Vanderbilt | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
Shea Ralph's post-game press conference after Auburn game. Skip to 3:20 mark if you don't want to hear player remarks.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Sigh. A missed layup at the end to tie the game, but a good batted back from a horrid 4Q. Missouri beats Vandy 65-63. I'm betting some good film opportunities for Shea & staff.
Well now. I saw a comment online that said the end of the Mizzou game helped Vandy with end of game pressure. Nothing like a little film session to show players what's needed, and even better when they execute.
1705673195819.png

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Watch Princeton play some time. Carla Berube is also a Husky, from the first National Championship team. Carla or Shea would be okey-Dokey with me
I would prefer what Alabama just did in replacing Saban. If CD really retires with Geno (CD is my preference for the subsequent 5 years as she is younger), then UConn needs to avoid Geno's tree and hire the best available head coach. I wish Shea and Carla well but the overwhelming evidence on his tree's lack of success has me greatly worried.

Reaction Score
Vandy has only won one time in Knoxville in 37 tries. I'm convinced that game is what finally cost Holly Warlick her job at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Vols led almost all the first half, but Vandy rallied to tie it going to the locker room. I remember we were tied with them at the half last season in Knoxville but wound up losing by 27.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This news has been posted elsewhere on the site, but I had to make sure it was also part of the Vandy thread. I think this can be considered a major recruiting victory for coach Ralph.

No doubt, especially if she develops under Shea and ends up heading to the WNBA. it would be a game changer for Vanderbilt and their future recruiting classes.

I've said this in the past, I think, but thank you for your updates regarding Coach Ralph and Vanderbilt. She's one of ours so I love hearing about how the program is developing under her.

Reaction Score
Shea doing work...lol. Seriously, though, she does look to be in phenomenal shape. Well, everything except her knees. She's got a little hitch in her giddyup, but she still manages.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It should be a fun game on Sunday at the CLA; it's already sold out.

Reaction Score
I’m struggling to understand how Vandy at SCar has sold out. Tennessee has not. UConn has understandably sold out. I am unaware of any special promotions for Vandy game and they are not know. As having a fanbase that travels well. It’s just a curious happening.

Love ‘ya Vandy but not Sunday.

Reaction Score
I’m struggling to understand how Vandy at SCar has sold out. Tennessee has not. UConn has understandably sold out. I am unaware of any special promotions for Vandy game and they are not know. As having a fanbase that travels well. It’s just a curious happening.

Could it be that more casual fans are misled by Vandy's record? Believe me, the Dores in no way have the talent level to compete with South Carolina. Few teams do. Well, I think they will compete, but I don't see any way they can keep it close.

It's the little things that give the Gamecocks the edge. You know...size, speed, quickness, overall athleticism, depth and pure talent....those little things. :eek:

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think Vandy is sold out because of time proximity. The UT game isn't until 3/3, so people aren't thinking about it yet. I checked ticket sites and the only tickets available are resales.

Reaction Score
Horn, will you be in Knoxville for the UT game? Maybe we can get Maple to join us in Knoxville, if you're there...I'll be there...

Reaction Score

My guess would be that TN fans are disillusioned/disinterested due to several years of mediocrity. Meanwhile Vandy’s progress from last year is trending upwards (especially with the newest recruit commitment).

I doubt any Vandy fan really thinks the team can compete equally against SC (as of right now), but it’s more fun to support a program that looks like it’s going places than a once great program that seems to be stagnant.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Horn, will you be in Knoxville for the UT game? Maybe we can get Maple to join us in Knoxville, if you're there...I'll be there...
Probably not; I'm in the midst of selling my house and moving. I want to get everything out of the way before the SEC and NCAA Tournaments.

Reaction Score
Probably not; I'm in the midst of selling my house and moving. I want to get everything out of the way before the SEC and NCAA Tournaments.
Well maybe we can meet in Greenville at the tournament and have a drink, on me!!!

Reaction Score
My guess would be that TN fans are disillusioned/disinterested due to several years of mediocrity. Meanwhile Vandy’s progress from last year is trending upwards (especially with the newest recruit commitment).

I doubt any Vandy fan really thinks the team can compete equally against SC (as of right now), but it’s more fun to support a program that looks like it’s going places than a once great program that seems to be stagnant.
I typically pull for teams in South Carolina and Tennessee to do well. I'm pulling for Vandy to do well, certainly not beat Carolina, and make the NCAA tournament (along with Belmont, Memphis, East TN State, Chattanooga, Furman, Wofford, Charleston, Coastal Carolina, etc. you get the drift)...

Reaction Score
Coach Ralph's Alabama postgame. Team is really struggling with how to close out games.

Thursday's Ole Miss postgame. A lot of the same themes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think that Shea is on the verge of finally getting p....d off.
Can't say I blame her. They are 4-5 in the SEC but could realistically be 8-1. Only South Carolina was an obvious mismatch. (LSU is coming up)

• Vandy led by double digits in the second half vs. Missouri and lost by two.
  • It was a one-point game with just over three minutes left at Tennessee, then the Lady Vols went on an 8-0 run to win by nine.
  • Ole Miss won by six in Nashville. Vandy missed 10 free throws.
  • Vandy led Alabama by nine at the half and by six after three quarters, but a 14-0 Bama run totally flipped the game.
  • Even several of the games they won earlier in the year turned into dog fights at the end because the Commodores couldn't close the show.

So, as you can see, there is a recurring problem here. They just struggle to close out games. If they learn that, things could be fun.

Reaction Score
Can't tell you how much I admire Jordyn Cambridge. After three knee surgeries and an achilles surgery, she has obviously lost some speed and quickness, but she just continues to grind. She can't even completely straighten one of her legs. My favorite Vandy women's player ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom