Villanova Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Villanova Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A few rebounds? Anna lead the team in rebounds tonight.

9 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal

And she would have had a few more assists if the recipients didn’t miss the bunny...

While she didn’t have the shooting night that we all want (and she’s not off to the start we wish she would be), she’s not just standing around twiddling her thumbs.
While Anna was not scoring, she moved without the ball, opened the floor for others, played defense, rebounded, etc. Most teams would love to have this level of performance.

Reaction Score
Isn't it funny how we BY-ers have come to love and depend on Edwards so much so soon?
I think everyone on this board has soft spots for UConn’s Canadian players. They’re so sweet and smiley off the court, but on the court they are the UConn enforcers. Kia with her lockdown defense and now Aaliyah with her physicality inside. Gotta love their effort and skills!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think everyone on this board has soft spots for UConn’s Canadian players. They’re so sweet and smiley off the court, but on the court they are the UConn enforcers. Kia with her lockdown defense and now Aaliyah with her physicality inside. Gotta love their effort and skills!
Don’t forget Kelly “Schuie” Schumacher. Born in Cincinnati but moved to Canada as a child.

Reaction Score
She needs to shoot more. She looks to pass as soon as ball gets in her hands. But the rest of her game was good.
And she can't score off the dribble or create her own plays but Geno likes her..enuff said.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Little stuff I noticed;

Liv rarely converts after contact. I was hoping with the added strength that would improve.

I wish Paige would quit falling forward on her foul shots. She made them all tonight but overall would be more consistent if she went straight up.

Backside or weak side rebounding in the zone has to get better. Unfortunately, Evina was the main culprit of not boxing out from her low spot on the zone. Anna got pulled in the first half because she didn't do it.

It is weird that Aubrey only plays at the most 7 or 8 minute spurts. Does she fatigue?

Speaking of Aubrey, it was interesting watching her on the high post against a zone. She hesitates a little but if a big tries to guard her, Aubrey has a great chance to take her to the basket.

Reaction Score
For me, Evina was the star of the night just doing everything.

Really happy that Chrystin and Liv are being consistent and acting like mature players.

Paige's game is sort of an enigma to me right now. There were stretches tonight when I wasn't sure she was on the floor and Evina was the PG. Then there were stretches where she was everywhere. The 19 pts seem to come out of nowhere.

The whole game I kept thinking if Aaliyah was healthy, they could have had way over 100. Villanova is paint challenged.

Reaction Score
Little stuff I noticed;

Liv rarely converts after contact. I was hoping with the added strength that would improve.

I wish Paige would quit falling forward on her foul shots. She made them all tonight but overall would be more consistent if she went straight up.

Backside or weak side rebounding in the zone has to get better. Unfortunately, Evina was the main culprit of not boxing out from her low spot on the zone. Anna got pulled in the first half because she didn't do it.

It is weird that Aubrey only plays at the most 7 or 8 minute spurts. Does she fatigue?

Speaking of Aubrey, it was interesting watching her on the high post against a zone. She hesitates a little but if a big tries to guard her, Aubrey has a great chance to take her to the basket.
I feel like Aubrey and Mir get mental fatigue which is why I think they play in short spurts. It isn't physical.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My old eyes may be failing me but live it looked like the Nova player that got fouled by Mir in Nova's backcourt (almost under our basket) got the call by doing an exaggerated backwards flop in front of the trailing ref.

Something to look at tomorrow when I watch the replay.

Reaction Score
BTW-I was watching Autumn and you know she may be tiny but she knows what's going on. She was where she was supposed to be on defense and she kept the offense moving. I think she is a really good player trapped in that tiny body.

Reaction Score
it really says something when a freshman like Bueckers has a disappointing game with a 19/5/6 stat line...........as for her shot, I think she's got a bad finger and might be hitting the first freshman wall a bit...........I wouldn't be surprised with a 30 plus point scoring extravaganza coming soon.......

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Liv was on pace to have a field day (7/9 fg) 19 points in 23 minutes, well on her way to a 30+ point game. But she took a short cut to gramma’s house, and got in foul trouble along the way. She sat for 17 minutes. If she stays on the floor, the mov would have been much larger.

Reaction Score
Yes..she scored 3 points in 35 minutes so there is that.

There are like 8 players on this team that can score in double figures. Not everyone will score in double figures in a game.

It's so Boneyard that the most posts are about the one player who didn't score much (but did other things well) and ignoring the great games of every other player who took the court. Or the fact we put up 90 with Anna only scoring 3 pts (and no Edwards/Muhl).

Reaction Score
I’m sorry if Anna is not going to hit 3’s I don’t understand why she stays in. Some say she rebounds and passes well. Well AG adds that too and can guard anyone in the game. She has great chemistry with Liv and Paige and brings a defensive intensity and takes some pressure rebounding off Liv. Right now I’d rather see her over Anna.
Hopefully when AE is back Anna's minutes will be reduced.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Odd that Liv has played just over 110 minutes in five games or 22 per. Some of it has been foul trouble but a lot less than the other juniors and Paige.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My takeaway: I didn't see any travel calls. I'm wondering whether the officials in tonight's game were lax, the officials in the last game made the walks up, or Geno put the fear of "Jesus Mary and Joseph" in them.

Just kidding about that. Partly.

I loved Westbrook's game tonight. She always seemed to be doing the right thing at the right time. Liked the halftime adjustments. This team really seems to take halftime coaching well.

Reaction Score
My old eyes may be failing me but live it looked like the Nova player that got fouled by Mir in Nova's backcourt (almost under our basket) got the call by doing an exaggerated backwards flop in front of the trailing ref.

Something to look at tomorrow when I watch the replay.

I totally agree it was flops all over the place. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom