UEFA Euro Championship 2024 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UEFA Euro Championship 2024

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Last minute (or quite literally last several seconds of stoppage time) for Italy to equalize against Croatia and advance to the next round. I'm glad they move on, but this team is still playing horridly.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Last minute (or quite literally last several seconds of stoppage time) for Italy to equalize against Croatia and advance to the next round. I'm glad they move on, but this team is still playing horridly.
It has been extremely disappointing, but now it is knockout round and ugly can advance.

Reaction Score
I love world caliber football, but never knowing when a game will end sucks.

KryHavok

Reaction Score
What a gut punch for Modric
He's a good player, and I do feel for him. Was watching the game with my son and saw Modric biting his shirt as the game was about to end. You could sense his anticipation/fear. I really wish Croatia had beaten France in the World Cup final a few years ago... That wild have given him a great trophy and shock the world that a small European country child upstage a larger one.

Reaction Score
Poland v France. Wow. Lewandowski very lucky retaking pk because keeper came off line. Same approach. Scores off post. 1-1 with 10 remaining

Reaction Score
How is england this boring with Saka Foden Kane Bellingham? They fool me every tournament

Reaction Score
Is there a team more boring to watch than the USA? England, with its leaky defense, wayward passes, and passive offence.

Reaction Score
Poland v France. Wow. Lewandowski very lucky retaking pk because keeper came off line. Same approach. Scores off post. 1-1 with 10 remaining
Not lucky. Keeper had a huge (illegal) advantage jumping the line. Break the rules, suffer the consequences.

Reaction Score
Not lucky. Keeper had a huge (illegal) advantage jumping the line. Break the rules, suffer the consequences.
It wasn't a huge advantage, the keeper's back foot barely came off the line just before the kick. Lewandoski stuttered and almost stopped twice. By the time he kicked the ball he was basically standing still and didn't have too much on it. The keeper made a very good save. Somewhat lucky on the second shot because Lewandoski took the same stutter approach to the same side and the keeper guessed right both times. The ball bounced off the post and in, saving him from missing the shot twice. I don't think he meant to cut it that close.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It wasn't a huge advantage, the keeper's back foot barely came off the line just before the kick. Lewandoski stuttered and almost stopped twice. By the time he kicked the ball he was basically standing still and didn't have too much on it. The keeper made a very good save. Somewhat lucky on the second shot because Lewandoski took the same stutter approach to the same side and the keeper guessed right both times. The ball bounced off the post and in, saving him from missing the shot twice. I don't think he meant to cut it that close.
Interestingly, watched a Mass Tournament of Champions Semi-Final this last weekend that ended in a PK (KFTM) shootout. The Ref (or rather the AR I think), called 3 GK infractions (coming off the line too early). Twice a GK had saved the shot and the retake was good. On the last one, the kicker shot about 10 feet over the bar. Got a second chance and buried it to win. Other teams parents were not happy. But the Ref/AR had been calling it against both teams.

Caveat, neither teams GK were the regular GK. One team had a small GK and brought in a big athletic kid for the PKs. The other team (the one that won) had their GK, back-up GK, FW they had play GK for the game, all injured (got injured on the last play of the game - a goal that tied it up). Again, just threw in a big athletic kid. It almost worked for both teams.

Reaction Score
Georgia up on Portugal 2-0 in 60th minute. Had my update in wrong thread.

Reaction Score
Have you seen them play? They aren't scoring goals. Slovakia can give them fits. Austria is a true possibility to come out of this bracket

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have you seen them play? They aren't scoring goals. Slovakia can give them fits. Austria is a true possibility to come out of this bracket
Compared to the other side of the bracket it’s a cakewalk. And the oddsmakers agree.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I could definitely see Austria getting to the Semi's. Don't know how England will get past Italy. That one looks like PKs.

But that other side of the bracket has some big guns.

This had been a pretty entertaining tournament so far.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
It is crazy how unbalanced the knockout bracket unfolded.

One side with just (historically) England, Italy, and Netherlands. Given none have looked that great, but the other side has Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, and Belgium.

Hopefully Italy will get some life back in their legs and not just rely on Donnarumma to save them.

Reaction Score
Belgium has been horrendous
England has underperformed offensively and Slovakia is going to park the bus

The Germany side will probably produce the winner, and it would not surprise me if Austria is the one left standing from the England side

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Outside of Germany, Spain, and Portugal (pre Georgia match although that game did not matter for Portugal so not sure how much weight can be put on their performance) nobody has looked great or separated themselves from the rest of the pack.

Reaction Score
I expect France to show up. There's way too much talent on that roster

KryHavok

Reaction Score
Absolutely horrible game by Italy tonight, just terrible. Four games played, three goals scored, and a defense that my dearly departed nonnas could score on. Spalletti needs to go as the coach, and so does half the squad. That team looked scared, even Primadonnarumma (I've issues with him since he left AC Milan for PSG). I was so disgusted with this team. After the first Swiss goal, I told my son the game was over as 2 goals were beyond Italy's ability. Rooting for either Netherlands or Denmark now to win it all.

KryHavok

Reaction Score
The divers go home. Suits me.
Oh please, as if Italy have a monopoly on this diving nonsense. It's rooted in many footballers. My son and I were watching several YouTube clips of these before the game; most of the flops were NOT by Italian players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom