UConn vs So Carolina game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn vs So Carolina game thread

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
On Landers' breakdown of Pheesa's second chance 3 you could see how SC gave up on the play. Didn't notice that live. Not good.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
UConn is on fire!! 3 players are in double figure scoring at halftime.
And Z has been on the bench due to silly fouls...hope she plays with attitude in the 2nd half and scores at will.

Reaction Score
Even though she doesn't have many stats, I thought CDs on ball defense has made it very difficult for South Carolina to get anything on offense. I think that has been a key to how well the defense has played.

Reaction Score
as I watch the ladies continue to kill it from 3 pt range, I started thinking to myself. The ball women use has a smaller circumference than men's. Does anybody now why women don't use a rim with a smaller diameter? I was thinking if you take the best women's shooter compared to the best men's shooter if you could really measure an apples to apples comparison because the smaller size ball with the same sized rim seems to give more margin for error with a women's ball. Had me thinking what the difference in shooting percentage would be for women in A vs. B.

I thought this game would be way closer, but instead my mind started to wander as I watch and the ladies pull further away and for some reason remembered back to middle and high school when we used to have a fundraiser boys vs girls game and I remembered I always shot much better with the women's ball :)

Imagine trying to sink a putt in golf. Are you really going to have an easier time if the ball were 20% smaller?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UConn is playing very well but SC is really way to passive. Maybe all the fight left them in the Mizzou game?

Reaction Score
as I watch the ladies continue to kill it from 3 pt range, I started thinking to myself. The ball women use has a smaller circumference than men's. Does anybody now why women don't use a rim with a smaller diameter? I was thinking if you take the best women's shooter compared to the best men's shooter if you could really measure an apples to apples comparison because the smaller size ball with the same sized rim seems to give more margin for error with a women's ball. Had me thinking what the difference in shooting percentage would be for women in A vs. B.

I thought this game would be way closer, but instead my mind started to wander as I watch and the ladies pull further away and for some reason remembered back to middle and high school when we used to have a fundraiser boys vs girls game and I remembered I always shot much better with the women's ball :)

They are not going to be replacing rims every game from men to women and visa versa. Yes women have advantage of smaller ball and if they were going to make things equal than the easier thing to do is play with the same ball. That said, they don't play each other so no reason to make it the same.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Dawn said today she'd agree to keep playing UConn as long as the series remains "competitive"... I guess the return game to SC in 2019-2020 will be the last game the two teams play because based on the likely results of tonight's game and the way UConn is recruiting in relation to SC that gap is not closing.

It was fun ya'll! :D

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Repeating myself - the passing has been fantastic. Did UConn store this in mothballs and pull it out for this game?

Geno didn't want to show his hand until it was a really big game.

Reaction Score
Imagine trying to sink a putt in golf. Are you really going to have an easier time if the ball were 20% smaller?

Yes. Conversely, if you made the cup bigger with the same size ball, you'd make more putts as well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn is playing very well but SC is really way to passive. Maybe all the fight left them in the Mizzou game?
Elite teams don’t have the luxury of reliving their last games. Opponents are always gunning for them

Reaction Score
Even though she doesn't have many stats, I thought CDs on ball defense has made it very difficult for South Carolina to get anything on offense. I think that has been a key to how well the defense has played.
Agree. Crystal is the best player to defend Wilson tonight.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Dawn said today she'd agree to keep playing UConn as long as the series remains "competitive"... I guess the return game to SC in 2019-2020 will be the last game the two teams play because based on the likely results of tonight's game and the way UConn is recruiting in relation to SC that gap is not closing.
It was fun ya'll! :D
A lot could change though with new transfer rules on the way. No gurantee that anyone keeps the rucruits they currently have.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It looks like it's going to be more of the same for UConn in the second half. Kia nurse just had that swag look on her face like we got this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom