Emily Clemens Western Illinois University 1.6%
Rebecca Greenwell Duke University 2.1%
Delaney Hodgins Eastern Washington University 1.7%
Kaylee Jensen Oklahoma State 1.8%
Jackie Kemph Saint Louis University 1.7%
Victoria Vivians Mississippi State 39.4%
Gabby Williams UConn 40.1%

Reaction Score
All right. She's back on top again. Keep voting!
votegabby.JPG

Reaction Score
The big storm on the horizon threw a scare into Amazon so I got sent home early. It's about three in the morning here and I have to stay up until at least seven or thereabouts to retain the sleep schedule. Guess I might as well vote a while.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Gabby has the lead, I thought the Miss St fans would enable her to keep the lead once it got to 3%.

However, what's more surprising that this is a Two Player Race. Where are the Duke fans that should be voting for Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell and the Texas fans voting for Ariel Atkins? All three are popular players with their respective fans bases.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Gabby has the lead, I thought the Miss St fans would enable her to keep the lead once it got to 3%.

However, what's more surprising that this is a Two Player Race. Where are the Duke fans that should be voting for Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell and the Texas fans voting for Ariel Atkins? All three are popular players with their respective fans bases.
why are you encouraging them to do better, you don't want Gabby to win?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gabby now up a full percentage point. While that may not seem like much, when you consider that she was behind 2 points a week ago, the push for Gabby has really gained a lot of steam in the past week. I am particularly impressed by the fact that Gabby's lead appears to have grown substantially overnight.

I have a theory that one of the things Gabby has going for her is all the old farts like me here on the BY, who have to get up to go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times per night, and take a few minutes to place another vote for Gabby. Young folks who sleep soundly through the night have no such opportunity or inclination to get out of bed. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I voted aboutm 20 minutes ago, Gabby around 49% and Vivians was a 0, so something is haywire. I went back to check and the voting page won't load.

UPDATE Gabby 70.7 % Vivians 0 so the site has gone wonky

Last edited:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
I voted aboutm 20 minutes ago, Gabby around 49% and Vivians was a 0, so something is haywire. I went back to check and the voting page won't load.

UPDATE Gabby 70.7 % Vivians 0 so the site has gone wonky

Wonky, eh? Around here folks would say catywumpus.

You can still vote with a mobile device, but results won't load.

" .seniorclassaward.com/vote/mobile/womens_basketball_2017-18/ "

Remove the " " and add prefix http://www

Ahhhh, they unbroke it. Back to Vivians 39.4%, Gabby 40.4%.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, it has been acting weird for me too. At first everybody had 0. Closed and tried again and VV had 89% but Gabby had 43%! Finally got it reading correctly. Im just concerned that if I vote when it is acting weird that my vote wont count!

Reaction Score
Something wrong, one hour ago Gabby was 40.4% Vivians 39.4%.
Now Gabby was 30.2% Vivians 48.6%.

Screenshot.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Gabby now up a full percentage point. While that may not seem like much, when you consider that she was behind 2 points a week ago, the push for Gabby has really gained a lot of steam in the past week. I am particularly impressed by the fact that Gabby's lead appears to have grown substantially overnight.

I have a theory that one of the things Gabby has going for her is all the old farts like me here on the BY, who have to get up to go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times per night, and take a few minutes to place another vote for Gabby. Young folks who sleep soundly through the night have no such opportunity or inclination to get out of bed. :rolleyes:
Two words Oldude...................Adult Depends. They keep you "warm" all night in more ways that one. :)

shopping

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 29043

Wonky, eh? Around here folks would say catywumpus.

You can still vote with a mobile device, but results won't load.

" .seniorclassaward.com/vote/mobile/womens_basketball_2017-18/ "

Remove the " " and add prefix http://www

Ahhhh, they unbroke it. Back to Vivians 39.4%, Gabby 40.4%.

With the numbers fluctuating as they are, how can we be sure the final totals are true and legit? :eek:

Reaction Score
Looks like the people at MSST woke up and started voting again? That’s a lot of ground they made up for VV. Let’s go guys!!

Name School Votes
Ariel Atkins University of Texas 1.7%
Lexie Brown Duke University 2.2%
Tyra Buss Indiana University 7.5%
Emily Clemens Western Illinois University 1.6%
Rebecca Greenwell Duke University 2%
Delaney Hodgins Eastern Washington University 1.7%
Kaylee Jensen Oklahoma State 1.7%
Jackie Kemph Saint Louis University 1.6%
Victoria Vivians Mississippi State 39.8%
Gabby Williams UConn 40.3%

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I keep checking this thread bc I really love to laugh.

Is everyone here really thinking this is a popularity contest? Does everyone really think the winner of the award will go to whoever gets the most votes on some website?

This is a prestigious award. And chosen by some very qualified people. It will not be given to "whoever gets the most votes"

Do you really think the committee behind all this would allow for that to happen? It practically would cripple any chances some lesser known players would otherwise have. That are very talented players.

I mean if you all have the time and want to spend it this way I will not rain on your parade.

But don't be fooled....this isn't a popularity contest.

I probably will have some haters after this post.

Reaction Score
I keep checking this thread bc I really love to laugh.

Is everyone here really thinking this is a popularity contest? Does everyone really think the winner of the award will go to whoever gets the most votes on some website?

This is a prestigious award. And chosen by some very qualified people. It will not be given to "whoever gets the most votes"

Do you really think the committee behind all this would allow for that to happen? It practically would cripple any chances some lesser known players would otherwise have. That are very talented players.

I mean if you all have the time and want to spend it this way I will not rain on your parade.

But don't be fooled....this isn't a popularity contest.

I probably will have some haters after this post.
No hate here, but my thoughts:

1) All of the nominees are qualified and meet the criteria. Beyond that, this IS a popularity contest.

2) I would bet the farm that the winner will be either Gabby Williams or Victoria Vivians, who are sharing approximately 80% of the vote roughly equally.

3) I don't think anyone here is naive enough to believe that the voting winner will automatically win the award, but winning the fan vote will influence the "deciders." It will not go to someone who got 1.37% of the vote, no matter how deserving she is.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
No hate here, but my thoughts:

1) All of the nominees are qualified and meet the criteria. Beyond that, this IS a popularity contest.

2) I would bet the farm that the winner will be either Gabby Williams or Victoria Vivians, who are sharing approximately 80% of the vote roughly equally.

3) I don't think anyone here is naive enough to believe that the voting winner will automatically win the award, but winning the fan vote will influence the "deciders." It will not go to someone who got 1.37% of the vote, no matter how deserving she is.
Very, very valid response. I failed to think of it that way

=D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom