Uconn's starting QB | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Uconn's starting QB

Who will be UCONN'S starting QB by mid-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
New coaching staff means nobody's safe... Would be nice to have the luxury of redshirting Pindell, but I just don't see that happening.. He was recruited with being able to play immediately in mind, not to mention, the most important part, he fits the system we will now run.. probably better than Shirreffs.
Pretty sure he was talking about redshirting Washington, not Pindell.

Reaction Score
Did any of the beat writers have feedback on actual QB play other than Pindell? I didn't read anything about Washington...would love to hear how he looks. Whether he is a "let's redshirt him and let him compete next year"...or "he needs to be ready if Pindell is injured or ineffective". I tend to think it is the latter from what I have read, but would love to hear what the beat writers think. Or....we need good intel from the open practice!
One of the beat writers, can't remember who, said it appeared to him that Pindell, Shireffs, and Washington were the top three.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if it wasn't
1) Pindell
2) Shireffs
3) Bisack

Redshirts:
Washington & McAfee.

Really glad Donovan Williams was moved to WR.

Yep, but I don't want Washington or McAfee slacking this year, so I would also tell them that they need to practice like they are number 2 because next year they will be number 2. Plus, Washington could end up playing this year if we have injuries. We cannot leave wins on the table to protect redshirts when our program needs ever win it can get. Ever win adds buts to the stadium and helps tremendously with recruiting.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yep, but I don't want Washington or McAfee slacking this year, so I would also tell them that they need to practice like they are number 2 because next year they will be number 2. Plus, Washington could end up playing this year if we have injuries. We cannot leave wins on the table to protect redshirts when our program needs ever win it can get. Ever win adds buts to the stadium and helps tremendously with recruiting.

Agreed. I'm interested to see what would happen in the following scenario: Pindell gets the nod as starter, BS announced as backup w/ plan to redshirt Washington. However, Washington looks really impressive in camp. Pindell gets injured, and then the staff has to decide whether to play BS when Washington looks like he may be the better QB. I say redshirt at all costs unless he's the best qb on the whole team, but I am wondering if we may meet this situation during the season at some point.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Agreed. I'm interested to see what would happen in the following scenario: Pindell gets the nod as starter, BS announced as backup w/ plan to redshirt Washington. However, Washington looks really impressive in camp. Pindell gets injured, and then the staff has to decide whether to play BS when Washington looks like he may be the better QB. I say redshirt at all costs unless he's the best qb on the whole team, but I am wondering if we may meet this situation during the season at some point.
Thats a scenario where the staff earns its money making the right choice. If Washington is clearly the better QB, then he plays. Wins are more important than redshirts.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if it wasn't
1) Pindell
2) Shireffs
3) Bisack

Redshirts:
Washington & McAfee.

Really glad Donovan Williams was moved to WR.
I've always liked Bisack, he's my dark horse. Would love to see a former walk on from my hometown get the starting job, but not gonna happen in Lashlee's offense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am wondering where Washington is as well. Not on the field at all

Reaction Score
This is really unexpected, but i'm glad it happened.

The alternative was that it went all the way to the end, which would have indicated that there wasn't much separation between what we had last season, and what we have now...at least early on in camp. This move, and it's timing basically means that there is a clear upgrade on the roster.

I love it when an underclassman supplants, or catches an older player on the depth chart, it just means we're getting better !

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is really unexpected, but i'm glad it happened.

The alternative was that it went all the way to the end, which would have indicated that there wasn't much separation between what we had last season, and what we have now...at least early on in camp. This move, and it's timing basically means that there is a clear upgrade on the roster.

I love it when an underclassman supplants, or catches an older player on the depth chart, it just means we're getting better !

I was 95% sure this would be the result. So not at all unexpected to me. Shireffs just strikes me as an ideal veteran backup, who just doesn't quite have enough to be the starter. I think they knew what they wanted to do the moment they tried to get Pindell. They didn't get a Juco QB to sit for a year, when there are talented freshmen on the roster.

Redshirt both freshmen and hope you don't need to burn those shirts. Bisack should be fine as a 3rd stringer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Now everyone knows why the are getting the numbers of snaps they are getting in practice going forward.

Get Pindell and the starters ready. I also don't think it's a stretch to say Shirreffs will be great for developing the second string.

Reaction Score
Now everyone knows why the are getting the numbers of snaps they are getting in practice going forward.

Get Pindell and the starters ready. I also don't think it's a stretch to say Shirreffs will be great for developing the second string.

Good move to make the decision public and move on w/ the team and staff knowing the plan...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom