UConn vs. Temple Owls (Saturday 10/5/24 @3:30p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Temple Owls (Saturday 10/5/24 @3:30p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Sorry I have to air you out but this is a tired take. Have you even watched a snap this season??? Night and day vs past years so it’s irrelevant to even mention that. This team is firing everyone is locked in and the changes at coordinators have made a huge difference.
No, not that it matters here, but in a locker room what @Jetskies is saying is gospel... Looking past the next opponent is probably the third or fourth worst thing you can do. Don't ask what could be worse.

Reaction Score
We haven’t been good enough long enough to just assume everyone left on our schedule is going to be a cakewalk. Football is game to game - different team, different coaching strategies, different scenarios, etc. You don’t know how UConn is going to come out nor how Temple will. Do we expect to win? Yes. Not expecting 30-40 point blowouts every week though.

Reaction Score
They had some odd games in the past. Temple winning during RE 1.0 with weaker teams , Casey’s 2nd half comeback, UConn’s kicker missing 4 FGs and missing a bowl game opportunity.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We haven’t been good enough long enough to just assume everyone left on our schedule is going to be a cakewalk. Football is game to game - different team, different coaching strategies, different scenarios, etc. You don’t know how UConn is going to come out nor how Temple will. Do we expect to win? Yes. Not expecting 30-40 point blowouts every week though.
Exactly.

Just go out there and win. We'd all love it to be by 40 points, but even if it's just by 1 point, secure the W...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They had some odd games in the past. Temple winning during RE 1.0 with weaker teams , Casey’s 2nd half comeback, UConn’s kicker missing 4 FGs and missing a bowl game opportunity.
The ultimate example of that for me was when they crushed UConn in September 2010, then the Huskies went on to the Fiesta Bowl.

Reaction Score
I'm 76, and hope to have your sense of humor at 85. You're not "old"............................just "well seasoned."
I hope it doesn't appear that I was looking for sympathy by using the term "old guy"! It just seemed like an appropriate response from a very longgggggggggggggggggggggg time UConn football fan....If I could get to the game I would go. So I simply was trying to drum up support from those on the boneyard site to get to this game....I agree with the thought that every game is subject to a W or L. Ask ND about losing to NIU. So go Huskies, and hope many fans will show. To Viet Vet I say "Thanks for your service"!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom