Uconn's starting QB | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Uconn's starting QB

Who will be UCONN'S starting QB by mid-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm a little disappointed for Shirreffs but he is a great kid already has his degree and a beautiful, pregnant wife to be. Hopefully he gets out of here healthy and on to the next chapter, while helping our younger guys develop. We've all seen what he can do. If Edsall is ready to name Pindell the QB after a couple weeks on campus that is pretty exciting for me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm a little disappointed for Shirreffs but he is a great kid already has his degree and a beautiful, pregnant wife to be. Hopefully he gets out of here healthy and on to the next chapter, while helping our younger guys develop. We've all seen what he can do. If Edsall is ready to name Pindell the QB after a couple weeks on campus that is pretty exciting for me.

I'd really like to see him work on the degree, get his health back and see what a successful program looks like. More than anything the kids in the program that had to put up with the stupid twins and/or Diaco haven't ever seen what a college football program looks like. It would be real nice for these kids to see success.

Reaction Score
Apparently the real David Pindell is consistent with the one we saw on tape drilling passes from his knees with laser precision. And the footwork seems to be there as well. This is very good news. Block line block!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'd really like to see him work on the degree, get his health back and see what a successful program looks like. More than anything the kids in the program that had to put up with the stupid twins and/or Diaco haven't ever seen what a college football program looks like. It would be real nice for these kids to see success.
I think he was one of the players who graduated along T Myers and Foley??

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

This is a blessing in disguise for him. As a newly married soon to be father who has no chance of playing pro football, he really doesn't need to go further down the road to CTE. I was somewhat surprised he even came back, but this is probably ideal for him. He's taken a lot of big hits here already.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is a blessing in disguise for him. As a newly married soon to be father who has no chance of playing pro football, he really doesn't need to go further down the road to CTE. I was somewhat surprised he even came back, but this is probably ideal for him. He's taken a lot of big hits here already.

^^^^ This. While I'm sure he is disappointed in not starting, I'm sure he is relieved to not take the beatings any more.

We never did get a full accounting of his injuries but I suspect they were more numerous and severe than was let on. The kid is a warrior and OK in my book.

Reaction Score
If you thought Pindell was going to be your starter even just by a little, it's a great move to name him now and give him the most reps heading into Holy Cross and some good game experience before we hit the better teams on our schedule. I have to think that Lashlee had some significant input into this decision so he could move forward with creating that chemistry and timing. That will make installing a gameplan much easier in a week or so.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If you thought Pindell was going to be your starter even just by a little, it's a great move to name him now and give him the most reps heading into Holy Cross and some good game experience before we hit the better teams on our schedule. I have to think that Lashlee had some significant input into this decision so he could move forward with creating that chemistry and timing. That will make and installing a gameplan much easier in a week or so.
It's all about establishing an identity; I like it. Also think having BS as a QB2 going in to the season is a position of strength.

Reaction Score
If you thought Pindell was going to be your starter even just by a little, it's a great move to name him now and give him the most reps heading into Holy Cross and some good game experience before we hit the better teams on our schedule. I have to think that Lashlee had some significant input into this decision so he could move forward with creating that chemistry and timing. That will make installing a gameplan much easier in a week or so.
Auburn had a bad habit of playing multiple QB's... whether that was lashlee or malzahn, who knows. it was the only thing I was hesitant about with the hire and our past history with QBs. I'm glad we've nipped that in the bud this early.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Thats a scenario where the staff earns its money making the right choice. If Washington is clearly the better QB, then he plays. Wins are more important than redshirts.

I disagree completely, that is a short sighted way of thinking. Edsall has already said that expectations should be optimistic but realistic, this season is going to be tough and you don't unnecessarily waste a year in the future to win maybe one or two games this season where the max win total will be around 4-5 wins. now if the "scenario" comes up and we are a win away from bowl eligibility in the last say 2-3 games then maybeeeee you consider this move because we all know how important getting bowl eligible is, extra practice etc is invaluable.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I disagree completely, that is a short sighted way of thinking. Edsall has already said that expectations should be optimistic but realistic, this season is going to be tough and you don't unnecessarily waste a year in the future to win maybe one or two games this season where the max win total will be around 4-5 wins. now if the "scenario" comes up and we are a win away from bowl eligibility in the last say 2-3 games then maybeeeee you consider this move because we all know how important getting bowl eligible is, extra practice etc is invaluable.

Bingo, - if playing Washington is the difference between bowling and not bowling - he plays. It would take an extraordinarily set of injury circumstances for that to happen, but its not totally out of the realm for this season.

You can't sit here today and say certain kids aren't playing the field this year under any circumstances, I think that is equally as foolish for them and for the team. If the kid is ready (key!) and they will help earn Ws (key), they should play.

About the only scenario I wouldnt apply this logic is if we have less than three games left. I really dont want to burn redshirts with less than three games to go....but then again, if that kid is the difference between bowling and not, then they play.

I have interpreted Edsall's commentary to be the opposite - he's fine with playing true freshman if they are better than what he has.

And plenty of kids that redshirted never see the field for academic/transfer reasons - and so there is that risk as well when banking talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom