USA U16 National Team Game Info | The Boneyard

USA U16 National Team Game Info

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Boston led the team with 17 pt / 9 rbs.
Brunelle with 13, Clark with 11, Beuckers and Watson with 10 each.

Cooke, Taylor, Horston, Brunelle and Boston started.

Reaction Score
USA Mexico underway.....Boston has missed at least 7 layups in the first quarter on offensive rebounds.........Mexico and US trading 3's.....Bueckers just came in and hit her first shot.........should be a blowout if US plays even OK

Reaction Score
14-13 USA after one quarter......USA not taking advantage of height or skills....must be shooting 30% for the quarter.....Mexico guard hits 3 three's doesn't look like she can even reach the basket

Reaction Score
USA finally decided to play some defense, Horston two straight steals assisting on Buecker's layups off of the full court press......USA up 13

Reaction Score
47-28 USA pulling away until end of second quarter...........Brunelle playing well at both ends a couple of 3's some nice drives and follow ups......they moved Belibi inside on defense and she dominated on the boards with a couple of blocked shots.........you don't need to see her dunk to know she can sky........my new favorite, Paige Bueckers playing her usual smart floor game....I think she has eight or ten points a couple of steals, an assist and a couple of rebounds all in about 6 minutes of play.........I don't think she's missed a shot so far in Argentina......

Reaction Score
47-28 USA pulling away until end of second quarter......Brunelle playing well at both ends a couple of 3's some nice drives and follow ups.they moved Belibi inside on defense and she dominated on the boards with a couple of blocked shots....you don't need to see her dunk to know she can sky...my new favorite, Paige Bueckers playing her usual smart floor game....I think she has eight or ten points a couple of steals, an assist and a couple of rebounds all in about 6 minutes of play....I don't think she's missed a shot so far in Argentina.
Love this kid (Bueckers)! at her young age she shows a lot of the things UConn is looking for...it's clear that she is a great teammate, got a good shot and a great feel for passing.

Reaction Score
USA 73 Mexico 31 at the end of the 3rd quarter. USA is on a 26-4 run. This game may be slipping away from Mexico.

Reaction Score
USA up 73-31.........so far I have learned that Sam Brunelle is the only player on the team who consistently makes her foul shots.......Belibi makes every shot she takes look like an adventure but surprisingly they often go in.........Clark can shoot three's............Boston can rebound and block shots but can't make a layup and most importantly if Geno doesn't get to spend four years tutoring Paige Bueckers it should be a Federal crime.......

Reaction Score
Final: USA 100 Mexico 37
USA showcased their strengths in the second half, limiting Mexico to 10 points. Samantha Brunelle made a very good case for her status as the #1 pick for 2019.

Reaction Score
USA wins 100-37 I think........Brunelle gets MVP for this game......hit at least 3 or 4 three's and made a variety of other shots, rebounded and played well defensively.......you can see she is clearly the team leader......whole team picked it up in the second half.........USA plays Puerto Rico next which shouldn't be much of a test as they have lost to both the teams the USA has crushed...............

Reaction Score
Both Columbia and Mexico defeated Puerto Rico by double digits, so I think it's
fair to say that the US is going to the semifinals.

Reaction Score
Bueckers does 2 things already better than most college players, down court passing and Making layups. Those long passes hit players in perfectly in stride.

I believe she could start for most college teams right now............would love to see her outside shooting a bit but I can tell she is always looking for the best available shot on the court........I simply can't imagine how good she could be in three years when she is stronger and quicker..........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boston can have a similar career to Charles at UConn with padding her rebounding states from rebounding her own misses :)

You're right............she must have had 6-8 offensive rebounds just off of her own missed layups in this game.......finally got one to go in later in the game

Reaction Score
Box score

United States of America v Mexico - 8 Jun - FIBA.com

Brunelle led the scoring with 18 pts on 6-16 shooting while Bueckers was second with 15 on 7-7 shooting.

Bueckers also led the US with 5 steals and a 24 efficincy in 18:45. She also missed her first shot of the tournament, going 1-2 from the line.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I believe she could start for most college teams right now..would love to see her outside shooting a bit but I can tell she is always looking for the best available shot on the court...I simply can't imagine how good she could be in three years when she is stronger and quicker.....

Bueckers shot over 50% from three this year at Hopkins.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I believe she could start for most college teams right now..

Was thinking about this the other day and I'm not sure you are wrong. A truly special player. Have to think if she played just about anywhere other than Minnesota we'd be hearing about her like we did Stewart, Griner, Taurasi, etc.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Watched both games on YouTube and gotta say this team looks really good. Carla Berube may coach them to gold.
Favorite players to watch so far are Brunelle and Bueckers. Samantha has a nice stroke all the way out to the 3pt line and Bueckers is just fun to watch.

Aliyah Boston looks like a woman among girls. She didn't have a great shooting game today but she is really good as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom