Vanderbilt | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
Jordyn Cambridge, who is Vandy's all-everything player, was only on the floor 23 minutes and fouled out with 8:49 left in the game. Jordyn Oliver moved up from her forward position and took care of most of the ball handing in the fourth quarter. She's been extremely valuable to this team.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Jordyn Cambridge, who is Vandy's all-everything player, was only on the floor 23 minutes and fouled out with 9:30 left in the game. Jordyn Oliver moved up from her forward position and took care of most of the ball handing in the fourth quarter. She's been extremely valuable to this team.
Wow. Beyond amazing that Vandy got the win despite Cambridge's foul trouble and early exit.

Reaction Score
Nice win for Vandy (hate it was at our expense). Shea is doing good things so far.
I fell in love with Jerkaila Jordan last night. I had heard about her but had no idea how good she is.

Reaction Score
Following last night's win, Charlie Creme bumped Vandy up to a nine seed in his bracketology and heading the list of last-four byes. Meaningless at this time of year? Maybe. Probably. But, it's exciting if you're a long-suffering Vandy fan, so, let us enjoy it, please. ;)

"Vanderbilt is a bright spot for the SEC. Picked to finish last, the Commodores beat Mississippi State and are 14-1. As a No. 9, they have reached their highest Bracketology seed since a No. 7 in mid-February 2014. That was the last year Vanderbilt made the field."---Charlie Creme

Reaction Score
I fell in love with Jerkaila Jordan last night. I had heard about her but had no idea how good she is.
Congratulations to Vanderbilt on the win. It was an overall better performance in most every aspect. Unfortunately my Bulldogs couldn’t seem to get any consistent rhythm or solidify their respective roles. Vanderbilt looked very comfortable in their sets and flow of the game.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Lord have mercy, I aged more than I can afford during this game. Just an ugly grinder. Defense was stellar. Offense, not so much.

I get you, however you cannot teach end of game pressure, so there will be a lot that Shea can work with on this one. I appreciate that I could watch it on my laptop. The benches at the ends of the court still messes me up though. :D

Reaction Score
Would Shea be the first former UConn assistant to get ranked if Vandy can get the votes?

Reaction Score
"We came here to win"---Shea Ralph

Last edited:

Jim

Reaction Score
No Carla at Princeton has been ranked
No, Carla played for Geno but was never an assistant coach under him. It is true Carla’s Tigers were ranked before Shea’s ‘Dores, but Carla isn’t part of Geno’s coaching tree.

Reaction Score
No, Carla played for Geno but was never an assistant coach under him. It is true Carla’s Tigers were ranked before Shea’s ‘Dores, but Carla isn’t part of Geno’s coaching tree.
Correct I read it to quick

Reaction Score
Pretty much a moot point this week, anyway. Vandy didn't quite make the AP poll but is first among others receiving votes with 38.

Reaction Score
Tonight's game in Lexington will be a tough one. Kentucky is 8-8 but has won four of the last five, and the one loss was in Knoxville Sunday when they led by 17 in the first half and by 10 at the break before pretty much folding in the second half. Kyra Elzy appeared to be on thin ice early in the season, but a double-digit win over Arkansas and the game at UT showed she has the Wildcats competitive in conference play. She has adopted a frantic style of play with full-court pressure and a race horse pace on offense. We're not just talking playing fast, they fly up and down the court.

Vandy has to find a way to reduce the turnovers. Teams seem to be concentrating on keeping the ball out of Jordyn Cambridge's hands in the press, and that pretty much forces Jordyn Oliver away from the wing to handle the ball more. Iyana Moore is a major contributor to the team's success, but ball handling is not among her strengths. I'm sure the coaches have spent a lot of time working on the press break this week, and they're good at what they do.

LSU transfer Ajae Petty is the key player for the Cats along with Maddie Scherr. Overall, the team is not good beyond the arc (28 percent) though they do get streaky hot from time to time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom