UVA to Big Ten - not happening | The Boneyard

UVA to Big Ten - not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Friend of mine on the board of UVA. No talks between the Big Ten and them.

Reaction Score
A friend of mine was driving to Myrtle Beach yesterday and said that he did not see one UVA to the B1G billboard. There is no way this is happening.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
more white flag....acc in our future.booohoooo

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No offense, but its possible that your friend feels as if he has a fiduciary responsibility to the university that could preclude him from telling you the truth. I know that's the case with a buddy of mine who is a regent at another university.

Reaction Score
At what level is your friend on the board?

Is he in the inner sanctum?

Most boards are run with concentric rings like the Masons. A lot of decisions are made among 2 or 3 big heads, then offered to an executive committee that rubber stamps them, before the committee chair tells the rest of the BOT how they are to vote.

Not to mention the fact that the UVa Pres. has a contentious relationship with the BOT at UVa. (especially with the prima donna), and would likely not pass anything onto them immediately.

Reaction Score
I believe MD's board did not find out until the day before the voting. B1G negotiations are done in secret. I doubt they will leak the info even to board members until the deal is about done.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If the ACC is the sleeping with the prom queen, we're currently getting hand jobs from a vagrant down by the river.

A prom queen would do nicely right now, thank you.

Hell, I'd even settle for the vagrant hand job! Right now, it's starting to look like the vagrant might take off early because he's restructuring his tv contract...:confused:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'd settle for the vagrant being a female

That's asking for a lot....but hey, we're down by the river, so we've got that going for us...

Reaction Score
more white flag....acc in our future.booohoooo
After seeing the husky mascot getting shocked in the ER in your picture, which is a great sign of our times, I can only hope that our new husky logo has some remblance of Johnathan. He looks great and I think UConn's marketing department is due for good improvement one of these days.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
After seeing the husky mascot getting shocked in the ER in your picture, which is a great sign of our times, I can only hope that our new husky logo has some remblance of Johnathan. He looks great and I think UConn's marketing department is due for good improvement one of these days.

thats all biff(stick:p). he did a nice job on it. came from a thread earlier in the week led by dan97s fnny post at some point

#B1GRESUSCITATE

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Unless UVA guarantees UNC goes along with it to B1G then the B1G has no interest. The don't bring anything that the B1G doesn't already have. Also UVA does not make or break ACC stability. The B1Gs real prize is GA tech and UNC. This UVA and UConn to B1G is a pipe dream. It adds nothing they don't already have.

We are basically going to be playing in the old big east just under the ACC banner. That's inevitable.

Reaction Score
Unless UVA guarantees UNC goes along with it to B1G then the B1G has no interest. The don't bring anything that the B1G doesn't already have. Also UVA does not make or break ACC stability. The B1Gs real prize is GA tech and UNC. This UVA and UConn to B1G is a pipe dream. It adds nothing they don't already have.

We are basically going to be playing in the old big east just under the ACC banner. That's inevitable.
How is Georgia Tech a "prize"?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Atlanta market. This about cable dollars. Recruiting opens up to fertile Georgia and Florida. And academics are inline. Don't be so shortsighted.

Reaction Score
Atlanta market. This about cable dollars. Recruiting opens up to fertile Georgia and Florida. And academics are inline. Don't be so shortsighted.
Don't be so cocky. Other than the last two reasons, UGA clearly dominates Atlanta. By far.

Reaction Score
Friend of mine on the board of UVA. No talks between the Big Ten and them.
You should change the title of this post to "
UVA to Big Ten - not happening Today".

When Maryland went the BOT didn't know until the last minute.

Reaction Score
And will all of these Atlanta receive the BTN on basic cable? Do you think that the start of the SEC network might make cable operators in atlanta area think twuce (a million times, really) about adding btn to extended basic for 365 days a year northern sports' content? Do you think delany wants to get into a territorial fight in georgia? (where does the sec hold its championship game?) I'm glad you used atlanta households because no way, no shape does ga become a footprint city, never mind footprint state.

Ga Tech if maryland reporter who broke the md to big ten story were to be believed wanted into the big ten. However, delany went north with rutgers. Do you think that delany is going to leave the athletic department of rutgers as the only carrot to get penetration into nyc?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Don't be so cocky. Other than the last two reasons, UGA clearly dominates Atlanta. By far.
It's about TV dollars just being in the market. Rutgers doesn't dominate NYC but will bring TV dollars.

I'm not being cocky. Just being the rational.

Reaction Score
It's about TV dollars just being in the market. Rutgers doesn't dominate NYC but will bring TV dollars.

I'm not being cocky. Just being the rational.
It's Rutgers' affiliation with other B1G schools that might create interest in NYC. Atlanta may have transplants, but that's about as far as the B1G's market there will likely go. And GT fans. You think southerners would want to watch a "yankee" conference? The SEC vs the B1G is almost like a civil war.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
And will all of these Atlanta receive the BTN on basic cable? Do you think that the start of the SEC network might make cable operators in atlanta area think twuce (a million times, really) about adding btn to extended basic for 365 days a year northern sports' content? Do you think delany wants to get into a territorial fight in georgia? (where does the sec hold its championship game?) I'm glad you used atlanta households because no way, no shape does ga become a footprint city, never mind footprint state.

I think the B1G and SEC networks can coexist in the same market. If your a GA tech fan your going to make sure you can watch your team. That's what B1G is counting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom