be more of a statement commit. If you use your reading skills I clearly in the next post specified why I felt it’d be more of a statement than the good guards we’ve got. Pick someone else to argue with about something dumb. I’m not interested

“Kofi alone isn’t the statement. Kofi and precious added to the class that we have is the statement. That’s a top 2 class in the country imo. Also all of the recruits listed by the poster above we guards. Bringing in basically 3 5* bigs in Kofi, Akok, and Precious is huge in the national perspective. We’ve never had trouble getting guards. But being in the convo for elite bigs again is something we’ve haven’t had in over a decade(sans Drummond)”

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Wrong again. I said Kofi would be more of a statement commit. If you use your reading skills I clearly in the next post specified why I felt it’d be more of a statement than the good guards we’ve got. Pick someone else to argue with about something dumb. I’m not interested

“Kofi alone isn’t the statement. Kofi and precious added to the class that we have is the statement. That’s a top 2 class in the country imo. Also all of the recruits listed by the poster above we guards. Bringing in basically 3 5* bigs in Kofi, Akok, and Precious is huge in the national perspective. We’ve never had trouble getting guards. But being in the convo for elite bigs again is something we’ve haven’t had in over a decade(sans Drummond)”

Bro...you're way out of your depth.

Saying Ollie never got that statement commitment after the title isn’t knocking him.

You do know that once you post something, it remains visible, right?

Reaction Score
Bro...you're way out of your depth.

You do know that once you post something, it remains visible, right?

Youre just refusing to read my full statement. You like to argue, I don't. IGNORED

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Here come the OllieAnna's right on cue.

There are literally two Ollie supporters remaining. The rest of us just don’t like to hear dumb arguments. We get it, he did bad things to the program and very few people here like the guy, but that doesn’t give people license to rewrite history and say dumb stuff without criticism.

Also, when you’re looking at an anti-vaxxer who thinks the moon landing was fake as a voice of reason, you may want to reassess yourself.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Youre just refusing to read my full statement. You like to argue, I don't. IGNORED

You made a full statement that was dumb and incorrect. You got called out on it, and now you’re turtling. Very weak performance on your part.

Reaction Score
KO was part of the problem. He chose to recruit and sign these underwhelming players that are pointed out. He bought the groceries that made the roster look depleted. It wasn't all injuries. Also, pretty tough for Hurley to undo several years of no development in one offseason and a handful of games. A lot of bad habits were formed that are tough to break in such a short time.
KO, pre-divorce, was good. The split crushed him.

Reaction Score
There are literally two Ollie supporters remaining. The rest of us just don’t like to hear dumb arguments. We get it, he did bad things to the program and very few people here like the guy, but that doesn’t give people license to rewrite history and say dumb stuff without criticism.

Also, when you’re looking at an anti-vaxxer who thinks the moon landing was fake as a voice of reason, you may want to reassess yourself.
Dude when no one likes you reassess yourself lmaoo. I made a vague statement. Someone responded and I clarified. You jumped in for the sole purpose of arguing. It’s what you do. After this you’re back on ignore lmao. But couldn’t resist the hypocrisy. You bring nothing to this board but whining and pointless arguments. Take your ball and go home

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Dude when no one likes you reassess yourself lmaoo. I made a vague statement. Someone responded and I clarified. You jumped in for the sole purpose of arguing. It’s what you do. After this you’re back on ignore lmao. But couldn’t resist the hypocrisy. You bring nothing to this board but whining and pointless arguments. Take your ball and go home

Actually, I’m considerably more well-liked and insightful than you seem to think.

Reaction Score
How about a poll on whether this should be the last time we hear the same BS arguments on one side of Ollie or the other?

Reaction Score
Capel has been disasterous on the recruiting trail. 0 recruits this point in the game is surprising. Thought he’d land someone.
He’s been aiming really high... IMO they shouldn’t be trying to get top 50 players at this stage in their program. ~100 probably more the sweet spot. Thought this would be their guy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom