Vanderbilt | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
Vandy up 10 at the half, but Kentucky made its last five shots.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
16-1 and 3-0
1705024594020.png

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As a reminder, in the previous regime's 5 years, the most wins in any one season was 14! So Shea has already beaten that total twice in her 2+ years. The previous coach was also 46-83 while Shea is 44-39 so this is truly inspiring. Go SHEA!

Reaction Score
Vandy and Princeton play a lot like UConn
I know that. Vandy also has a crazy court that’s hard for opponents to play on. That’s why I’m glad we play them at home. They will be hard enough to beat. I’m well aware of what Shea has done. I Knew they’d be in the mix sooner rather than later.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Sigh. A missed layup at the end to tie the game, but a good batted back from a horrid 4Q. Missouri beats Vandy 65-63. I'm betting some good film opportunities for Shea & staff.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Do you guys think Shea would be your fans' choice to replace Geno when he decides to retire?

Last edited:

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Do you guys thing Shea would be your fans' choice to replace Geno when he decides to retire?
Honestly, I'm thinking Shea is living a coaches dream. It's her program with a University fully behind the women's basketball program. Also, as I understand it they are building a state of the art arena and basketball facility. And she has time to put it together.

Any coach coming after Geno & CD will have an up hill climb with the fans expectations. Being a former assistant I think would be brutal.

Go Coach Ralph

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm thinking Shea is living a coaches dream. It's her program with a University fully behind the women's basketball program. Also, as I understand it they are building a state of the art arena and basketball facility. And she has time to put it together.

Any coach coming after Geno & CD will have an up hill climb with the fans expectations. Being a former assistant I think would be brutal.

Go Coach Ralph
I was trying to get a feel for who your fans want. I know you don't want Geno to retire, but we all have to, eventually.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How is Oliver doing this season?

Go Coach Ralph

Are they really?? :eek:

Reaction Score
Weather related. This sucks. Will be lucky if they get 1,000 people there in the middle of a weekday afternoon when people are at work and many students are still in class. Game on SEC+.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think Shea would be your fans' choice to replace Geno when he decides to retire?
Although Shea has been great, I think I would pick Carla Berube - if we could only pick from UConn alumni. Mostly because she has more experience being a head coach and has a long proven track record of success (17 years at D3 Tufts with a record of 384–96, now recently 81-15 with D1 Princeton). Plus, she was on UConn's first NC winning team. So it's a combination of success and history and I think that would be attractive to fans and recruits alike.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a team coached by all UConn alumni. :)

I think Shea is comfortable at Vandy right now and is very invested in improving the program. Maybe in a couple of years and if she can get Vandy to a high level, things might change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom