UMass signals CUSA | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UMass signals CUSA

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
132/133
Deceptive and not true. We are like 122 at ESPN and that will go up as long as we take care of business the next two weeks. Also, you are the one who says we are far better than during the Edsall years (when we were in a conference).

Reaction Score
Neither will having 6-7 guaranteed losses each season.
Unfortunately, it will take one more year of pummeling as an indy to change opinions. Have to run the table on home ‘24 schedule to have a winning season. And that schedule will not draw a single 30k crowd. Then the blame will be on someone (likely the AD) for not raising a big enough pot of NIL money after a 2 or 3-win season. The indy beatings will continue until morale improves.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, it will take one more year of pummeling as an indy to change opinions. Have to run the table on home ‘24 schedule to have a winning season. And that schedule will not draw a single 30k crowd. Then the blame will be on someone (likely the AD) for not raising a big enough pot of NIL money after a 2 or 3-win season. The indy beatings will continue until morale improves.

We’re set for beatdowns through 2027/28

It’s pretty hopeless

Reaction Score
Deceptive and not true. We are like 122 at ESPN and that will go up as long as we take care of business the next two weeks. Also, you are the one who says we are far better than during the Edsall years (when we were in a conference).

Yeah because 122 is so much better than 132.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
How can you drop down when you are 132/133? And you are only better than Kent State?
We are better than about 20 teams between the MAC and CUSA and the bottom end of the other three G5 leagues. You and I both know this. You have even admitted this team is much better than the 2017-2019 squads.

Reaction Score
We are better than about 20 teams between the MAC and CUSA and the bottom end of the other three G5 leagues. You and I both know this. You have even admitted this team is much better than the 2017-2019 squads.

You don't know that.

132/133

Reaction Score
We’re 5 years ahead of Umass, and we had the benefit of being a BCS school for a few seasons.

Our current position is similar, but the overall program, facilities, and coaching staff at UConn are ahead of Umass.

And yet our trajectories are identical.

Facilities matter very little in the NIL era.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to raise more NIL opportunities for players. If they do, then the crappy stadium 40 minutes from campus and the soft fan base and lack of a conference affiliation won't matter. Joining the MAC or CUSA is not going to move the NIL needle at all.

You know what else doesn't move the needle, NIL or otherwise?

Beatdowns against P4 schools that schedule us because it's an automatic win and doesn't count as FCS.

Just doing the same old same old will yield the same results.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
That’s so much better. What a world of difference! Indy is working!
Better than the AAC. You know, a conference where we would not geographically aligned.

Reaction Score
Better than the AAC. You know, a conference where we would not geographically aligned.

132/133

It’s been like that since going Indy.

And we would have stayed in the AAC for football if they let us. Fact.

Get it together.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You know what else doesn't move the needle, NIL or otherwise?

Beatdowns against P4 schools that schedule us because it's an automatic win and doesn't count as FCS.

Just doing the same old same old will yield the same results.

The same old Zoo schtick of complaining with no solution. Yawn.

Reaction Score
Indy or P2-4. Somebody has to figure out Indy before we see P+/-3

Foolish statement. Until we see a massive infusion of NIL money we won’t see success with THIS Indy schedule.

Maybe if we lightened the load a little it would be better.

Otherwise this is just a self inflicted gunshot wound year after year.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Shizzle, I love your UConn enthusiasm, seriously.

Geography means jack squat now considering both the BIG and ACC expanded to the West Coast. ACC is the best fit culturally and geographically, but they clearly don't want us. MAC is close enough to be contiguous with CT, but many fans don't want affliation with it cuz it would be "dropping down". Man alive, we're towards the near bottom of FBS!! We can't be picky and have to get off our high horse.

Who is looking at our schedule and saying "damn, I wanna be at UConn cuz they play Pitt?" We have to play teams we have a chance at being competitive. Our BB, hockey, and baseball are able to hang with other teams, our football can't right now, doesn't mean it should always be that way. Even with wins against UMass or SHU, I doubt we climb higher than 120. @ZooCougar keeps writing 132/133 cuz that's our reality. I hate it, but that number is real. Indy schedule is interesting, don't get me wrong, but it's doing nothing for the program.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I’ve proposed plenty. Enjoy the beatdowns and complaining about them.

@nelsonmuntz was close.

Your schtick is:

You: nonsense
Everyone: dude you're not even close
You: <insert insult>

Otherwise this is just a self inflicted gunshot wound year after year.

To use your analogy: Being an indy is like being in front of a drunk firing squad every year. They might hit, but they'll likely just hit the bottle (again). Further consolidation is the sobering up that would need to happen to make it a problem.

Joining the MAC or CUSA is the self-inflicted shot you're thinking of. It's basically over at that point.

Reaction Score
@nelsonmuntz was close.

Your schtick is:

You: nonsense
Everyone: dude you're not even close
You: <insert insult>

To use your analogy: Being an indy is like being in front of a drunk firing squad every year. They might hit, but they'll likely just hit the bottle (again). Further consolidation is the sobering up that would need to happen to make it a problem.

Joining the MAC or CUSA is the self-inflicted shot you're thinking of. It's basically over at that point.

I didn’t insult him. You’re unhinged.

Look at our talent level. Look at the future schedules.

Dark days ahead. I am so much more right than you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Geography means jack squat now considering both the BIG and ACC expanded to the West Coast. ACC is the best fit culturally and geographically, but they clearly don't want us. MAC is close enough to be contiguous with CT, but many fans don't want affliation with it cuz it would be "dropping down". Man alive, we're towards the near bottom of FBS!! We can't be picky and have to get off our high horse.

Who is looking at our schedule and saying "damn, I wanna be at UConn cuz they play Pitt?" We have to play teams we have a chance at being competitive. Our BB, hockey, and baseball are able to hang with other teams, our football can't right now, doesn't mean it should always be that way. Even with wins against UMass or SHU, I doubt we climb higher than 120. @ZooCougar keeps writing 132/133 cuz that's our reality. I hate it, but that number is real. Indy schedule is interesting, don't get me wrong, but it's doing nothing for the program.
That number is real, but no more real than it was when we were in the AAC, and no more real than it would be if we decided to join the MAC.

I find it astounding that this dead horse continues to be beaten. At this point it really must be indistinguishable from the bloodsoaked ground around it.

Reaction Score
Well, if we do join a conference, it looks like we'll have games you could use. Your full year 2026 is a light schedule year, so that looks pretty good. The Missouri home and home and the completion Miss St 2 for 1 are probably out for 2024 and don't we want to give up Boston College, but anything is possible. Actuall 2024 is an issue with 5 MAC games but we do have Georgia and Iowa in 2025.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
That number is real, but no more real than it was when we were in the AAC, and no more real than it would be if we decided to join the MAC.

I find it astounding that this dead horse continues to be beaten. At this point it really must be indistinguishable from the bloodsoaked ground around it.
Exactly. We were probably dead last in 2018, while being members of the AAC. And that was with more revenue and normal game times.

Reaction Score
Just being in a conference doesn’t do anything.

But at least the program has something called opportunity. More opportunities to win games, more opportunities to go to better bowls, more opportunities for players and coaches to show that they have been successful.

Barring a G5 membership we should AT LEAST pivot to an Indy schedule that is more forgiving. Because we will not be able to compete against good Power conference teams. One or two is fine. But this team has no business playing 3-4 Top 25 teams every season. That’s just shooting yourself in the nuts on purpose. Nobody cares if we play a weak schedule.

Right now what good position coach or OC would want to be here and risk their reputation? They could work their tail off and still look like a failure.

It’s insanity to continue on this path.

Reaction Score

UConn: Come here, we play Pitt and Ole Miss

What recruits hear: Come get your butt kicked with us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom