UConn vs. Temple Owls (Saturday 10/5/24 @3:30p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Temple Owls (Saturday 10/5/24 @3:30p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Reaction Score
message boards are the same everywhere. The Temple board's thread about the UConn game quickly turned into a CR thread about the AAC and how UConn is doing being independent and being in the Big East

"Hard to believe, UConn, with no conf is supposed to be that much better than TU, a flagship member of the AAC like UConn was. Supposedly, (..& hopefully to most on this board), UConn's football was going to die after they left. I didn't like their chances either but that opinion changed with the savvy hire of Mora. They have a pretty competitive team and a nice schedule, for an indy. 3 P4's--1 at home and have had similar schedules for yrs.

"I'm on the neutral side of the A-10 vs AAC thing but...UConn has done something here that should at least make some people at N Broad think about UConn's path. TU has that path available if they want. I would even say TU has an advantage in that respect. A welcoming. GOOD, BB conf if they want to leave the AAC."

just read the thread.
they are very angry!

at their fb coach
at being in the AAC with a bunch of pretty-much CUSA schools
at not being in the Big East or a-10
at not having natural, regional rivals
at UConn for being better than them without a conference

thank you Jim Mora!

Reaction Score
just read the thread.
they are very angry!

at their fb coach

thank you Jim Mora!
Exactly!
When UConn set out on this path, the goal was to best Temple.
We’ll see what happens Saturday.

Reaction Score
Here's our history vs Temple since the transition to 1-A. It was a good series for a while up until we fell off a cliff in the AAC and they beat the crap out of us a bunch of times. Would be nice to return the favor this weekend.

2001 - TEMPLE 56, UConn 7
2002 - Temple 38, UCONN 24 (Storrs)
2004 - UCONN 45, Temple 31
2007 - UCONN 22, Temple 17
2008 - UConn 12, TEMPLE 9 (OT)
2010 - TEMPLE 30, UConn 16

2012 - Temple 17, UCONN 14 (OT)

- - - - - - - - (AAC) - - - - - - -
2013 - UConn 28, TEMPLE 21
2014 - Temple 36, UCONN 10
2015 - TEMPLE 27, UConn 3
2016 - Temple 21, UCONN 0
2017 - UConn 28, TEMPLE 24
2018 - Temple 57, UCONN 7
2019 - TEMPLE 49, UConn 17
To be fair that's when Temple was knocking it out of the park with back to back HC hires. They seemed to have swung and missed this time around.

Reaction Score
just read the thread.
they are very angry!

at their fb coach

thank you Jim Mora!
Yeah that one person was like "UConn should be terrible without a conference like ESPN told me to believe"

Reaction Score
message boards are the same everywhere. The Temple board's thread about the UConn game quickly turned into a CR thread about the AAC and how UConn is doing being independent and being in the Big East

"Hard to believe, UConn, with no conf is supposed to be that much better than TU, a flagship member of the AAC like UConn was. Supposedly, (..& hopefully to most on this board), UConn's football was going to die after they left. I didn't like their chances either but that opinion changed with the savvy hire of Mora. They have a pretty competitive team and a nice schedule, for an indy. 3 P4's--1 at home and have had similar schedules for yrs.

"I'm on the neutral side of the A-10 vs AAC thing but...UConn has done something here that should at least make some people at N Broad think about UConn's path. TU has that path available if they want. I would even say TU has an advantage in that respect. A welcoming. GOOD, BB conf if they want to leave the AAC."

I hope we hang 50 on them.

If we beat 4 AAC schools this season they should have to give us a bowl bid.

Reaction Score
Can’t make Saturday’s game. Two tickets in section 224 (50 yard line) row 3. If interested DM me. Willing to let go of them for cheap!

Reaction Score

I still would like to see the implementation of a "rewards card" where students and season ticket holders get points for attending games (any sport) than can be redeemed for seat upgrades, merch, tickets to games. Things like that. Like you can swipe upon entering and leaving so the longer you stay the more points you get.

Reaction Score
Good listen. The most interesting comment by Pete was his statement that this year's team has the most talent in the last 20 years.

The team Edsall handed off to Pasqualoni in 2011 had 8 (maybe more) NFL players on it. That is a higher bar than "TNT" thinks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom