UMass signals CUSA | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UMass signals CUSA

Reaction Score
UMass Beat Army and New Mexico State
Army beat Air Force
Air Force leads the MW and beat Navy, Colorado State, Utah State, San Jose State, San Diego State, Wyoming

UConn is not UMass

Reaction Score
Actually, we are not. Look at UMass football schedules. Tell me how many P4 teams are going to Amherst. If we join the MAC with UMass then we would be them.

I doesn’t matter if they come here. It’s not helping with recruiting and the attendance still isn’t anything to be impressed by.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
LOL, we are them. Would you really be surprised if UMASS beat us this year? How about we join the MAC and become the current Toledo team, do you think that would be doable given we have a much better brand and infrastructure? Why is freaking Toledo outperforming us?
Newsflash: not independence. No it would not be. We would be going 4-8 against a bad schedule with worse recruiting playing in front of 12k announced fans.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
UMass Beat Army and New Mexico State
Army beat Air Force
Air Force leads the MW and beat Navy, Colorado State, Utah State, San Jose State, San Diego State, Wyoming

UConn is not UMass
Transitive property is useless.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I doesn’t matter if they come here. It’s not helping with recruiting and the attendance still isn’t anything to be impressed by.
We got 36k for NC State and 30k for Duke. The three G5 opponents were around 20-21k each. Our recruiting would be worse in the MAC or CUSA.

Reaction Score
Until i read this thread I didnt realize that the reason UConn FB is 1-8 is because of the conference/non-conference it's in.
It has nothing to do with coaching, recruiting, skill level, effort.

Who knew?

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
We got 36k for NC State and 30k for Duke. The three G5 opponents were around 20-21k each. Our recruiting would be worse in the MAC or CUSA.

Facts seem to elude those who are pushing this hardest.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Facts seem to elude those who are pushing this hardest.
They know the facts. They don’t care. They are giving up freedom for a little more security.

Reaction Score

*tickets distributed

The stadium seats 38,000. You can’t tell me with a straight face that there were more only 2000 empty seats.

Reaction Score
They know the facts. They don’t care. They are giving up freedom for a little more security.

You’re giving up reality to chase windmills Don Quixote.

I don’t expect you to know who that is.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
*tickets distributed

The stadium seats 38,000. You can’t tell me with a straight face that there were more only 2000 empty seats.
When we get an announced attendance of 12k for MAC games and actual 7k in the seats….

shizzle787

Reaction Score
You’re giving up reality to chase windmills Don Quixote.

I don’t expect you to know who that is.
I do. Reality is perception. Playing in the MAC is perceived worse than playing an indie schedule with 4-5 P4 opponents. People hated AAC opponents. Now you think they are going ti like MAC opponents.

Reaction Score
People hated AAC opponents. Now you think they are going ti like MAC opponents.
People care about winning. If were winning, opponent does not really matter and its much easier to win in MAC/CUSA

shizzle787

Reaction Score
People care about winning. If were winning, opponent does not really matter and its much easier to win in MAC/CUSA
I don't know why people assume we are just going to run through those leagues.

Reaction Score
Everyone is conveniently forgetting we are favored in our last two games. 3-9 as an indie is better than 5-7 in the MAC. It’s no different than a 26-win Missouri Valley team needing to win Arch Madness because their schedule is weaker.

This is insane.

Winning 3 games against rice umass and sacred heart is not better than 5-7 in the mac. You don’t get credit for having good teams on your schedule if you can’t beat them or in most cases come close

shizzle787

Reaction Score
This is insane.

Winning 3 games against rice umass and sacred heart is not better than 5-7 in the mac. You don’t get credit for having good teams on your schedule if you can’t beat them or in most cases come close
Does a 3-9 UConn beat a 5-7 MAC team? The answer is yes.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Uhhh
UMass took Miami (OH) to overtime. Miami (OH) is the 2nd best team in the MAC so yes I think we would beat a 5-7 MAC team. For as bad as we have been this year, the bottom half of the MAC is a sewer.

Reaction Score
Until i read this thread I didnt realize that the reason UConn FB is 1-8 is because of the conference/non-conference it's in.
It has nothing to do with coaching, recruiting, skill level, effort.

Who knew?
Looking outward for blame is always easier than looking inward
You can’t win without players and you can’t get players I don’t care who the head coach is , without an expanded effort at recruiting which requires a team of professionals to identify and evaluate which requires an investment In a competent staff. .

Reaction Score
UMass took Miami (OH) to overtime. Miami (OH) is the 2nd best team in the MAC so yes I think we would beat a 5-7 MAC team. For as bad as we have been this year, the bottom half of the MAC is a sewer.
Yeah and UMass also beat Army. And UConn beat Rice.

Buffalo & W Michigan are about 5-7 teams.
Of the 83 ratings in the Massey composite, only 1 or 2 have UConn ranked above either.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Shizz

Shizz - we are not a priority to scheduling if those teams suddenly say, “we need to play another conference game the week we are supposed to go to East Hartford”. - we are screwed.
Exactly right! We may have schedules for the next several years, but with conference expansion, and UConn on the outside looking in, I expect multiple games on our schedule to be withdrawn. The argument of who we're playing isn't as strong as others would like to make it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the MAC if they’ll have us. We can play the weeknight games on the new soccer field or EO Smith for students only if “no one would go” No one has gone to a game since NC State

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom