UConn vs. Temple Owls (Saturday 10/5/24 @3:30p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Temple Owls (Saturday 10/5/24 @3:30p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Reaction Score
The team Edsall handed off to Pasqualoni in 2011 had 8 (maybe more) NFL players on it. That is a higher bar than "TNT" thinks.
I was surprised by Pete Calin's opinion as well that this year's team has the most talent in 20 years.

But there is no denying that this is a fun team to watch and "TNT" encourages fans to witness the team in action.

Reaction Score

You ain't kiddin' Jim and the numbers don't lie. ( I know it's only 5 games) But sometimes it probably just takes the will to change things up. Unlike all of these former rinse and repeat DC's turned HC's who've never been willing and sold us the need for grind it out/clock control Northeast FB.

So huge shout out to Coach Mora ( and Gordie), since its been years ( 2009 w/ a Uconn team over 30 PPG). Out with the Rhino/rugby/1 WR sets or constant bubble screens And in with a wide open offense/ 4-5 wide outs, passes down field and giving that talent a chance to play in space. It's fun football to watch !

1728046047008.jpeg

Reaction Score
You ain't kiddin' Jim and the numbers don't lie. ( I know it's only 5 games) But sometimes it probably just takes the will to change things up. Unlike all of these former rinse and repeat DC's turned HC's who've never been willing and sold us the need for grind it out/clock control Northeast FB.

So huge shout out to Coach Mora ( and Gordie), since its been years ( 2009 w/ a Uconn team over 30 PPG). Out with the Rhino/rugby/1 WR sets or constant bubble screens And in with a wide open offense/ 4-5 wide outs, passes down field and giving that talent a chance to play in space. It's fun football to watch !

View attachment 103967
Great video and agreed that our O is such an unexpected breath of fresh air this year.

Apropos of nothing, I think Mel is the best ‘stick your foot in the ground and go’ runner we’ve had since moving to FBS. He’s fun to watch

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2004 was pretty good as well and I might have missed a cup of coffee from that squad. As I said, 2024 has a higher bar than than TNT thinks.

Dan Orlovsky lions,
Albert Fincher saints,
Darius Butler - colts,
Tyvon Branch- Jaguars,
Deon Anderson - cowboys,
Danny Lansanah -bucs,
Will Beatty - giants

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics