UMass Freshman Package Jarreau and Gresham Transferring | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UMass Freshman Package Jarreau and Gresham Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Right. That just sounds dumb. Why would anyone even consider going to a team where they didn't get along with the coach?

Or why would he have been up to Storrs so often his he was put off by the guy in charge. Make no sense.

Pops is driving the bus here, everything else is supposition.

Reaction Score
I was about to bemoan the fact that Creighton has a recruiting podcast and we don't. But if this is the standard for quality of info, I'm glad for that.

I should clarify, it was not a recruiting podcast rather a podcast that had a recruiting focus as opposed to more generally on all things MBB related. The podcast is no different than the ones UConn fans currently enjoy from A Dime Back, The UConn Blog, or the Hartford Courant except these guys feel the need to go an hour to an hour and a half in length for reasons unknown to the common man. As a podcast junkie and someone that listens to all 3 UConn podcasts we have it pretty good.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I should clarify, it was not a recruiting podcast rather a podcast that had a recruiting focus as opposed to more generally on all things MBB related. The podcast is no different than the ones UConn fans currently enjoy from A Dime Back, The UConn Blog, or the Hartford Courant except these guys feel the need to go an hour to an hour and a half in length for reasons unknown to the common man. As a podcast junkie and someone that listens to all 3 UConn podcasts we have it pretty good.

Ahhh OK, I thought it was like those common w SEC Football and the like. That's better.

Reaction Score
DeJon Jarreau now following Creighton Basketball & Coach McDermott and Gresham following Creighton Basketball on Twitter. Assuming that's the move that would put Creighton out of scholarships and out of the running for Tremont (no schollies left & log jam at point long term).

I will add Gresham does follow Jalen Adams FWIW

Reaction Score
DeJon Jarreau now following Creighton Basketball & Coach McDermott and Gresham following Creighton Basketball on Twitter. Assuming that's the move that would put Creighton out of scholarships and out of the running for Tremont (no schollies left & log jam at point long term).

I will add Gresham does follow Jalen Adams FWIW
Seems like Creighton lives off transfers

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Well now we know the new recruiting pitch..."Come to UConn and Rock Out!"

UConn: “I know how they let you rock out and play your game as long as you play defense. I know they did a good job with Jalen Adams throughout his past year so it looks like they do a good job with point guards. I have been talking to Kevin Ollie. They are real cool.”

Reaction Score
Would we take these 2 next week knowing they sit out a year? Or do we hold the spots open until some of the incoming frosh we're recruiting decide one way or the other?

Reaction Score
Would we take these 2 next week knowing they sit out a year? Or do we hold the spots open until some of the incoming frosh we're recruiting decide one way or the other?
I would think we take them. We've got Adams, CV, Gilbert, and Anderson?(grad transfer). That's 2 more guards than we had available to play last year. I think we've got to take what we can get. We can't afford to delay a commitment, and then swing and miss on both this pair AND Waters.

Reaction Score
So would we hold out hope that Tremont ends up here before allowing these 2 to sign? I know the better one is a guard, and we need some bigs still.

Part of me says get kids who want to come here and play and get them now, especially if one is a PF at least because we need bodies, but the thought of Tremont added to the backcourt stable is enticing
We don't need bigs. We need bigs who have an impact.

Reaction Score
I thought we were off their lists looooong ago.. still don't think they come here, but I'm intrigued..

Reaction Score
Well now we know the new recruiting pitch..."Come to UConn and Rock Out!"

UConn: “I know how they let you rock out and play your game as long as you play defense. I know they did a good job with Jalen Adams throughout his past year so it looks like they do a good job with point guards. I have been talking to Kevin Ollie. They are real cool.”

So this quote and Whaley's about how we are uptempo, etc. What game tape are these kids watching? From my vantage point, the last three years we have been one of the most boring, predictable, and painful offensive teams to watch.

Reaction Score
So this quote and Whaley's about how we are uptempo, etc. What game tape are these kids watching? From my vantage point, the last three years we have been one of the most boring, predictable, and painful offensive teams to watch.

Pretty much because we can't rebound and throw an outlet pass of any kind. Hopefully these new "kids" and Cobb can do one or both better than the last few years.

Reaction Score
Pretty much because we can't rebound and throw an outlet pass of any kind. Hopefully these new "kids" and Cobb can do one or both better than the last few years.

Agreed... I just find it odd that recruits somehow think that we are this uptempo team. I'm sure someone will chime in with the stats, but our tempo rating was I think in the low 200s, high 300s. There are, of course, reasons for that. But we haven't run consistently (despite what KO has said and will say in his breakfast speech) in a long, long time.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Agreed... I just find it odd that recruits somehow think that we are this uptempo team. I'm sure someone will chime in with the stats, but our tempo rating was I think in the low 200s, high 300s. There are, of course, reasons for that. But we haven't run consistently (despite what KO has said and will say in his breakfast speech) in a long, long time.

Purvis' ferocious fast break dunks probably are the only thing helping us out here. lol

Reaction Score
I'd rather wait on Waters/Wilson and/or save for 2018 than take these UMass castoffs. Seem like decent players, but with Chillious we need to be shooting a little higher for 2018 and beyond.

Reaction Score
I'd rather wait on Waters/Wilson and/or save for 2018 than take these UMass castoffs. Seem like decent players, but with Chillious we need to be shooting a little higher for 2018 and beyond.

Tough call. Not sure if you saw Jarreau play but the kid, while an inconsistent freshman, oozes talet and potential. Not as sure on Gresham as I didn't see enough to see him all that much but sounds like he can play too. Wait for both bet both, lose one get one or lose both? Or take the package if offered for 2018-19? Not easy, Diallo comes to mind too much.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Tough call. Not sure if you saw Jarreau play but the kid, while an inconsistent freshman, oozes talet and potential. Not as sure on Gresham as I didn't see enough to see him all that much but sounds like he can play too. Wait for both bet both, lose one get one or lose both? Or take the package if offered for 2018-19? Not easy, Diallo comes to mind too much.

Bird in the hand. We've got a bunch of schollies anyway, with no guarantee to fill them (waters/wilson). Plus, we might open up 2-3 more next year.

Reaction Score
Bird in the hand. We've got a bunch of schollies anyway, with no guarantee to fill them (waters/wilson). Plus, we might open up 2-3 more next year.

Bunch of schollies? I wouldn't say that anymore...we have 3 left currently and if we give 2 to these guys, wouldn't have room for both Waters and Wilson. Waters and Wilson can help this year....need to prioritize them.

Reaction Score
Bunch of schollies? I wouldn't say that anymore...we have 3 left currently and if we give 2 to these guys, wouldn't have room for both Waters and Wilson. Waters and Wilson can help this year....need to prioritize them.

Prioritize on Wilson for sure, the other is a luxury but one without a clue. Again this is why I say tough choice, would like the kid but he makes Diallo's recruitment a joy. 2 solid kids with 3 years and experience as well as a year to grow into the system with the team? Tough to say NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom