UEFA Euro Championship 2024 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UEFA Euro Championship 2024

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Today's games reminded me of playoff hockey. Great games.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Was curious how disappointed Germany fans are after losing in Deutschland. Lot's of various headlines

At least Germany made it further in a tourney on their home turf than the US team did for Copa America. :(

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So the Cucurella handball seen here at about 11:10 of the video. I've seen penalties called on seemingly lesser violations. Even if not intentional, it certainly affected the shot, so why wasn't it called?

Also, have you ever seen a handball called in the box which resulted in a direct kick rather than a penalty kick? I saw a sideline ref calling for a direct kick before the main ref awarded a penalty kick. I asked someone I know and he said it is possible for it to be called a direct kick.

I thought it wasn't a handball and glad they actually called it that way. The idea of the "handball", Handling law is to prevent playing the ball with your hands/arms. Having your arms down and trying to move them out of the way of the ball is not "Handling" the ball. Nice to see it called correctly.
A handball by the defending team will always be a Pk in the box. A handball by the attacking team will be a DFK, coming out.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Was curious how disappointed Germany fans are after losing in Deutschland. Lot's of various headlines

I have no empathy for German fans after Frings handball in 2002.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I thought it wasn't a handball and glad they actually called it that way. The idea of the "handball", Handling law is to prevent playing the ball with your hands/arms. Having your arms down and trying to move them out of the way of the ball is not "Handling" the ball. Nice to see it called correctly.
A handball by the defending team will always be a Pk in the box. A handball by the attacking team will be a DFK, coming out.

Reaction Score
I understand that explanation. I've always understood an accidental or inadvertent handball is not a penalty. Unless the action results in a definitive advantage or disadvantage. I may be mistaken here. In this case, it may have been a goal if not for the ball hitting the defenders arm.

Most annoying is watching childrens' games. Parents are constantly calling for handball and getting annoyed when it's not called. I want to tell them it's not a handball just because the ball hit the kid's hand, but I don't think they'll listen anyway.

Reaction Score
I understand that explanation. I've always understood an accidental or inadvertent handball is not a penalty. Unless the action results in a definitive advantage or disadvantage. I may be mistaken here. In this case, it may have been a goal if not for the ball hitting the defenders arm.

Most annoying is watching childrens' games. Parents are constantly calling for handball and getting annoyed when it's not called. I want to tell them it's not a handball just because the ball hit the kid's hand, but I don't think they'll listen anyway.
Would have been called in CT youth soccer at all levels. Told my son it is up to the referee whether to call it or not. Seen much more inadvertent called in youth.

Reaction Score
Missed handball but damn France is fun to watch. Ronaldo is a fitness freak but time matches on.
Ronaldo is special. He hasn’t ruled out the World Cup in two years.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Ronaldo is washed up and he's held that team hostage for some reason.
Potential match of the tournament today in Spain - France
Precisely. Ronaldo is still fit but he is not a 90 minute player anymore and is a shell of his former self. He should be relegated to a late sub that only hunts goals.

Reaction Score
Re Ronaldo. He is certainly special but 39 is up there. You can maintain speed and endurance to a degree but it's the quickness that the legs lose first. He probably would benefit by being used as a sub to attack with fresh legs late in the game. Messi will be 38 in 2 weeks, is still very quick and is of course a magician. Pele played for the Cosmos from ages 34-36.

I don't follow but Saudi Pro-League must not be all that. Ronaldo has 35 goals in 2023-2024. Any chance he'll come to the MLS?

The 1977 New York Cosmos had Pele (36), Franz Beckenbauer (32), Giorgio Chinaglia (30). As played by Average White Band/The Cosmic Highlanders

Should be a great match today.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Great match so far between Spain and France
Was hoping for both France and Spain to crash out. Spain just took care of France. Much as I didn't like the teams, the match was a good one. Still looking for Netherlands to win it all, but Spain look to be the complete package.

Reaction Score
It's like these countries play a different sport than what we saw the US play last week.
On today's PTI they openly questioned if the US has a sixteen-year-old like Yamal waiting in the wings. Unfortunately, the answer is no for now.

Reaction Score
On today's PTI they openly questioned if the US has a sixteen-year-old like Yamal waiting in the wings. Unfortunately, the answer is no for now.
;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well there is Cavan Sullivan. So who knows.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There are a few out there in different areas of the US
How many baseball phenoms at that age level are living in Spain that could walk onto a MLB squad?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom