Uconn's starting QB | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Uconn's starting QB

Who will be UCONN'S starting QB by mid-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: UConn Football Notebook: Annual QB Question Again On Front Burner. Interesting commentary about QB's buried within.

Storrs, Ct. - 07/28/2017 - UConn quarter backs from front to back (L-R): Brad Westmark, David Pindell, Marvin Washington, Bryant Shirreffs, Donovan Williams, Jordan McAfee and Brandon Bisack. Photograph by Mark Mirko | mmirko@courant.com
020.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We can evaluate during the first 3 preseason games...oh, that's right that's not college ball ...just Diaco ball.

Having a decent backup QB in BS is actually a nice plus side.
...I hope Randy didn't get that memo...RE pre-season games. I'm thinking between the unwanted memos the unaccepted trophy and other combustibles, perhaps for homecoming the football team would be willing to sponsee a bonfire???

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: UConn Football Notebook: Annual QB Question Again On Front Burner. Interesting commentary about QB's buried within.

Storrs, Ct. - 07/28/2017 - UConn quarter backs from front to back (L-R): Brad Westmark, David Pindell, Marvin Washington, Bryant Shirreffs, Donovan Williams, Jordan McAfee and Brandon Bisack. Photograph by Mark Mirko | mmirko@courant.com
View attachment 23846

Sure reads very positive for Pindell, who I always expected to win the job. I assume any or all of McAfee, Williams or Washington could be red-shirted. It seems like Bisack has shown enough to be the third stringer. I can't imagine Shirreffs not being the backup.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
YEAH! Well .... my agent is better than your agent!
The posture of FHCBD in that picture is telling. Where is the body language expert when you need them? To the non expert like me it says "I don't have clue what to do except yell to make it seem like I do". This must have been after BS was TFL when a run up the middle was stuffed at the LOS.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He used to play at Marist with a friend of mine. Apparently he was pretty bad lol
meh. bad is relative. he was one of the best QB's Brookfield ever had and they've been a top program in the state over the last 15+ years.

Reaction Score
Time for new poll ;)

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 30s 30 seconds ago
Have arrived at UConn FB practice. QB Donovan Williams now a WR.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 13s 14 seconds ago
UConn's Donovan Williams is now a WR. Started 3 games at QB last yr, when Bob Diaco said he had as much ability as anyone in nation.

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 30s 31 seconds ago
Another interesting development: Donovan Williama working with the WR's, seems to be a 3 QB race between Shirreffs, Washington & Pindell

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Time for new poll ;)

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 30s 30 seconds ago
Have arrived at UConn FB practice. QB Donovan Williams now a WR.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 13s 14 seconds ago
UConn's Donovan Williams is now a WR. Started 3 games at QB last yr, when Bob Diaco said he had as much ability as anyone in nation.

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 30s 31 seconds ago
Another interesting development: Donovan Williama working with the WR's, seems to be a 3 QB race between Shirreffs, Washington & Pindell

I thought his best play of his entire freshman year was the catch he made on the Noel Thomas pass.

Reaction Score
New OC/ new scheme.... Opening night should be a confidence builder. Like BS, but it's his last year, low return on investment. HCRE is not in jeopardy of losing job. Think he goes with Pindell with a small playbook. Lot's of hand-offs and opportunities to make plays with his feet. As he gains confidence and controls the huddle, I think they will fold the passing game in. Even in final state, I think we will be a run first team with a conservative passing game.

Regardless of the choice, hope it's one guy...barring injury. No wildcat rotations or playing the 'hot hand' game to game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom