Unbeatens | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Unbeatens

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is a Tulane sponsored tournament in which they are 42-5 lifetime.
Do those 5 losses include yesterday's loss to Texas Southern?

Reaction Score
Do those 5 losses include yesterday's loss to Texas Southern?
I think so. It was figure given in pregame analysis, so it is now 42-6, as CU wins 62-52. The real fun begins in the New Year when the brutal PAC-12 schedule begins. CU was picked to finish 12th, I pick them at 7th.

Reaction Score
Today:

UCLA @ Indiana
Stanford @ Texas
Florida St @ Michigan
Kansas @ St. Louis
ULM @ Texas Tech
Oklahoma vs. UCONN

A few of these are predicted to be close.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Today:

UCLA @ Indiana
Stanford @ Texas
Florida St @ Michigan
Kansas @ St. Louis
ULM @ Texas Tech
Oklahoma vs. UCONN

A few of these are predicted to be close.
I do think UCLA will lose at Indiana.

Florida State-Michigan is on a neutral court in Uncasville. That should be a good game.

Reaction Score

Florida State-Michigan is on a neutral court in Uncasville. That should be a good game.
I don’t.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas-Stanford has upset possibilities. Slim but possible.
I mean, if Texas could uncharacteristically rain 3-pointers, kinda like Cal Baptist did, "there's a chance."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Texas-Stanford has upset possibilities. Slim but possible.
I mean, if Texas could uncharacteristically rain 3-pointers, kinda like Cal Baptist did, "there's a chance."
The one aspect of this game that makes it potentially interesting is that Stanford hasn’t played anyone of note on the road yet this season. All of their quality wins were at home in Palo Alto. TX is the best team Stanford has faced on the road this season by far.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The one aspect of this game that makes it potentially interesting is that Stanford hasn’t played anyone of note on the road yet this season. All of their quality wins were at home in Palo Alto. TX is the best team Stanford has faced on the road this season by far.
Stanford did beat Syracuse and Mississippi State on a neutral court. but yes, their only true road game thus far has been at San Francisco.

This has been an unusual Stanford OOC schedule in that regard, as they almost always play tough true road games earlier in the season as part of home-and-away series. It just so happens that their games against both Tennessee and Gonzaga were at home this year. Last year, of course, both those games were on the road. And two years ago, they opened the season at Ohio State (where they got blown out) and on Dec. 3 got destroyed at Baylor. That 2017-18 Stanford team looked a hot mess early on.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stanford did beat Syracuse and Mississippi State on a neutral court. but yes, their only true road game thus far has been at San Francisco.

This has been an unusual Stanford OOC schedule in that regard, as they almost always play tough true road games earlier in the season as part of home-and-away series. It just so happens that their games against both Tennessee and Gonzaga were at home this year. Last year, of course, both those games were on the road. And two years ago, they opened the season at Ohio State (where they got blown out) and on Dec. 3 got destroyed at Baylor. That 2017-18 Stanford team looked a hot mess early on.
It would have been an even more interesting game today if the TX student body turned out in force to root for the Longhorns at home in Austin. But I suspect that most TX students have completed finals and are now home for the holidays.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

I am headed there now and will advise. While I like Sue, I am rooting for Michigan!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford looking like they forgot to set their alarm clocks this morning. Ugly start for the 'Furd, Texas taking advantage.

Reaction Score
In their 1st tough road test of the season, Stanford goes down to TX, 69-64. Charli Collier with a monster game for the Longhorns. I wonder who might be #1 when the polls come out tomorrow. :rolleyes:
UConn fans know the answer to that question. Oregon #2. Oregon State #3.

Texas entered the game 6-4 with a loss to Hawaii on its resume.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Kansas is unbeaten? On the line today, trailing St. Louis by 4 early in Q3.

Reaction Score
As I said, I predicted a UCLA victory and I saw Texas with a chance at the upset at home, partly because, as a fan of Colorado as well as UConn, I watch a lot of PAC-12 basketball, and thought UCLA better than any Big Ten team and that Stanford was more than vulnerable, just as I think that old “fraud” unbeaten Colorado (11-0) is a lot better than people thought—unbeaten now, they could, however, still lose 10 games because it’s the PAC-12, baby! I am looking forward to Stanford/Colorado game just to hear announcers say “Stanford’s Pretzel is guarding Colorado’s Peanut.” Pronounced that way, if spelled differently.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kansas is going to survive in OT. St. Louis missed opportunities near the end of regulation and went completely ice cold, went something like 0 for 12 FG in the last 6 minutes.

Kansas will complete its OOC schedule against Wofford (cough cough) on Dec. 30. What will be their first loss?

1/4 at Oklahoma State
1/8 vs. West Virginia
1/12 at TCU
1/15 vs. Baylor

Reaction Score
OOPS
Texas ended Stanford's unbeaten run. 10 9 unbeaten at this moment
Team
Wins
Arizona​
11​
Colorado​
11​
Connecticut​
10​
Florida St​
12​
Kansas​
10​
NC State​
11​
Oregon St​
11​
Texas Tech​
10​
UCLA​
11​

Reaction Score
OOPS
Team
Wins
Arizona​
11​
Colorado​
11​
Connecticut​
10​
Florida St​
12​
Kansas​
10​
NC State​
11​
Oregon St​
11​
Texas Tech​
10​
UCLA​
11​
Scheduling has a great deal to say about non-conference (unless you’re in AAC) unbeaten streaks but winning is winning. Three of the unbeaten are in PAC-12. The circular firing squad begins after Christmas.

Reaction Score
Scheduling has a great deal to say about non-conference (unless you’re in AAC) unbeaten streaks but winning is winning. Three of the unbeaten are in PAC-12. The circular firing squad begins after Christmas.

I have to give FSU credit for beatng three who were in yesterday's top 25.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom