Valdir Manuel (JUCO) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Valdir Manuel (JUCO)

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Much easier to get behind Manuel than Issanza or Coleman. Hopefully this gets done

Reaction Score
Because he might not be any good. And having both may hinder recruitment of a better big next year. It does by scholarship count at a minimum. I'm not opposed to it. I want to win now, not twos years out. This guy is probably our best bet. But I think the staff is weighing these things.
Can’t buy the argument that he might not be any good and it hindering recruiting.

Reaction Score
Looked up a few quick video's and saw some highlights vs Nazir. He has some things to like for sure and he's 2 years older so no need to dwell on the things he needs to improve upon (defensive motor in that game for sure) but I'm in. Nice size, similar to Carlton in many ways as he's close to the floor often but probably more athletic overall. 3 years works as I see him getting to be a nice piece if he listens and learns on both ends.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I get the sense we’re working with him behind the scenes to get him academically eligible. He just makes too much sense. Im hoping that is why we didn’t offer Issanza and we arent going after Coleman harder.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I get the sense we’re working with him behind the scenes to get him academically eligible. He just makes too much sense. Im hoping that is why we didn’t offer Issanza and we arent going after Coleman harder.
We offered Coleman last week, what do you mean “we aren’t going after him harder”? You’re just trying to think this into existence

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Only if he commits. If he commits elsewhere, then we never offered nor wanted him.

I will say, in this day and age, if an offer isn’t announced on social media....was it even offered?

Reaction Score
Working on it
Which means
9tOl.gif

Reaction Score
Anyone who can perform at a high level in the same role, at the same college, as one of our championship centers from the recent glory days will be fine with me. Hopefully the blood lines have been explained to him along with how things turned out here for Chuck.

If there's a grades issue, just start a new program without classes or exams and open it up to all students, something all can handle, like Adjacent Urinal High Pressure Spray Deflection Angle Studies. Chief can be the moderator. Or maybe find the guy from Syracuse who must have had 300 pounds of pressure in his bladder when he got between me and a friend at the Dome in the early 80's. Luckily we were just leaving but the ones that jumped into our places, before noticing, got "hosed". Now that I think of it, maybe it was Chief at an away game.

UconnU

Reaction Score
We offered Coleman last week, what do you mean “we aren’t going after him harder”? You’re just trying to think this into existence
I have reason to believe we’re not actively recruiting Coleman. I’m not even 100% sure about the offer.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I like this guy a lot for what we need. Serious defensive chops, rebounds, won’t embarrass himself offensively. Literally does not get in the way of any recruiting.

I think this is the guy.
I do too and I trust Hurley on this one this kid is well scouted by staff playing prep ball in northern jersey, being a former Hurley target in high school. JUCO all American as a freshman. Sign this kid up and let’s get to work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom