Vanderbilt | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not sure. Every SEC team that has finished 8-8 in conference play has made the NCAA tourney, no exceptions. I've heard announcers say it over and over the past few weeks. If Vandy, now 7-7, loses its last two games, I don't think they would deserve a tourney bid. Otherwise, I like their chances.

SEC Standings
South Carolina 14-0
LSU 11-3
Ole Miss 10-4
Tennessee 9-5
Alabama 8-6
Vanderbilt 7-7
Mississippi State 7-7
Texas A&M 6-8
Arkansas 6-8
Auburn 6-8
Florida 5-9
Kentucky 4-10
Georgia 3-11
Missouri 2-12
The last 2 SEC games for the Dores are @Missouri 2-12 and home vs Georgia 3-11. They better win both games and finish at 9-7.
I am sure they will.

Reaction Score
Shea Ralph coach's show from Monday night. I always love to hear her talk basketball.

Click the link
Click on Commodore Hour at the top of the list
Fast forward to 7:50 mark for the start of the interview

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
GM @YoDore - Vandy has locked up the 6th seed for the SEC tourney and will play the winner of the 11-14 game. As of today, that's FL or Missouri. FL has UA and AU left, and Missouri has Ole Miss, Vandy, and Miss St.

Reaction Score
GM @YoDore - Vandy has locked up the 6th seed for the SEC tourney and will play the winner of the 11-14 game. As of today, that's FL or Missouri. FL has UA and AU left, and Missouri has Ole Miss, Vandy, and Miss St.
Yes. I couldn't be prouder of coach Ralph and her players. The team still has some obvious weaknesses, particularly on the offensive end. but they've managed to win ugly.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Huh? Vandy does have the 6th seed locked up but there is only 1 game left for all the teams on the SEC schedule so you lost me on your last piece about Florida has UA and AU. Florida only hosts Auburn and Missouri visits MSU and also in the mix as the 11 seed is Arkansas who is at Ole Miss.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Huh? Vandy does have the 6th seed locked up but there is only 1 game left for all the teams on the SEC schedule so you lost me on your last piece about Florida has UA and AU. Florida only hosts Auburn and Missouri visits MSU and also in the mix as the 11 seed is Arkansas who is at Ole Miss.
Yeah. I had an old FL page up that hadn't refreshed and saw the last two games.

Reaction Score
Georgia postgame remarks. The first six minutes are the two seniors. Shea's remarks start at 6:15. I love my coach. :D

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Amazing regular season for Vandy, lots to be proud of for Ralph and team. Hope they tear up the SEC Tournament.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
For you, @YoDore - the preseason predictions, yours, and actual final standings. I think you had a better feel for the league than the coaches. Go 'Dores!
1709560430821.jpeg

Reaction Score

This was based off of last year. And to not take into consideration how many starters went down with season ending injuries, that would come back this year.

Reaction Score
Coach Ralph's weekly press conference.

Coach Ralph speaks like a true Husky alum, and I am truly happy for her and her team’s success as they move forward. I also love the fact that she’s imparting some of “the UConn Way” into her student athletes’ lives.

Also, thanks @YoDore for sharing this video.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for Shea and Vandy! They went thru that 5 game losing streak against the 5 teams ahead of them in the SEC. But other than that, had a great season. Hope they go far in the SEC, spring an upset, and make the big dance!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Vandy gets in the NCAA tournament...no doubt about it and certainly over Auburn and A&M....

Go Carolina!!! Go Vandy!!!!
Vandy's resume is slightly better than A&M's but probably not quite as good as Auburn's IMO. Not everything is about the conference standings.

Auburn has a much higher quality win (LSU) than anything Vandy has, and also played a tougher SEC schedule (playing LSU, Bama and A&M twice each, compared to Tennessee, Missouri and Georgia).

Creme has Auburn as one of the last four byes, Vandy as one of last four in, and A&M as the first team out. When you stack up their significant wins and losses against each other, you can see why.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom