Vote for Gabby! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Vote for Gabby!

Reaction Score
Ok so a few things...

First, you have to have adobe acrobat installed for each browser you have or it won't work. It SHOULD prompt you to install it if you don't have it.

Second, you can vote once on every browser you have and also on a different computer or cell phone as well. I have Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE, and Microsoft Edge as my internet browser and I have 2 computers so I was able to vote 10 times.

Here's the latest...

View attachment 28689

Reaction Score
To pull this off and distance ourselves from Mississippi State and VV we need to not only send a request to vote for Gabby to everyone on our email distribution list but ask them to send to everyone on their list with the same request. We need as much coverage as possible being a small state.......backing one of our top talents!!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
To pull this off and distance ourselves from Mississippi State and VV we need to not only send a request to vote for Gabby to everyone on our email distribution list but ask them to send to everyone on their list with the same request. We need as much coverage as possible being a small state..backing one of our top talents!!

MS is smaller than CT in population, plus they've got Ole Miss and even Southern Miss, which splits the state's fanbases for collegiate sports at major state universities into three groups. We should be able to smoke 'em, as no such divide exists in CT, with only one flagship state U. Vote Gabby, early and often!

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
To pull this off and distance ourselves from Mississippi State and VV we need to not only send a request to vote for Gabby to everyone on our email distribution list but ask them to send to everyone on their list with the same request. We need as much coverage as possible being a small state..backing one of our top talents!!
I have a feeling we may be dealing with more than just the MSU fanbase.
I'd venture to guess ppl from other schools who pick 3 players at a time are picking VV over Gabulous.
No data to back this up, just a hunch.
Go Huskies! And GO VOTE!! ;)

Reaction Score
I'd venture to guess ppl from other schools who pick 3 players at a time are picking VV over Gabulous.
It's the same people that chant essssssss-eeeeeeeee-seeeeeeee as their team is getting their butt kicked. They are a loyal bunch.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Maybe former MSU Bulldogs and present Cowboys QB Dak Prescott has hired a room full of people to vote for Vivians 24/7.

Reaction Score
Just got a text from a friend who has been voting for Gabby. He's been using the hack to vote repeatedly. Like me, he was frustrated that even after voting more than 20 times, he saw no positive effect. Actually she fell farther behind!
A strategy question: He has been voting for Gabby and two players with very few votes. He feels that this will do more to reduce the % of votes for VV than just voting Gabby. I have been just voting Gabby. Any stats geek want to explain the best strategy?

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
How at all does this vote become fair if hacked? Are we really considering this?

I mean isn't it just a small percentage of the online vote that get factored in for the winner of this race?

We've been so blessed...must we really try and rig something just to keep winning? There are many deserving ladies on this list.

WWGD?
:D

Reaction Score
Eh, its a game. I think using your devices if pretty fair game. Kind of inevitable that computer folks would find a way to vote even more. (Though I suspect like my friend, most aren't going to multiple vote daily - I think he has a life!) I do feel sorry for the young women who have very few votes. I would vote for them too if that doesn't hurt my primary vote.

Reaction Score
Could it be that Mississippi State has their student body more involved and/or have gone out to their alumni. To continue to stay ahead they obviously have a lot of participants voting the allowed few times each per day per voter.
I sent out to quite a few alumni and others on my email list and other boneyarders have upped the anti and we still, so far, can’t catch VV. Is there a way of getting our students more involved and/or our alumni without causing any problems?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tennessee lurkers are going to the Summitt and VolNation encouraging them to vote for anyone other than Gabby... and VV

Reaction Score
Tennessee lurkers are going to the Summitt and VolNation encouraging them to vote for anyone other than Gabby... and VV

It's the anyone but Yankees/Patriots effect...very likley a factor. It's the price ya pay for whuppin' everyone all the time (well almost).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We're failing Gabby. Vivians is pulling away to almost a 3 point lead, 39.7 to 36.8 as of 2/22/18 at 11:15 am. :(
On several occasions, Gabby held a brief lead, only to have the MS fans rise up and rally. Have YOU voted today. Remember what Yogi said: "It ain't over till it's over". Let's go!!!

Reaction Score
#Ha1lState

I know when I was at the game the other night they are announcing it over the loudspeaker to the crowd...I'm sure UConn would do the same thing at their home games but that's 10,000 ppl that are reached with one 10 second announcement.

Reaction Score
#Ha1lState

I know when I was at the game the other night they are announcing it over the loudspeaker to the crowd...I'm sure UConn would do the same thing at their home games but that's 10,000 ppl that are reached with one 10 second announcement.
As much as boneyarders are pulling together to help keep Gabby toward winning this much-deserved award, something “extra” such as the game announcement example is needed if we are going to have a chance to prevail. We need to reach deeper into the student body and UConn alumni!!

Reaction Score
As much as boneyarders are pulling together to help keep Gabby toward winning this much-deserved award, something “extra” such as the game announcement example is needed if we are going to have a chance to prevail. We need to reach deeper into the student body and UConn alumni!!

True.

Also for those who have interest, most browsers will mask repeated votes in many polls if the user opens (usually once per 'session') and (re)uses the new 'incognito' or 'private' window.

The term/capability name varies by browser but they work similarly...not that anyone would actually use this approach to vote multiple times, including the good ol' MS folks ...but they might have someone (or a few thousand...) who know this too.

This is why online polls (especially popularity votes and political stuff) are usually sorta silly and should be ignored by those who seek accuracy/honesty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom