Uconn's starting QB | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Uconn's starting QB

Who will be UCONN'S starting QB by mid-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Makes sense. He looked very overmatched at QB last year and the new staff has brought in a lot of talent at the position. This should allow him a much better shot at getting on the field.

Good size for WR....Like the threat of having him on either the jet sweep or wr pass. We need playmakers...hope he is not insulted by the move and becomes a playmaker.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Good size for WR....Like the threat of having him on either the jet sweep or wr pass. We need playmakers...hope he is not insulted by the move and becomes a playmaker.
Well, we'll see how it goes, but he would hardly be the first player to pack it in and move on a week after changing position.

Reaction Score
IIRC, see Donovan Williams twitter page, he was linked to established NFL WRs... Didn't see any QBs... so, I'm not surprised at all of his position change... I think he can lock down a spot on the depth chart with his size and athleticism...

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Time for new poll ;)

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 30s 30 seconds ago
Have arrived at UConn FB practice. QB Donovan Williams now a WR.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 13s 14 seconds ago
UConn's Donovan Williams is now a WR. Started 3 games at QB last yr, when Bob Diaco said he had as much ability as anyone in nation.

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 30s 31 seconds ago
Another interesting development: Donovan Williama working with the WR's, seems to be a 3 QB race between Shirreffs, Washington & Pindell

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Good. Step one to solving your QB problem is not to admit you have a QB problem, it is to stop deluding yourself that anyone with five times as many interceptions as touchdowns is a viable option at the position. Call it the Boyle rule. I know there are some of you Boyle junkies still out there. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

Next time we will cover, not every backup is Tom Brady. He is probably the backup for a good reason.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Sherriffs is still one of the most statisically efficient QB's we've had. If Pindell can beat him out purely on performance and not politics or "building for the future," then I would consider that a very positive development. Doubly so, if Sherriff is willing to accept the backup role and still be excited about football as a mature guy who loves the game and the program but is cool with not getting the stuffing knocked out of him every week.

Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 2m 2 minutes ago
Appears to be Pindell's job to lose but a long way to go.

Fuller: >>Pindell was the first one out and looked very comfortable running the offense. I wouldn't want to make any grand proclamations after seeing one hour of one practice but Pindell certainly looked like the guy. He was confidently firing the ball around the field and when he decides where he is going with the ball, it doesn't take long for the ball to get out of his hands.<<

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sherriffs is still one of the most statisically efficient QB's we've had. If Pindell can beat him out purely on performance and not politics or "building for the future," then I would consider that a very positive development. Doubly so, if Sherriff is willing to accept the backup role and still be excited about football as a mature guy who loves the game and the program but is cool with not getting the stuffing knocked out of him every week.
Fuller: >>Pindell was the first one out and looked very comfortable running the offense. I wouldn't want to make any grand proclamations after seeing one hour of one practice but Pindell certainly looked like the guy. He was confidently firing the ball around the field and when he decides where he is going with the ball, it doesn't take long for the ball to get out of his hands.<<

I've tried to bury my memories of the past few years, but one of the critiques of Shirreffs was staring down receivers, no? Gave the defense time to break off coverage and get to the ball.

Reaction Score
Well, we'll see how it goes, but he would hardly be the first player to pack it in and move on a week after changing position.

I said after signing day in Feb. that would be the best thing for his future and ours - cuz he's not getting on the field as a QB with the talent they brought in. Hope he's all in and makes the most of the move.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Depth at quarterback would be nice as it seems to have been awhile since that has happened. If Pindell wins the job then we know that Sherriffs would be a very solid backup.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've tried to bury my memories of the past few years, but one of the critiques of Shirreffs was staring down receivers, no? Gave the defense time to break off coverage and get to the ball.
He did tend to lock in.

Reaction Score
He did tend to lock in.
No doubt, but I think oftentimes that had to do with the fact that he knew he had to get the ball out or he'd be taking a sack. With (hopefully) improved line play, we need a QB who can see the entire field.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
RE has seen an entire spring of Sherriffs and plenty of game tape. I would not put much stock into the new guy getting the bulk of the early reps with the first team.

We should have a good sense in two weeks.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington win the #2 job.

Did any of the beat writers have feedback on actual QB play other than Pindell? I didn't read anything about Washington...would love to hear how he looks. Whether he is a "let's redshirt him and let him compete next year"...or "he needs to be ready if Pindell is injured or ineffective". I tend to think it is the latter from what I have read, but would love to hear what the beat writers think. Or....we need good intel from the open practice!

Reaction Score
I can't see them blowing his redshirt when Shirriffs is available. Maybe later in the season, if it seems like the right thing to do and circumstances change , but not now.
New coaching staff means nobody's safe... Would be nice to have the luxury of redshirting Pindell, but I just don't see that happening.. He was recruited with being able to play immediately in mind, not to mention, the most important part, he fits the system we will now run.. probably better than Shirreffs.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I can't see them blowing his redshirt when Shirriffs is available. Maybe later in the season, if it seems like the right thing to do and circumstances change , but not now.

This team isn't in the position to think about red shirting anyone. The best player will play. Especially QBs. If MW is second best and Pindell goes down, I imagine he will play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom