UConn vs UCLA post game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA post game thread

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The UCLA defense and relentlessness were as expected. UConn did well in not losing their cool with the physical play that the officials were allowing. I doubt they’ll see that level of physicality from Louisville. Both the hardness of the picks and the hardness of the UCLA players fighting through the UConn picks were impressive.

I don’t think we’ll see that from Louisville.

UConn should spend all of tomorrow’s practice working on playing under the basket. They’ve missed several bunnies in each of the last few games, plus Christyn needs to learn not to take the ball to the basket among the trees.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really about CW? How many freshmen run to save a ball and ends up over the table. She is not a typical freshmen period. We don’t win the game without her 3’s and defense. Lou obviously isn’t right but I have no doubt Sunday she will play better. The refs didn’t call much and when they did it was horrible calls. Very physical game!! I though Olivia played well had a critical block that resulted in uconns favor. To win against the hottest and most athletic team left in the tourney with 5 pts from Lou and crystal scoreless till the 3rd quarter and we still win the game.. I like our chances Sunday who ever it will be!!! This team knows how to win tough games.

Reaction Score
ESPN is so bad. It just posted a promo stating that Mississippi State or ASU will play the winner of the South Dakota State/ UCONN game on Sunday. Do they even proofread their ads?

Reaction Score
I have to chuckle when I read the posts about KLS not looking like herself, etc. She looks exactly the same now as she looked in December. The only difference now that teams are playing tight defense on her. KLS cannot create her own shot and has never been a jump shooter. I think she got 3 open shots and missed all 3. Her biggest asset now is taking one of the other team's best defenders away from Pheesa and setting good screens, which she did. I think she had a good game. As Geno has often said...You don't have to score a lot of points to have a good game.

I'm more concerned about MW not being able to score inside. How many shots in the paint is she going to miss without drawing a foul?

It was a hard game to watch at times, but a win is a win.
When Meg doesn't think and just plays loose she is at her best.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Really about CW? How many freshmen run to save a ball and ends up over the table. She is not a typical freshmen period. We don’t win the game without her 3’s and defense. Lou obviously isn’t right but I have no doubt Sunday she will play better. The refs didn’t call much and when they did it was horrible calls. Very physical game!! I though Olivia played well had a critical block that resulted in uconns favor. To win against the hottest and most athletic team left in the tourney with 5 pts from Lou and crystal scoreless till the 3rd quarter and we still win the game.. I like our chances Sunday who ever it will be!!! This team knows how to win tough games.
Agree on every point. Also, there was a stretch of 7 minutes where we didn't score but the defense kept UCLA from doing major damage.

Reaction Score
I thought Liv was even in the minutes she played. I recall a nice defensive deflection she got under 3mins to kill more time off the clock

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
ESPN is so bad. It just posted a promo stating that Mississippi State or ASU will play the winner of the South Dakota State/ UCONN game on Sunday. Do they even proofread their ads?
They dont proofread their bracket listing graphics, why should they proofread the ads?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Are the post game pressers posted anywhere yet?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
"CW was not your typical freshman." Yeah, she was. She took a few ill-advised shots, floaters in the lane that got swatted away, or a shot when Geno wanted to hold it until time was almost out, but she did play very well.
No she was not. Walker played like an inexperienced freshman. How many balls is she going to fumble? Collier had another double double and kept the team in the game for most of the game yet many are talking more about KLS and making excuses for how she played. If Walker and Dangerfield had played their usual game, the game never would have been close.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So, after Buffalo game, @HuskyNan "took responsibility" for the Team's play because she had picked up an old penny and instead of it being good luck, it was the opposite. Well, tonight I have to confess, I had to work at the Golf Course (darn Retirement Job!!!;):rolleyes: I was able to watch the game on my cell phone, but lost coverage from time to time. And, of course I was not in my good luck recliner, and not in my good luck UCONN shirt and sweat pants. I got home late in the 3rd..as UCLA was taking the lead. I changed into my UCONN shirt, and put on my normal game watching sweats. More importantly, I got one of my normal game watching drinks...a Mike's Hard Lemonade, Mango flavor...:D:D And as we saw, Danger started off the 4th quarter with a bang! and the Team took over, regained the lead and held on to the end!!! Moral of the story... no more work on game day, and make sure I have plenty of Mike's Mango on hand for Sunday. I may not be able to walk later on Sunday afternoon :rolleyes::D, but I will sacrifice myself to send as many Good Vibes (Mike's Mango Good Luck) to the Team as they play for the Regional Championship and a ticket to the Final Four!!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!!
I was all up with you until the lemonade stuff. What is wrong with whiskey? It literally means water of life. Lemons are great in a pie. But you are meant to drink whiskey. But I do thank you for all the other good big mojo stuff. :D

Reaction Score
I was all up with you until the lemonade stuff. What is wrong with whiskey? It literally means water of life. Lemons are great in a pie. But you are meant to drink whiskey. But I do thank you for all the other good big mojo stuff. :D
Have you ever tried a Mike's Mango? Smooth, refreshing and the alcohol kick sneaks up on you.:rolleyes::D

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps forgetting about camara. She is athletic , plays tough and is a tenacious rebounder. Give her some minutes this type of game we could use her. She hasn’t been given anything this season yes I get her knee but she seems to be heathy now. We all knew what she did at Kentucky.. this girl can play. I hope they give her minutes tonight and help with rebounding!!!
She will only play if Geno is bored to use her. The same goes for everyone else, except Olivia.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Have you ever tried a Mike's Mango? Smooth, refreshing and the alcohol kick sneaks up on you.:rolleyes::D
Never tried it. I like straight whiskey and porter on the side. I drank gin and tonics for a time years ago. It must have done the trick as I never got malaria! But I never acquired a taste for flavored drinks. But I am not in the majority there. So mango till your heart's content! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I dont see UCLAs defense slowing UConn down and I dont see UCLAs defense keeping UConn from scoring.

This comment did not age well.

5:18 Q2 - 8:10 Q3 --> 0 pts (7:08 scoreless)

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that most are convinced that KLS is seriously hurt, and yet Cori Close did not agree. If she did, she would've switched her top defenders to others.
Agreed...from what I saw, it looked like Lou had a 2nd person in her shorts with her... tight face guarding defense all night. Taking one Huskie weapon out of the mix means the rest of the defense has to be able to minimize Phee, Danger, CW and Meg. The other 4 did just fine!

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that most are convinced that KLS is seriously hurt, and yet Cori Close did not agree. If she did, she would've switched her top defenders to others.

I think Geno said she is not 100% in his presser. She definitely seems slower to me.

Reaction Score
Oregon State never showed up tonight. So, It's Louisville vs. UCONN on Sunday. Massey has UCONN favored by 3 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom