UEFA Euro Championship 2024 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UEFA Euro Championship 2024

Reaction Score
Germany over Denmark 2-0
Denmark was very unlucky. Great goal by #2 Andersen was disallowed for offsides by just the toe of a boot. Moments later Andersen gets called for a handball resulting in a pk for Deutschland. Ball came directly off an the offensive player's foot and looked completely inadvertent. 1-0 Germany. Then 2-0.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
England once again dominating possession but lazy defending the counter and go down 1-0. They’ve had some chances but keep having terrible service forward. Have to believe they will break through and score.

Reaction Score
Why do you have to believe? They haven't scored much all tournament. All that talent and they look awful

Reaction Score
Oh my god what a goal
IMG_4837.gif

Reaction Score
Falorin Balogun's goal for the United States against Panama was the best goal of the summer for both tournaments................................................

............until that Bellingham bicycle kick. Considering the dire circumstance of England being down 1-0 and on the verge of being eliminated from Euro 2024, that kick is really amazing. Bellingham is an elite world class player.

Oddly enough it reminded me of Ray Allen's back pedaling game tying 3 pointer against the Spurs with the entire championship on the line.

Reaction Score
Good comp.

England has to figure it out. They played with no urgency until the final 25. Cole Palmer need more time and Eze & Toney looked good in their cameos

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good comp.

England has to figure it out. They played with no urgency until the final 25. Cole Palmer need more time and Eze & Toney looked good in their cameos
Win and advance that is the key in these tournaments
England is not the strongest of national clubs this year but they have enough talent to play with anyone.
I personally feel they advanced further than I expected and I am the hugest fan of the thee lions

Reaction Score
The frustrating thing about England is they have all the pieces, roles, and they play such a conservative style of soccer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Good comp.

The passing left a lot to be desired. Given the quality of the goal scorers they have, the service needs to be better. They missed so many opportunities to give those players a chance to score. Even with that Rice almost scored, Trippier had an open net and hit the stands and Kane blew a header He should have buried.

But they back pass too often, trying to win possession instead of just relentlessly attacking. It Doesn’t really fit the personnel. Saka was good pushing forward and Eze when he came in.

Reaction Score
The passing left a lot to be desired. Given the quality of the goal scorers they have, the service needs to be better. They missed so many opportunities to give those players a chance to score. Even with that Rice almost scored, Trippier had an open net and hit the stands and Kane blew a header He should have buried.

But they back pass too often, trying to win possession instead of just relentlessly attacking. It Doesn’t really fit the personnel. Saka was good pushing forward and Eze when he came in.
correct. And Bellingham is best in space facing the other teams goal. His dribbling moves are excellent. However, in this tournament he is far too often tarcking back to get the ball facing his own goal.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Absolutely horrible game by Italy tonight, just terrible. Four games played, three goals scored, and a defense that my dearly departed nonnas could score on. Spalletti needs to go as the coach, and so does half the squad. That team looked scared, even Primadonnarumma (I've issues with him since he left AC Milan for PSG). I was so disgusted with this team. After the first Swiss goal, I told my son the game was over as 2 goals were beyond Italy's ability. Rooting for either Netherlands or Denmark now to win it all.
Switzerland just ran through them. The Swiss looked good. (or the Italians made them look good) 2-0 score flattered Italy. Could/should have probably been worse.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Switzerland does look tough but Italy (with the exception of Chiesa) looked lazy and disinterested.

Don't be surprised if Switzerland knocks off England. They seem to be approaching this tournament in a manner very similar to how Italy approached it.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Italy needs somebody to step up as a true leader for the World Cup. They just seemed to be unsure and constantly deferring, but nobody stepped up to fill that void. They were outplayed in every game, except against Albania and the last 30 seconds of the Croatia match.

England is in trouble if they continue with the way they have been playing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The frustrating thing about England is they have all the pieces, roles, and they play such a conservative style of soccer.
To me, that's bad coaching. Keep it tight and hope for a "moment of magic". It seems to me that squanders your advantages.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Italy needs somebody to step up as a true leader for the World Cup. They just seemed to be unsure and constantly deferring, but nobody stepped up to fill that void. They were outplayed in every game, except against Albania and the last 30 seconds of the Croatia match.

England is in trouble if they continue with the way they have been playing.
The problem is, as the team is currently constituted, there is really no one to step up. They need to start bringing up members from the Uxx squads to give them more playing time (this goes for club level as well for which teams go from predominantly Italian in Serie B to mostly foreigners in Serie A). At almost every position for the Euros games they lacked tenacity. With Spalletti being given more time by FIGC (Italian football federation), I don't think a turnaround will happen soon. Unfortunately I think we'll see the same once the Nations League play starts...expecting an ugly loss to France in the open round.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Diogo Costa with three straight saves on PKs for Portugal vs Slovenia! Wow, Slovenia never had a chance after a nearly game winning goal was missed in the 2nd half of extra time. Gotta make those opportunities. Ronaldo and his adam's apple live to play another day.

Reaction Score
So far the big boys have survived the Round of 16. Tomorrow is that "everyone else" side of the bracket minus Netherlands although they have not looked great. Good for the tournament for the big names to be in the Qtrs. Something about France v. Slovenia or Spain v. Denmark just doesn't do it for most.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm probably a fair % Austrian, so rooting for them today. Haven't had many chances over the years. It's nice to see how Ralf Rangnick has really built a pretty good squad. Losing 1-0 to Turkey at the moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom