UConn vs UCLA post game thread | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCLA post game thread

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I accidentally merged this thread with the post game. Sorry:oops:

Well here we go again another Regional. Did you know UCLA has more losses then any team in the Regionals? UCLA imo is not a good defensive team. UCLA does not play well in low scoring games. I expect UConn to control the tempo and to be very disciplined. I dont see UCLAs defense slowing UConn down and I dont see UCLAs defense keeping UConn from scoring. All the talk about UCLA rebounding. Well Tenn had a terrible season and MD is not a disciplined team. Neither plays good defense. UCLA got to many easy shots close in and to many rebounds because they werent blocked out. That fundamental basketball. You can be sure Geno will have UConn ready. In regional games the score is not high scoring. In a low scoring game UCLA doesnt fair well. One last point if UCLA is hitting the boards and UConn is rebounding and nobody is back for the fast break UConn runs up the score. There are just to many things that UCONN can do that UCLA can not match.

With 5 scoring options now and ONO clogging up the middle UCLA will have problems. UConn 74 UCLA 58.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Well here we go again another Regional. Did you know UCLA has more losses then any team in the Regionals? UCLA imo is not a good defensive team. UCLA does not play well in low scoring games. I expect UConn to control the tempo and to be very disciplined. I dont see UCLAs defense slowing UConn down and I dont see UCLAs defense keeping UConn from scoring. All the talk about UCLA rebounding. Well Tenn had a terrible season and MD is not a disciplined team. Neither plays good defense. UCLA got to many easy shots close in and to many rebounds because they werent blocked out. That fundamental basketball. You can be sure Geno will have UConn ready. In regional games the score is not high scoring. In a low scoring game UCLA doesnt fair well. One last point if UCLA is hitting the boards and UConn is rebounding and nobody is back for the fast break UConn runs up the score. There are just to many things that UCONN can do that UCLA can not match.

With 5 scoring options now and ONO clogging up the middle UCLA will have problems. UConn 74 UCLA 58.
So refreshing to see a post that I agree with. I’m sooooooo sick of the pessimists around here who are doubting the UCONN women. Thanks!!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

If you don't see UCLA's defense as good or slowing Uconn's offense down, why do you think Uconn will only score 74 points?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If you don't see UCLA's defense as good or slowing Uconn's offense down, why do you think Uconn will only score 74 points?
Its the regionals , UConn usually slows the game down. I would be surprised if UConn scored over 75 pts unless they get it going and its a blowout which I dont think it will be. I dont think UCLA can score over 65 pts against UConn and I dont think they can keep UConn under 70 pts. jmo

Reaction Score
I dont think UCLA can score over 65 pts against UConn and I dont think they can keep UConn under 70 pts. jmo

We let an inferior Buffalo squad, missing their best player for parts of the 4th quarter, score 72. Why is 65 for UCLA such a tall order?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We let an inferior Buffalo squad, missing their best player for parts of the 4th quarter, score 72. Why is 65 for UCLA such a tall order?
Thats an easy question. UConn was in foul trouble and was defenseless. I dont think they will be against UCLA

Reaction Score
If UConn shoots well they win......simple as that..
Totally correct. But a big " if" considering the last several weeks. We need each starter to contribute, and to draw off defenders. UCLA is playing their best BB of the season right now, and they have some fine athletes. They also have more depth ( who doesn't?) than we do. Olivia was not very impressive against Buffalo, and UCLA ( and all future games ) will make it even tougher for her. So it really raises a question; can our starting five each play 40 effective minutes? And then do it again on Sunday? I say yes to the former, but no to the latter. Hoping to be embarrassed by this take.

Reaction Score
Totally correct. But a big " if" considering the last several weeks. We need each starter to contribute, and to draw off defenders. UCLA is playing their best BB of the season right now, and they have some fine athletes. They also have more depth ( who doesn't?) than we do. Olivia was not very impressive against Buffalo, and UCLA ( and all future games ) will make it even tougher for her. So it really raises a question; can our starting five each play 40 effective minutes? And then do it again on Sunday? I say yes to the former, but no to the latter. Hoping to be embarrassed by this take.

your not kidding about the "if" factor........................this year's team is pretty unpredictable.........................they could blow UCLA out by 25 or lose by 10........................highly unlikely Geno only goes five deep......................at a minimum ONO should get a few minutes to give the front court players a breather and I'm hoping that Coombs gets to make a positive impact on this game even if that only means giving five minutes of rest for CD and CW without the team losing momentum..................

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps forgetting about camara. She is athletic , plays tough and is a tenacious rebounder. Give her some minutes this type of game we could use her. She hasn’t been given anything this season yes I get her knee but she seems to be heathy now. We all knew what she did at Kentucky.. this girl can play. I hope they give her minutes tonight and help with rebounding!!!

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps forgetting about camara. She is athletic , plays tough and is a tenacious rebounder. Give her some minutes this type of game we could use her. She hasn’t been given anything this season yes I get her knee but she seems to be heathy now. We all knew what she did at Kentucky.. this girl can play. I hope they give her minutes tonight and help with rebounding!!!
Maybe Batouly is Geno’s secret weapon and he has been saving her for this moment all season. Wouldn’t it be nice if she can make a meaningful contribution tonight !

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Thats an easy question. UConn was in foul trouble and was defenseless. I dont think they will be against UCLA

Easy question or simplistic answer ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom