UMass signals CUSA | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UMass signals CUSA

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1) Neither the MAC or CUSA options will help our financial situation at all. If anything, it's likely a step down, on just that line level.
MAC gets 672k/school for ALL sports.
CUSA gets 800k
...what percentage would we get for football only? At best, it's a wash with our ~500k from CBSSN.

2) I challenge you on midweek games. We've seen the impact of even Labor Day weekend weeknight games, and it's not a stretch to say that a random Tuesday or Wednesday in November would be even worse, probably much worse.

Both of these conferences, knowing that literally nobody cares, or is watching them, went to midweek games to appease gambling desires, and grab empty TV windows. You guys really want to hitch to those ships?
Let’s see how many show up for a 1-9 team vs Sacred Heart on a Saturday before we’re too concerned with Toledo on a Wednesday

Reaction Score
In football we are. There is very little distinction. Maybe in your head it’s not the same but outside of UConn fandom there is very little difference.
We’re 5 years ahead of Umass, and we had the benefit of being a BCS school for a few seasons.

Our current position is similar, but the overall program, facilities, and coaching staff at UConn are ahead of Umass.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IMG_0129.jpeg

Western Michigan not bothered by a Tuesday game. I do think a MAC move and eventual 25-30000 seat on campus stadium is the only way football survives. I also think if Big12 bball only was offered and wasn’t accepted Benedict should be fired.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
View attachment 92850
Western Michigan not bothered by a Tuesday game. I do think a MAC move and eventual 25-30000 seat on campus stadium is the only way football survives. I also think if Big12 bball only was offered and wasn’t accepted Benedict should be fired.
Three hot takes in one post. Nice.

Reaction Score
Until UConn leadership commits itself to winning in football, these debates are a waste of time.

Since the demise of BE Football, this program has basically been run as cheaply as possible. The HCRE 2.0 years prove that.

I think there is merit to building a foundation from which the program can be built upon. If the leadership was willing to use its advantages in dominating a G5 league for the next 7 years, become one of the better G5 programs, get fans juiced, and become a winner, it could work.

My concern with moving to a conference is whether UConn would actually compete there. It did not compete in AAC. And then what? Just moving to CUSA or MAC or Sunbelt isn’t a lock on winning.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Much like your arguments based on fiction and fantasy.
Lol you are the one arguing on your projection that we will struggle going forward as an indie.

Reaction Score
Lol you are the one arguing on your projection that we will struggle going forward as an indie.

132/133

Can’t struggle worse than that.

You were better when you were inventing crappy fictional conferences for us to join.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
132/133

Can’t struggle worse than that.

You were better when you were inventing crappy fictional conferences for us to join.
It’s one year and the year isn’t over yet. We just went to a bowl game last year.

Reaction Score
It’s one year and the year isn’t over yet. We just went to a bowl game last year.

As did like 80 something other teams.

Stop acting like it’s some sort of achievement.

132/133

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I do. Reality is perception. Playing in the MAC is perceived worse than playing an indie schedule with 4-5 P4 opponents. People hated AAC opponents. Now you think they are going ti like MAC opponents.
There won’t be any P4 P5 opponents to play. Only Ivies and CT D1AA. Case closed Shiz

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn needs to raise more NIL opportunities for players. If they do, then the crappy stadium 40 minutes from campus and the soft fan base and lack of a conference affiliation won't matter. Joining the MAC or CUSA is not going to move the NIL needle at all.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
UConn needs to raise more NIL opportunities for players. If they do, then the crappy stadium 40 minutes from campus and the soft fan base and lack of a conference affiliation won't matter. Joining the MAC or CUSA is not going to move the NIL needle at all.
It would actually probably take it in the wrong direction as the program could lose some major donors if we drop down to the MAC or CUSA.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
"drop down" - LOL
When you go from playing 4 P4 opponents a year to 1 in the MAC or CUSA, you are dropping your SOS and standards. It's like dropping from the A-10 in basketball to the ASUN.

Reaction Score

Neither will having 6-7 guaranteed losses each season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny

Top Bottom