Wahab not Committing on Thursday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wahab not Committing on Thursday

Reaction Score
I don't see why we can't take both. If Wahab wants to come here, take him. Still pursue Kofi. He won't be afraid of Wahab, and if Wahab doesn't like it, then he can just decommit. Everyone else does it.
Yes. Remember Hilton Boone Villanueva and emeka the deflecta?!

Reaction Score
Danny is clearly prioritizing Kofi but our needs are so great up front we could easily have major minutes for Kofi, Wahab or Mitchell. Ideally, we want to get 2 of the 3. I think Precious we strategize after we see how the other 3 land. Thats asking a lot but that would give us a true front court rotation with Akok and Polley. Josh will need to establish himself in conference play this season to be a factor.
Gilbert, JB, Vital, B Adams and Gaffney will be the guard rotation. Depending on how front court recruiting plays out JB could also share time with Polley at the 3.
I couldn't agree more. In Dan"s first year he didn't ask anyone to leave and I don't think he will going forward. However, Wahab is not the same player As Kofi. Room for both with Akok.

Current guys will read the tea leaves as to playing time. There will be room for Precious.

Reaction Score
I've advocated for Wahab ever since I saw video of him and reflected on how important continuity is at key positions as well as how some of these players might or might not fit well together. You can catch lightning in a bottle now and then (as Duke did a couple years ago), and get 5 great recruits that work well together, but in today's ego driven world can we expect that to happen very often?

Love to get him, but this comment from his coach might mean Va Tech is the real competitor and not Pitt:

"Wahab’s coach, Rico Reed, expected him to be deliberate with his process and he has been, visiting all five schools and taking time to think it over, in no rush to sign a Letter of Intent during the November signing period. He hasn’t indicated he is leaning in any direction, though he did tell Rivals his relationship with Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams “is much different than with the other coaches recruiting me.”

Reaction Score
just noticed how many members in this thread have over 10,000 messages....thats crazy....its gonna take me years to get to that level..lol

I’m always amazed by this too. I come on the yard pretty frequently and I have been a poster for over 5 years... and I’m still in the 500s when it comes to messages. I am not sure I’ll even get to 1,000 messages. 10,000 is borderline crazy, but more power to the posters who reach the milestone, that’s commitment!

C

Chief00

I couldn't agree more. In Dan"s first year he didn't ask anyone to leave and I don't think he will going forward. However, Wahab is not the same player As Kofi. Room for both with Akok.

Current guys will read the tea leaves as to playing time. There will be room for Precious.

True, it’s a process. Playing time is the proxy for conversation and tea leaves. That doesn’t mean conversation don’t take place, but they are driven by playing time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
just noticed how many members in this thread have over 10,000 messages....thats crazy....its gonna take me years to get to that level..lol

Thought I'd weigh in here just to add another. I doubt we get him based on what I've seen here about VT, but I think we take him if he is willing to commit and worry about Kofi and Precious later. Can't afford to strike out at the center position.

Reaction Score
Wahab was (possibly still is) a pretty heavy Pitt lean and they've had 0 commits from their 2019 class. Pretty simple.
Capel has been disasterous on the recruiting trail. 0 recruits this point in the game is surprising. Thought he’d land someone.

Reaction Score
Thought I'd weigh in here just to add another. I doubt we get him based on what I've seen here about VT, but I think we take him if he is willing to commit and worry about Kofi and Precious later. Can't afford to strike out at the center position.
He’s gotten close w buzz Williams. UConn still 3rd in my opinon in terms of practicality. Might involve a big man transferring. A couple variables

Reaction Score
if wahab has such a good relationship with buzz how do we know VT hasn't been the leader all along? and now pitt or us is giving him pause? crystal balls be damned.

either way, we weren't in the lead before so this can only help uconn.

Reaction Score
if wahab has such a good relationship with buzz how do we know VT hasn't been the leader all along? and now pitt or us is giving him pause? crystal balls be damned.
I’m saying in my opinion. I have no clue what he’s actually thinking. For all I know it can be Georgetown. He’s just not tipping his hand.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Danny is clearly prioritizing Kofi but our needs are so great up front we could easily have major minutes for Kofi, Wahab or Mitchell. Ideally, we want to get 2 of the 3. I think Precious we strategize after we see how the other 3 land. Thats asking a lot but that would give us a true front court rotation with Akok and Polley. Josh will need to establish himself in conference play this season to be a factor.
Gilbert, JB, Vital, B Adams and Gaffney will be the guard rotation. Depending on how front court recruiting plays out JB could also share time with Polley at the 3.
Chief you don't mention Sid is there a reason?

Reaction Score
We have 2 remaining scholarships . I think that there will be at least one transfer so I assume we likely will get 3 more recruits.
Kofi , Precious , Mitchell, Wahab are our top targets . It would be great to get any 2 of the 4 .

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We have 2 remaining scholarships . I think that there will be at least one transfer so I assume we likely will get 3 more recruits. Kofi , Precious , Mitchell, Wahab are our top targets . It would be great to get any 2 of the 4.
If we somehow end up with having to fill 6 scholarships for 2019, I doubt we bring in 6 freshmen. 5 is the max for one recruiting class, in my book.
Bring on a grad transfer and open an extra schollie for 2020.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is a tricky one for me because honestly Kofi and Precious are just in a different zip code, but like it's been said here - we can't strike out up front.

Wahab strikes me more as a lifer here - more of a four year guy who has potential to be all conference when he's older.

I'll take all of these guys, but I do think it makes it a BIT more challenging to get Kofi and/or Precious. Still at this point - i'd take him.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is a tricky one for me because honestly Kofi and Precious are just in a different zip code, but like it's been said here - we can't strike out up front.

Wahab strikes me more as a lifer here - more of a four year guy who has potential to be all conference when he's older.

I'll take all of these guys, but I do think it makes it a BIT more challenging to get Kofi and/or Precious. Still at this point - i'd take him.
Getting Kofi and/or precious opens up different doors for us that we haven't had access to. It gives Hurley credibility. Theyre the big fish Ollie could never get. Getting Wahab would be great as well. But it isnt a statement. Kofi and Precious are statements

C

Chief00

If we somehow end up with having to fill 6 scholarships for 2019, I doubt we bring in 6 freshmen. 5 is the max for one recruiting class, in my book.
Bring on a grad transfer and open an extra schollie for 2020.
I think that’s correct thinking.

caw

Reaction Score
Getting Kofi and/or precious opens up different doors for us that we haven't had access to. It gives Hurley credibility. Theyre the big fish Ollie could never get. Getting Wahab would be great as well. But it isnt a statement. Kofi and Precious are statements

Precious and Kofu would be huge and I’m not an Ollie fanatic but Hamilton would be roughly in between the two in terms of ranking and being a statement get. Heck Durham and Jackson weren’t far behind Kofis ranking if not ahead of it, IIRC. Not to mention Adams and Gilbert who were both top 20 recruits IIRC. Precious is a step ahead of them all in terms of ranking but Kofi actually is behind Akok in some rankings and at least a few of the ones Ollie got. Ollie had serious flaws but he and his staff got some high ranked recruits also.

Reaction Score
Precious and Kofu would be huge and I’m not an Ollie fanatic but Hamilton would be roughly in between the two in terms of ranking and being a statement get. Heck Durham and Jackson weren’t far behind Kofis ranking if not ahead of it, IIRC. Not to mention Adams and Gilbert who were both top 20 recruits IIRC. Precious is a step ahead of them all in terms of ranking but Kofi actually is behind Akok in some rankings and at least a few of the ones Ollie got. Ollie had serious flaws but he and his staff got some high ranked recruits also.
That is a very fair

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom