UEFA Euro Championship 2024 | The Boneyard

UEFA Euro Championship 2024

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The Euros are almost upon us. Who does everybody like to take home the championship?

England is the favorite, but I am not confident they will not choke once again.

As always my rooting interest will be behind Italy and Portugal. I was in Portugal for the 2016 championship when Portugal won, great experience, and would love to see Ronaldo get another on his way out the door. As an Azzurri homer I like their chances for any major championship they qualify for, but something tells me this will be Germany's year.

Reaction Score
Rooting for France (home of my ancestors), Italy (home of my wife’s ancestors), and Denmark (visited and loved it there). Let the matches begin!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Can't stand Portugal, but they look like they have a nice team. England thinks their team is good, we'll see. Group B looks tough with Spain, Italy and Croatia.

Always like the Euros. Not so sure about FOX having them though.

Also the CopaAmerica starts a week after. Lots of Football this summer.

Reaction Score
Coming home status: It’s

Gimme ENG. I don’t know if a POR v ENG final is possible but I’d rather see that than ENG v FRA !

I’d love for Belgium to do well.

Golden Boot prediction: Olivier Giroud
Best young player: Jamal Musiala

IMG_4705.jpeg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Coming home status: It’s

Gimme ENG. I don’t know if a POR v ENG final is possible but I’d rather see that than ENG v FRA !

I’d love for Belgium to do well.

Golden Boot prediction: Olivier Giroud
Best young player: Jamal Musiala

View attachment 101416
Hmmm, maybe I'm off about Portugal. But with the players they have...seems like they would be a good team. (of course with the players the USA has, they should be a lot better too. :rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
France has so much firepower and individual creativity. England has Saka and Foden who can make a similar impact on the ball, who else?
I'm going with France

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I would love a repeat performance from Italy, though I doubt it will pan out in their favor. Still, I will be rooting hard for gli Azzurri and hope that France, England, and Spain fail early.

Reaction Score
Very open tournament. Normally Germany hosting indicates semifinal minimum. Might still be the case.

arch

Reaction Score
France has so much firepower and individual creativity. England has Saka and Foden who can make a similar impact on the ball, who else?
I'm going with France

Reaction Score
For England Harry Kane is dual-hatted as a generational striker and world class attacking playmaker. Also Trent Alexander-Arnold has to start. Midfield or right back I don’t really care lol get him in.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Rooting for Poland. Think France will take it.

Reaction Score
Going to enjoy watching the matches; the atmosphere is always excellent here. Unfortunately Ireland didn't make it so I guess I gotta go with Germany. Although it's always nice to see them melt down when they're eliminated. :D

I usually like to grab an underdog to root for in the knockouts...

Reaction Score
Years ago I was in England talking with a Welsh friend, who when asked his rooting interest in that year's Euros replied, "Abe".

"Who is Abe"? I replied.

"Anybody But England".

Reaction Score
Going to enjoy watching the matches; the atmosphere is always excellent here. Unfortunately Ireland didn't make it so I guess I gotta go with Germany. Although it's always nice to see them melt down when they're eliminated. :D

I usually like to grab an underdog to root for in the knockouts...
How’s the atmosphere in the host country? Early days for this tourney but it just doesn’t feel as strong as World Cup 2006.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Spain playing the beautiful game today.
Seriously. Had stuff to do so couldn't watch the whole match, but for the 20-25 minutes I watched, seemed like Croatia was defending the entire time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Watched Italy today. Typical match, solid defense, not too impressive on offense but control the ball.

Missed Germany on Friday. Asked my German boss about the squad. They had to replace nearly everyone from the strong teams a decade again. France and England have the most taken. Surprised nobody here has mentioned Bellingham for England. The D and goaltending are a question but they are loaded with attackers.

Curious to see if Spain’s young guys show out. I’ll root for England, Germany and Portugal in that order.

Reaction Score
Big fan of Jude Bellingham. Bundesliga player of the year @19. La Liga player of the year @20. Neutrals might already be tired of hearing about him though :eek:

Anywhoo, Albanian supporters breaking the pasta in front of Italian supporters pre-match (LOL) is the best thing I’ve seen so far with this tournament. And I’ll give Danny Carvajal a shout as well.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
What a terrible start to the game. Awful decision by Dimarco and even more decisive indecision by Bastoni to leave Donnarumma on an island, but Italy turned it around.

Loved the interaction pregame between Albanian fans and Italian fans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What a terrible start to the game. Awful decision by Dimarco and even more decisive indecision by Bastoni to leave Donnarumma on an island, but Italy turned it around.

Loved the interaction pregame between Albanian fans and Italian fans.
That was a crazy start.

Reaction Score
The European Championship is sooo much better than the World Cup. While it does not include the best from South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia), we don’t get the dregs from Asia, Oceania, Africa, Concacaf, et al.

Reaction Score
How’s the atmosphere in the host country? Early days for this tourney but it just doesn’t feel as strong as World Cup 2006.
Kind of subdued. Mostly watch parties as the weather has been dismal which kind of killed public viewing.
The World up is usually a much bigger deal than the EM.

Like someone said before, this is a new team so we really aren't sure what t expect. Good Start, though...

Reaction Score
IMG_4808.jpeg

I would move TAA to right back against DEN but that ain’t happening with Walker there. Shaw in for Trippier and if the left side of the attack still looks iffy then Foden out by the 3rd game.

shrug

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
View attachment 101734

I would move TAA to right back against DEN but that ain’t happening with Walker there. Shaw in for Trippier and if the left side of the attack still looks iffy then Foden out by the 3rd game.

shrug
Yeah, not sure TAA really worked in that midfield. Folden and Kane had very quiet games too. Bellingham looked real good. Saka was dangerous whenever they could get him the ball.

With Trippier and TAA in there, they didn't make much of their set-ball pieces.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wygyschk

Top Bottom