UConn vs UCLA post game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA post game thread

Reaction Score
The rest of her game is fine, though. And the value of her needing the constant attention of one of the opponent’s best defenders can’t be underestimated

That's what makes her special. Most scorers vanish when shots don't fall. KLS plays better Defense, hits the boards, and becomes a better passer.

Still, we will need 25pt. Lou if we want to win it all.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
And now, for the post-game nerves --

scotch.jpg

Reaction Score
I thought everyone (yes, ALL) played well by making useful contribs. Lou's shot was still a bit off, but she played HARD and did her share of good things other than points. CW was not your typical freshman. Danger came up big, and Liv gave some great minutes. And Phees was, well, Phees...
I would add that Geno stepped up as well in the Fourth. He basically played vanilla UConn offense and defense until then with poor results. Team looked gassed but overcame.

Reaction Score
So, after Buffalo game, @HuskyNan "took responsibility" for the Team's play because she had picked up an old penny and instead of it being good luck, it was the opposite. Well, tonight I have to confess, I had to work at the Golf Course (darn Retirement Job!!!;):rolleyes: I was able to watch the game on my cell phone, but lost coverage from time to time. And, of course I was not in my good luck recliner, and not in my good luck UCONN shirt and sweat pants. I got home late in the 3rd..as UCLA was taking the lead. I changed into my UCONN shirt, and put on my normal game watching sweats. More importantly, I got one of my normal game watching drinks...a Mike's Hard Lemonade, Mango flavor...:D:D And as we saw, Danger started off the 4th quarter with a bang! and the Team took over, regained the lead and held on to the end!!! Moral of the story... no more work on game day, and make sure I have plenty of Mike's Mango on hand for Sunday. I may not be able to walk later on Sunday afternoon :rolleyes::D, but I will sacrifice myself to send as many Good Vibes (Mike's Mango Good Luck) to the Team as they play for the Regional Championship and a ticket to the Final Four!!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"CW was not your typical freshman." Yeah, she was. She took a few ill-advised shots, floaters in the lane that got swatted away, or a shot when Geno wanted to hold it until time was almost out, but she did play very well.
That last putback was ill-advised. She should have taken the ball out to the corner.

Reaction Score
It kind of looks like Lou isn’t able to jump, or she seems reluctant to jump. Maybe her back injury affected her leaping, or it’s painful to jump? She won’t be fixed by Sunday, but maybe if UConn advances, hopefully by Final Four she’ll be better.

Reaction Score
Crystal Crystal Crystal!!! Thank goodness for Crystal in that 4th quarter. That's all I have to say. Other than that, UCONN was able to keep the rebound differential close which I think was crucial also. Now off to the game that Iike Geno I always dread the most during the tournament - Elite 8. Go Huskies!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It kind of looks like Lou isn’t able to jump, or she seems reluctant to jump. Maybe her back injury affected her leaping, or it’s painful to jump? She won’t be fixed by Sunday, but maybe if UConn advances, hopefully by Final Four she’ll be better.

I think that with back injuries or core injuries , they affect pretty much everything. JMO

Reaction Score
Props to both Crystal and Geno. Seems pretty clear to me that Geno coached his team to victory tonight with the adjustments he made late in the third quarter to reposition Crystal and pivot towards an isolation, one-on-one game.

When Geno talks, Crystal listens!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have to chuckle when I read the posts about KLS not looking like herself, etc. She looks exactly the same now as she looked in December. The only difference now that teams are playing tight defense on her. KLS cannot create her own shot and has never been a jump shooter. I think she got 3 open shots and missed all 3. Her biggest asset now is taking one of the other team's best defenders away from Pheesa and setting good screens, which she did. I think she had a good game. As Geno has often said...You don't have to score a lot of points to have a good game.

I'm more concerned about MW not being able to score inside. How many shots in the paint is she going to miss without drawing a foul?

It was a hard game to watch at times, but a win is a win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom