Vote for Gabby! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Vote for Gabby!

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
A poster awhile back claimed (I'm too lazy to look it up) that all duplicate votes would be discarded. Can that be true? If so, then there is no point in voting multiple times!?

Reaction Score
A poster awhile back claimed (I'm too lazy to look it up) that all duplicate votes would be discarded. Can that be true? If so, then there is no point in voting multiple times!?

What? and take away all our fun!? This is not a popularity contest as some say, but rather a measure of fan base passion for their players and for Gabby in particular our appreciation for her immense talents . We are thanking her for 4 years of the joy of watching her play.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I keep checking this thread bc I really love to laugh.

Is everyone here really thinking this is a popularity contest? Does everyone really think the winner of the award will go to whoever gets the most votes on some website?

This is a prestigious award. And chosen by some very qualified people. It will not be given to "whoever gets the most votes"

Do you really think the committee behind all this would allow for that to happen? It practically would cripple any chances some lesser known players would otherwise have. That are very talented players.

I mean if you all have the time and want to spend it this way I will not rain on your parade.

But don't be fooled....this isn't a popularity contest.

I probably will have some haters after this post.
YOUR VOTE COUNTS! Fan balloting counts for 1/3 of the total with the remaining 2/3 determined by NCAA Division I coaches and national media members.
1. First 3 words = I'm voting.
2. It is ok to laugh and vote at the same time.
3. Vote for Gabulous. She is looking for your votes.
williams171205a032-1024x683.jpg

Reaction Score
I keep checking this thread bc I really love to laugh.

Is everyone here really thinking this is a popularity contest? Does everyone really think the winner of the award will go to whoever gets the most votes on some website?

This is a prestigious award. And chosen by some very qualified people. It will not be given to "whoever gets the most votes"

Do you really think the committee behind all this would allow for that to happen? It practically would cripple any chances some lesser known players would otherwise have. That are very talented players.

I mean if you all have the time and want to spend it this way I will not rain on your parade.

But don't be fooled....this isn't a popularity contest.

I probably will have some haters after this post.
No haters just admirers of your deep perception. You must have been a member of many committees of this type to be able to share such insight.. I guess we who are totally witless and disillusioned will just have to carry- on and hope somehow that our votes count. Vote Gabby!!!!

Reaction Score
No haters just admirers of your deep perception. You must have been a member of many committees of this type to be able to share such insight.. I guess we who are totally witless and disillusioned will just have to carry- on and hope somehow that our votes count. Vote Gabby!!!!
Geez. I even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night hoping that would help?? ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Gabby has the lead, I thought the Miss St fans would enable her to keep the lead once it got to 3%.

However, what's more surprising that this is a Two Player Race. Where are the Duke fans that should be voting for Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell and the Texas fans voting for Ariel Atkins? All three are popular players with their respective fans bases.

I vote for Brown and Greenwell twice a day.... when I remember. Perhaps I should email and text all my friends and family to do so as well :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I vote for Brown and Greenwell twice a day.... when I remember. Perhaps I should email and text all my friends and family to do so as well :rolleyes:
Sounds like a good idea...and, in that you can vote for more than one nominee, how about asking them to vote for Gabby as well! Thanks!!

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Just voted again, Gabby's up by .9%

Name School Votes
Ariel Atkins University of Texas 1.7%
Lexie Brown Duke University 2%
Tyra Buss Indiana University 6.7%
Emily Clemens Western Illinois University 1.5%
Rebecca Greenwell Duke University 1.9%
Delaney Hodgins Eastern Washington University 1.7%
Kaylee Jensen Oklahoma State 1.7%
Jackie Kemph Saint Louis University 1.6%
Victoria Vivians Mississippi State 40.2%
Gabby Williams UConn 41.1%
Open Ballots
Vote Now
Candidate Spotlight

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Motivated now. Time to put my work email to work. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As much fun as it is to try to game the system, it seems the vote will be so close that it will be irrelevant. The vote is 1/3 while 2/3 is from the coaches. Also, if there is irregularity such as an obvious spike etc, I can imagine it will be detected and the fan's contribution removed.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I would think that first or second would not matter that much. I am not above voting on all devices, but adding 1000 votes gets into territory beyond "gaming" and into "serious cheating". If I cared more I would send that post to the folks who run the contest - but I don't.

"The Queen"? Really?

Reaction Score
Ahhh - good advice from the Miss. State board!

(For Chrome, Anyway) Right click the link & select “Open in Incognito Window.”
- Vote
- Refresh
- Repeat
Finally got to a machine where I could actually try this. It definitely works, and is much easier/faster than the "Clear History" method, and it doesn't clear the history on a machine where you don't want to do that. Just hit "Refresh" after you vote and it brings you right back to the same page to vote again. Only frustrating thing is how slow the site itself is (which you already know if you've been voting). But still the fastest way I've found yet.

DO THIS (Miss State fans certainly are). Vote here:

Vote | Senior CLASS Award

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I would think that first or second would not matter that much. I am not above voting on all devices, but adding 1000 votes gets into territory beyond "gaming" and into "serious cheating". If I cared more I would send that post to the folks who run the contest - but I don't.

"The Queen"? Really?

Yep. Vivians was selected Homecoming Queen . Last year I believe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom