Vote for Gabby! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Vote for Gabby!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As much as boneyarders are pulling together to help keep Gabby toward winning this much-deserved award, something “extra” such as the game announcement example is needed if we are going to have a chance to prevail. We need to reach deeper into the student body and UConn alumni!!

Agreed. Something is going on here, and it's beginning to smell because Vivians is starting to pull away. I guess the MS fans figure they can beat UConn stuffing ballot boxes as well as on the floor. :mad:

Reaction Score
Ok so a few things...

First, you have to have adobe acrobat installed for each browser you have or it won't work. It SHOULD prompt you to install it if you don't have it.

Second, you can vote once on every browser you have and also on a different computer or cell phone as well. I have Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE, and Microsoft Edge as my internet browser and I have 2 computers so I was able to vote 10 times.

Here's the latest...

View attachment 28689
What’s the latest? How far behind are we?

Reaction Score
Just voted. VV40.3 Gabby 37.1
VV either has a really devoted fanbase or a fanbase with some mad computer skilz!
Still, a long way to go. I gave some sympathy votes to the other players...

Reaction Score
Agreed. Something is going on here, and it's beginning to smell because Vivians is starting to pull away. I guess the MS fans figure they can beat UConn stuffing ballot boxes as well as on the floor. :mad:
I thought their announcing an appeal to vote at a game with 10,000 fans in attendance was brilliant. Is there wifi in Gampel?

Reaction Score
It is very suspicious when you consider that the math required to verify each vote must be very difficult for there alumni/fans.

Reaction Score
Ok, so it looks like it will be difficult to overcome the vote stacking done for Vivians. However, if you look at the award rules, the fan voting only represents 1/3 of the vote with the remaining 2/3 of the vote coming from coaches and media representatives. So I say keep voting and lets hope for the coaches and media to support Gabby.

Reaction Score
Ok, so it looks like it will be difficult to overcome the vote stacking done for Vivians. However, if you look at the award rules, the fan voting only represents 1/3 of the vote with the remaining 2/3 of the vote coming from coaches and media representatives. So I say keep voting and lets hope for the coaches and media to support Gabby.
We’re far from giving-up. I wrote to our AD mentioning the game appeal that was done by our competition, wrote to our alumni association, contacted our “UConn Advocates” and sent a message to the Uconn student newspaper. Will any of it do any good? Who knows! It was worth it in any event in view of senior night coming-up on Monday and the chance to show how much we’ve appreciate the hustle and play of our Gabby Williams! Keep-up the fight!!

Reaction Score
At the current run rate, the two leaders may end up with 85-90 % of the total vote.
  • How will this influence the votes of the professionals (media and coaches)?
  • How will the results of these fan and professionals votes be distributed? Is it 'winner takes all' in either/both or some allocation?
I took a quick look for the details and didn't find them. Gotta run now.

(BTW, regardless of the results of this the game, should it happen, will be the only thing that matters ;))

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gabby is 3% behind Victoria Vivians...Please Everyone vote..once a day every day..you can vote on your phone plus IPads & computer..this enables you to vote a few extra times per day...I have gone to my local library & used their computers...15 EXTRA vote per day.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm continuing to vote daily, but its unlikely Gabby will overtake Victoria. We need to keep voting to keep the difference to around three percent and then rely that the majority of the media will vote for Gabby.

Keep Voting.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We’re far from giving-up. I wrote to our AD mentioning the game appeal that was done by our competition, wrote to our alumni association, contacted our “UConn Advocates” and sent a message to the Uconn student newspaper. Will any of it do any good? Who knows! It was worth it in any event in view of senior night coming-up on Monday and the chance to show how much we’ve appreciate the hustle and play of our Gabby Williams! Keep-up the fight!!

There you go!!! Leave no stone unturned. :cool:

Reaction Score
Kaizen is perfectly correct. I used an apple desktop. I voted then cleared my history for the last hour ( you can select the whole day if you like), went back to the web site and voted again. repeat this and you can vote as many times as you want providing you want to sit in front of a computer for a while. I did 10 votes in about 4-5 minutes.

Reaction Score
It seems odd that Gabby is unable to break through to the 40% ...She is stuck in the 37.7/37.8%... What are other fans opinions.

Reaction Score
It seems odd that Gabby is unable to break through to the 40% ...She is stuck in the 37.7/37.8%... What are other fans opinions.

My guess. MSU and UC groups now voting at similar rate. Both are slowly/gradually gaining share. Most UC MSU voters are adding 2 more votes for others. More of other candidates' voters are doing only 1 vote. As votes pile up, % comes slowly.

This is strictly a guess...needs math major to model ;)

Reaction Score
Sad that a university as big as Texas is not backing up Ariel Atkins..oh well more votes for Gabby.

Reaction Score
Somebody is listening! I was at the USF game and some students came around at halftime and handed out little pieces of paper urging people to vote for Gabby and giving the link! :)

Reaction Score
I was at the game last night ...for those who didn't attend or get a chance to stream Senior Night Festivities...UCONN played the Candian national anthem for Kia followed by our national anthem for Gabby...
Class Act UCONN...an extra nice way to thank the Seniors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom