Vital - Kenpom AAC POY (thus far) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vital - Kenpom AAC POY (thus far)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately on losing tends people tend to focus on the negatives of the individual players. If Vital was here during a better era for uconn basketball he'd be beloved.
Maybe......but he wouldn’t be playing nearly as much on most of those teams

Reaction Score
Unfortunately on losing tends people tend to focus on the negatives of the individual players. If Vital was here during a better era for uconn basketball he'd be beloved.
He would be in the role he was recruited to be in, 3 and D guard off the bench.

Reaction Score
All Conference, POY, ROY, DPOY; who cares? Does anyone appreciate that basketball is a TEAM game?

Reaction Score
I can assure you he is beloved. He's a Husky great to me. It takes a strong will to give everything you have for your team and the program, considering everything he's been through in his 4 years here. There is no quit. Everyone wants to rave about the new shiny toy that is Bouknight because he comes in highly rated and he's showing his ability. How about supporting and recognizing the 3 star dog that refuses to quit? Vital has consistently improved his game every year. The senior leader. That's my guy. RESPECT.

Reaction Score
Hopeful that CV will be honored on the 1st or 2nd team this year, he deserves it. Doubtful he will win POY, unless we win out.

Also Bouk should be a lock for Player of the Week tomorrow. Would bet the house on that one.

Reaction Score
Nah, not related at all. Just getting incredible amounts of joy over you losers trashing him for the better part of 4 Years and being wrong.
I love Vital. I just can't remember any post you've ever made about another player or the team in general

You and Vital are the equivalent of FanMan and Clingan

Reaction Score
I think it’s pretty simple. Bouknight is our best player who should have the ball in his hands in late game situations. The go to guy.

Vital is the hardest worker. The lion heart who does the little things. The senior leader. He scores high in all the “hustle” and “leadership” categories. Rebounds, steals and free throws.

But he’s not gonna do what Bouk can do when the game is on the line. He’s not going to be drafted into the NBA. And when faced with overwhelming talent he struggles to score.

I don’t know why I take so much heat for pointing out the truth. Even Hurley doesn’t want Vital to be our go to guy at the end of games and has noticed Vitals bad late game decisions and has gotten on him over it.

People aren’t treating him wrong on here. They’re just stating facts.

I’ve said a million times I think he’s a warrior. But you guys are bloating him up to be something he is not and I don’t like when people try to shove opinions down my throat and if I don’t agree they get mad.

He would likely be behind a lot of our great guys on classic UConn times. He wouldn’t start as a 2 over Ben Gordon, or J Lamb or Napier. Not even sure if he would have started over a guy like Jerome Dyson. Most of these dudes were drafted in the nba and has really really high level talent. So it’s not inaccurate to say he wouldn’t have started. Though he definitely would have gotten plenty of minutes.

I just don’t like you guys telling me he’s up there with those guys when he hasn’t been able to help us to a postseason yet. Let’s see if that changes but as of right now I think you guys are overrating his abilities when you try to place him on our UConn great guards Mount Rushmore

Reaction Score
Huh? What eras would Vital be our starting shooting guard in?
Vital is currently rated as the best player in the conference. If he’s coming off the bench I would assume that means you think our two starting guards would be ranked 1 and 2. Otherwise why are you sitting the best player in the conference?

Reaction Score
Vital is currently rated as the best player in the conference. If he’s coming off the bench I would assume that means you think our two starting guards would be ranked 1 and 2. Otherwise why are you sitting the best player in the conference?
Again, what????
He would be in the role he was recruited to be in, 3 and D guard off the bench.
So our two starting guards in your scenario would be first and second in conference player of the year rankings?
Huh? What eras would Vital be our starting shooting guard in?

Reaction Score
Vital gets ungodly amounts of hate that’s undeserved. Don’t worry, next year I’ll find somebody else to save from the hate.
It’s not hate dude. It’s just reality. Answer this simple question...will Christian vital be drafted or make an NBA team? Or even the D league for that matter?

And if the answer is no he’s already worse than the majority of UConn guards within the last 20 years.

Let’s at least start there

Reaction Score
Again, what????
You think Vital is at best a 6th man.

Vital is currently rated as the best player in the conference.

If you think vital is a 6th man at best, then you think in your scenario where Vital is a 6th man that UConn’s two starting guards would be have to be in the top two of the Conference player if the year rankings.

Otherwise, why would you sit the current POY?

Reaction Score
Are you dense?
This is not going well for you. I hope you're a little kid or a really old man. Try and follow along...

The poster Kemba said in a better era for UConn basketball Vital would be beloved. I reponded saying Vital would be in the role he was recruited to play which is 3 and D guard off the bench. You then went off the rails.

I'll ask again, what are these better eras of UConn basketball where Vital would be our starting shooting guard?

Reaction Score

If you think vital is a 6th man at best, then you think in your scenario where Vital is a 6th man that UConn’s two starting guards would be have to be in the top two of the Conference player if the year rankings.

Again, you're off the rails.

Reaction Score

I try and give you the benefit of the doubt but your takes are just so insane

Reaction Score

You won't even debate or address any of my points. You make selective arguments and call it "hate" when others don't agree with you. This is why I made that very crazy post after Bouk went off against Tulsa. BC you just don't seem to get it. Was hoping that would be the nail in the coffin but you still won't stop w this crap

Reaction Score
And Vital not only outplayed Cumberland (who I called the best player in the conference) on the offensive end, but shut him down on defense as well. One hell of an effort from the senior leader today. His defense down the stretch in regulation and in overtime with 4 fouls was insane. There is no questioning his ability or his heart.

It was clear Vital desperately wanted to get the better of Cumberland today. You could see 4 years of frustration coming out.

He dominated him today. It was awesome to see.

(Bouk also took him to school multiple times which was also awesome).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom