USA U16 National Team Game Info | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USA U16 National Team Game Info

Reaction Score
USA just too much for Argentina........no ball handling once #14 left the game and it has become turnover city...........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hard to judge the quality of play from the US when the opponent turns the ball over 40 times.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I just got around to watching the first half of the game vs Puerto Rico. Man, was that ugly. It looked like an SEC game. The worst shooting half vs an international opponent I've ever seen. Then I watched the second half.

Boy-o.

I'm going to watch the Argentina game tomorrow, but I don't expect this team to suddenly become sharp shooters overnight. Defensively and offensively the effort is always there. That's a big plus. These are all very young women so all of this can change next week. But.

None of the bigs have shown me any good footwork inside. Almost everyone either shoots off rhythm, wrong footed, or off balance. Sam has nice form but hardly ever seems in rhythm. Clark seems to shoot with good form, but either shoot or pass. You can't do both. I don't know what to think about Horston. Fudd has nice quickness. Bueckers seems to run hot and cold, but has nice form. Bueckers also plays the passing lanes well. Cooke has a nice little handle. No one else really jumps off the screen. Their shooting percentage numbers aren't that bad, but their midrange percentage seems to me to be atrocious. All in all, none of their wins have been pretty. They'd have trouble against a team with length that spreads the floor, not necessary quick, and that shoots well from outside and rebounds. Also small quick penetrating guards would give them fits. Like many Euro teams.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It's going to be ugly more times than not. They're 15-yo girls, and ones who haven't played together before which doesn't help.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's going to be ugly more times than not. They're 15-yo girls, and ones who haven't played together before which doesn't help.
The truth has never been better spoken.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hmmm, someone else is a fan of Paige Bueckers:

No one has surprised me on our team compared to training camp, but I love seeing Paige Bueckers play. She’s an amazing player. She hustles and gets after it. We call her the ‘Bucket Getter.’ The whole team is playing great as one, but she’s one of the girls who really stands out to me.

Samantha Brunelle blog: Early wins, staying on track and who she loves watching

Reaction Score
My Spanish is very spotty but I still get more game information from this announcer than any US wcbb announcer. Sticks with the play, announces every substitution, in or out and every foul and who it is called on. And still finds time during stoppages in play to comment on replays.

I'd bet he has done a lot of radio calls.

Even with my almost non-existent Spanish, the announcer is a lot of fun to listen to. He really enjoys the sport, and it's contagious!

Reaction Score
Haven't been real impressed by this team. Perhaps it's just that they're really young. But haven't seen a real emerging superstar. Exception is Boston, who is going to be a beast in NCAA, and later in WNBA. A can't miss. Cooke has shown moments of flash and talent. Otherwise....

Reaction Score
I just got around to watching the first half of the game vs Puerto Rico. Man, was that ugly. It looked like an SEC game. The worst shooting half vs an international opponent
None of the bigs have shown me any good footwork inside. Almost everyone either shoots off rhythm, wrong footed, or off balance. Sam has nice form but hardly ever seems in rhythm. would give them fits. Like many Euro teams.

Boston's footwork needs improvement but I think Watson's footwork is actually one of her greatest attributes...........unlike Boston who never seems to be comfortable going to the basket especially while being guarded, Watson's feet are really quick and allow her to be incredibly effective shooting down low.....I haven't looked at her shooting percentage but I would bet it's way above 50%

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here are the team stats through four games..if I'm reading them correctly Watson is shooting .833 for the tournament....

Watson really only takes shots when she's in a great position which is why she has just 12 attempts so far, fewest on the team. I like her upside quite a bit. She appears to be a mobile 4. Would fit in great at UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Good to see real fans in the stands, even if they were rooting against USA. The game itself was a real hard watch at times; sorta like 7 year olds with a soccer ball. However, the USA team kept its composure and ground Argentina down. ARG had 36 points FOREVER! Gotta disagree with Fairfield - lots of future college talent out there. Hopefully 2 or 3 or 4 will end up in Husky Blue.

Reaction Score
Watson really only takes shots when she's in a great position which is why she has just 12 attempts so far, fewest on the team. I like her upside quite a bit. She appears to be a mobile 4. Would fit in great at UConn.

Watson is re...ally being underutilized.........she's quick enough to cover all but the point guard, she can shoot from the outside and she can handle the ball..........I think Horston is getting the extra minutes that Watson should be receiving...........it would be fun to see Boston, Watson, Bueckers, Brunelle and Fudd on the court at the same time...........

Reaction Score
Haven't been real impressed by this team. Perhaps it's just that they're really young. But haven't seen a real emerging superstar. Exception is Boston, who is going to be a beast in NCAA, and later in WNBA. A can't miss. Cooke has shown moments of flash and talent. Otherwise....

The killer B's(Boston, Bueckers, and Brunelle) have really shown to be the premiere players on the team. Just so happens that UConn is recruiting all of them.

Reaction Score
Gold Medal Game USA vs Canada

Canada not a great shooting team from two or the three......don't shoot fouls all that well.......they do rebound the ball, are fairly athletic and play some tough D......USA should win going away if the play their game and shoot over 40% from the field

13 Bryn An Masikewich - 15/10.5
4 Sarah Te-Biasu - 9.5/5
10 Ailiah Edwards - 9.5/5
9 Donna Ntembue - 9/5.3
12 Merisah Russell - 7.5/5.8

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA has the superior players and I believe lead 27 -21 end of 1st quarter. Canada playing better team ball . Miller made a 3 as the shot clock was expiring, not sure if it counted or not. Wish USA had better PG play in this game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Better Ball Movement and Defense by Team USA now lead 42-25 2:45 left in the half

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA held Canada to 4 points in 2nd Quarter, while scoring 23. Lead at the half 50-25

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom